Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000 within 3 years?  (Read 4645 times)
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:01:50 AM

2014: fairly stable at $400-500
2015: peak at $4000
2016: fairly stable around $3000
2017: peak near $20000
2018: stable above $5000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:32:26 PM

80%

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:43:49 PM

Could happen this year. If not, the next one certainly.

No way It happens this year, 3 years.. sounds something like It. This year like $1.5-2k Max I'd say.  Smiley
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

If I was as certain as you 2 are, I'd stock up on a lot more Smiley

You need to be only somewhat more than 5% certain to stock up a lot (more?). Unless you believe that it is in fact the $ that is losing 95%.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
pinksheep (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

not sure what exactly you mean by that?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:21:31 PM

Just passing the time while waiting on some bitcoin movement  Grin In percentage terms, what do you think the probability is of BTC hitting $10K in the next 3 years?

I would say a 20% chance for hitting 10K in 3 years.

rebel24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:56:15 PM

Bitcoins tredline is a growth of about 10x every year. 3 years then would have the price increase 1000x (if it continues on the trendline). Now I personally think that when it gets to high prices the growth will slow, but $10,000 is not that high (a capital injection of even a few billion dollars could spur a new bubble and send us there w/ ease), but after $10,000-20,000 or so I could see growth slowing

$10,000 in the next 3 years? VERY VERY FUCKING LIKELY (statistically, easily over 95%)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:23:33 AM

graphs don't factor the unforeseen events that may or may not occur. and as we all know, balls come out of left field aplenty. there are still too many issues that need to be resolved for me to have a 90%+ confidence in it happening.
rebel24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:17:05 AM

graphs don't factor the unforeseen events that may or may not occur. and as we all know, balls come out of left field aplenty. there are still too many issues that need to be resolved for me to have a 90%+ confidence in it happening.

yes that is the same inherent risk in any investment (even the most seemingly secure ones)
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:47:16 AM

If you believe that there is a 20% chance or more of Bitcoin being worth $10,000 within three years time, then I recommend that you sell everything you own, including your house, and put all of the money into Bitcoin, right now.
The current price is about $500, so $10,000 represents a 20 fold increase. If you think you have a one in five (20%) chance of achieving that (and let's say the only other outcome is Bitcoin = zero), then your expected profit is at least five-fold, over three years. That is an annualised (probability weighted) performance of 82%.

Losing all of your assets would be bad, but you can always rebuild. But missing out on an annualised, prob weighted performance of over 82% is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity.
This is not time to think about 'what you can afford to lose'. You can afford to lose everything, you can always beg on the street. But you cannot afford to miss this.

Personally, I do not believe that the chance is 20%. I think the chance is only about 0.1%. Bitcoin of $10,000 creates too much incentive for someone to come up with an alternative, superior, cryptocurrency that is better able to assist international transactions.

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:02:24 AM

If you believe that there is a 20% chance or more of Bitcoin being worth $10,000 within three years time, then I recommend that you sell everything you own, including your house, and put all of the money into Bitcoin, right now.
The current price is about $500, so $10,000 represents a 20 fold increase. If you think you have a one in five (20%) chance of achieving that (and let's say the only other outcome is Bitcoin = zero), then your expected profit is at least five-fold, over three years. That is an annualised (probability weighted) performance of 82%.

Losing all of your assets would be bad, but you can always rebuild. But missing out on an annualised, prob weighted performance of over 82% is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity.
This is not time to think about 'what you can afford to lose'. You can afford to lose everything, you can always beg on the street. But you cannot afford to miss this.

Personally, I do not believe that the chance is 20%. I think the chance is only about 0.1%. Bitcoin of $10,000 creates too much incentive for someone to come up with an alternative, superior, cryptocurrency that is better able to assist international transactions.

I believe even at 500, people are trying to come up with new cryptos (facebucks, ethereum maidsafe etc). Bitcoin is 6 billion (market cap).  The strongest network (computational power) and has a somewhat developed infrastructure. 
For a new crypto to overtake, it needs to take a few years to develop (or perhaps its in the making like if its dogecoin or something (LOL @dogecoin overtaking btc  Grin)

A new crypto may come, but I think it would take time and resouces to overtake (unless immediate flaw in btc protocol or a team of superior devs only go into another alt)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

I believe even at 500, people are trying to come up with new cryptos (facebucks, ethereum maidsafe etc). Bitcoin is 6 billion (market cap).  The strongest network (computational power) and has a somewhat developed infrastructure. 
For a new crypto to overtake, it needs to take a few years to develop (or perhaps its in the making like if its dogecoin or something (LOL @dogecoin overtaking btc  Grin)

A new crypto may come, but I think it would take time and resouces to overtake (unless immediate flaw in btc protocol or a team of superior devs only go into another alt)

Yes there certainly is incentive. There's also incentive to realize energy efficient cold fusion, a Dyson sphere  and perpetuum mobile devices but none of these have been realized. You know why? Because it's very difficult (the first 2) or outright impossible (the latter). Economical incentive is not all that stands between something being realized or not.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:43:24 PM

I have a perpetual motion device but it is not for sale. The output is also very small, otherwise I'd use it to power my bitcoin miners.

zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:22:47 PM

Bitcoins tredline is a growth of about 10x every year. 3 years then would have the price increase 1000x (if it continues on the trendline). Now I personally think that when it gets to high prices the growth will slow, but $10,000 is not that high (a capital injection of even a few billion dollars could spur a new bubble and send us there w/ ease), but after $10,000-20,000 or so I could see growth slowing

$10,000 in the next 3 years? VERY VERY FUCKING LIKELY (statistically, easily over 95%)

+1
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:23:47 PM

Nxt is building and developing like hell right now. We don't see this much development in Bitcoin right now. Today Nxt is at v1.0.0. Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587007.0
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:27:10 PM

Put all of my wealth into a 20% chance.. AMAZING advice just amazing.....................

All of my no.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:57:28 PM

Since the price is currently $440 this represents a 22.72 x return over 3 years or approx. 283% per annum.
This tells me the market thinks there is a very very small chance of this event occurring - if it was probable the price would be a lot higher already.
NationOwnedCCNow

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

Since the price is currently $440 this represents a 22.72 x return over 3 years or approx. 283% per annum.
This tells me the market thinks there is a very very small chance of this event occurring - if it was probable the price would be a lot higher already.

I think not.

Next rise is just around the corner, and it will hit 5k or more.
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

Just passing the time while waiting on some bitcoin movement  Grin In percentage terms, what do you think the probability is of BTC hitting $10K in the next 3 years?

All btc need is fiat investments (usd, eur, cny)

To be interested in fiat investments btc has to be stable, and secure and accepted by merchants ... nothing more nothing less, when those 3 basic criterias will be met, btc may go up

And if btc will be supported by governments, then price will go up more Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:45:11 PM

And this is the problem with most people in Bitcoin. They don't see it from what it was designed to do - become the primary payment system used around the world. Instead we compare it to fiat as a measure of its value and become hyped up about it as the price increases. Basically it means systemically people are focused on making a quick buck rather than actually seeing this as a means of moving forward.

I think that this is one of the things that hurts bitcoin the most. untill people stop using bitcoin as an investment and more as a currency. i diont think we will see 10,000 eiter. to be honest im suprised we seen 1000 too but everyday it is becomming more used.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: