Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin suggestion: ChessCoin  (Read 1816 times)
caston (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 10:52:30 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2012, 11:09:56 AM by caston

I was taking a tour of a very large server room feeling a bit insignificant in comparison so felt I needed an idea that could turn into an epic project. I would like to merge Crypto-currency hashing with competitive and exponentially growing AI.

I know that we have computers that play chess and can beat the worlds most advanced human chess players for example deep blue vs kasparov but I would like the explore taking this to the next level in a peer 2 peer project.

The network would be secured with hashing in a similar way to how existing coins operate but the rewards mechanism would be tied to massively multiplayer games of chess. The chess board would start off small but would grow as more players entered. To start a game you would need to spend a coin (either a bitcoin or a coin from this alt chain) this would help discourage players taking up to many sides. You would also need to find a way to discourage alliances.

It could be that once one side engages another side they are locked into battle with each other until one side is defeated or it could be constant all against all war. This is just getting some ideas.

Overall the idea of the network is to encourage competition to increase the AI rather than just the hashing power.

Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, ideas etc?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:59:43 PM

lolwut Huh

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 01:04:55 AM

lolwut Huh
Cheesy

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 02:31:15 AM

You need proof-of-work that is difficult to compute, but easy to verify. Do you have that?
xzion

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:13:50 AM

i'd prefer AgeOfEmpiresCoin.

Tips: 1xzionJBueq1AkPSmexA7suWkztAkNwSs
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:23:45 AM

It'd be more interesting if 1 coin was equal to x amount of human work. Do 1 hour of an activity, get a coin that is redeemable for the same amount of time in the future. Would be very hard to check though -- people make mistakes and such.
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 09:32:45 AM

OK I don't know exactly how it would work but the idea is to encourage competition to make more and more powerful chess playing AI.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 09:47:07 AM

Ok, but no.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 09:59:39 AM

1.  Wait for multisig transactions.
2.  Each player throws down a bitcoin to a m-of-n escrow address.  The private keys for this address are distributed throughout the network.
3.  Each move is added to the block, similar to bitcoin transactions, signed by the private key that sent the bitcoin deposit.  Validation occurs according to the rules of chess.
4.  Once the game is decided, the distributed private keys are used to release the bitcoins to the winner.
5.  Base it on libbitcoin instead of bitcoind and provide language bindings.
6.  Chess wars!  Play AI vs. AI, Human vs. AI, or Human vs. Human.

Throw out block rewards, there is no need for a coin concept here, but the blockchain concept is gold, especially if you could take a small cut of the pot from each game to pay bitcoin transaction fees, and ideally pay for a merged mining hash on the bitcoin chain.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:53:03 PM

i like ops idea:)

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:02:19 PM

2.  Each player throws down a bitcoin to a m-of-n escrow address.  The private keys for this address are distributed throughout the network.
3.  Each move is added to the block, similar to bitcoin transactions, signed by the private key that sent the bitcoin deposit.  Validation occurs according to the rules of chess.
4.  Once the game is decided, the distributed private keys are used to release the bitcoins to the winner.

Throw out block rewards, there is no need for a coin concept here, but the blockchain concept is gold, especially if you could take a small cut of the pot from each game to pay bitcoin transaction fees, and ideally pay for a merged mining hash on the bitcoin chain.

This is a good idea. I thought someone would suggest using bitcoins instead of starting yet another coin.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:24:36 PM

This is a good idea. I thought someone would suggest using bitcoins instead of starting yet another coin.

I really like this idea but chess would be mastered in no time.. what if we did this with Go. A game that computers right now cant even touch humans... ?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
omar

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 06:29:25 AM

Instead of Chess I would suggest Arimaa. A game that offers a challenge for AI. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaa or http://arimaa.com/

Although I hope this is all just a joke. I don't see how you would use game playing to secure the network.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 10:01:46 AM

Instead of Chess I would suggest Arimaa. A game that offers a challenge for AI. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaa or http://arimaa.com/

Although I hope this is all just a joke. I don't see how you would use game playing to secure the network.

Game playing doesn't secure the network... The network just serves as a move validator and scoreboard.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:53:02 AM

anyone want to work on this? its beyond anything i can do sadly.

Trolling
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: