Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: America Should Open its Borders?  (Read 1069 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

The Fourteenth Amendment was the answer to the Democrat slave owners from owning the children of "their property" and the children of the children of their property, in perpetuum... So it was not a stupid Amendment, even though it is being abused now by some heavy pregnant women doing some dangerous stuff just like the one in the video I linked.

Well.. if it was so, then the Fourteenth Amendment should have been repealed once slavery was abolished by Abraham Lincoln. Or the latest, after he defeated the Confederate States in the American Civil War.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:01:27 PM

Federal government can do what it wants, but I admire sanctuary cities. I don't admire organizations looking to set up those seeking to come for welfare, but for those looking to work so much that they illegally hop the border at risk to their person and have to work under the table, I have nothing but respect for. Anyone looking to break a law with noble intent, I consider a hero, and it's a great world where we come together to help them "launder money" to their families.
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

Federal government can do what it wants, but I admire sanctuary cities. I don't admire organizations looking to set up those seeking to come for welfare, but for those looking to work so much that they illegally hop the border at risk to their person and have to work under the table, I have nothing but respect for. Anyone looking to break a law with noble intent, I consider a hero, and it's a great world where we come together to help them "launder money" to their families.
They always said the true americans are the ones who taken the ships acrooss the seas, got sick from doing it and came from across the ocean, those were the true americans, of course 1st is the native americans.

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:40:51 PM

yeah that's just propaganda bullshit. if i were a new immigrant, the last thing i would want to do is fuck with the law. if that statistic were true, it's probably because immigrants have so much stacked against them that they get desperate.

Stats prove otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime

Germany: Immigrants in Germany are overrepresented in crime statistics. In Berlin, young male immigrants are three times more likely to commit violent crimes than their German peers. The crime rate of immigrants is at first glimpse about 5 times higher than that for Germans.
Yeah. 2012 statistics from germany:
Sex crimes: 18% non-germans
Violent crimes: 25% non-germans
Theft: 26% non-germans
Drug crimes: 20% non-germans

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

current U.S. law, it is illegal for a foreigner to work for a willing American employer or rent from a willing American landlord without government permission.  For most foreigners, this permission is impossible to obtain.  As a result, hundreds of millions who want to move here are stuck in their birth countries.  Most would-be immigrants are desperately poor, but could easily work their way out of poverty if they were here.  I say we should open them up what ya think?

I think you've lost your mind.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:06:05 AM

Yeah. 2012 statistics from germany:
Sex crimes: 18% non-germans
Violent crimes: 25% non-germans
Theft: 26% non-germans
Drug crimes: 20% non-germans

Still much better than the Nordic states. In Norway and Sweden, more than 90% of the violent crimes are perpetrated by the non-Swedes. The German migration rules are a little more tougher than those in Norway and Sweden.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:04:00 PM

Feds reject California IDs for illegal immigrants

http://rt.com/usa/157708-feds-reject-license-california-immigrants

As California prepares to hand out drivers’ licenses to illegal immigrants with permission to stay in the United States, the state suffered a setback recently when the federal government rejected its latest design. The debate revolves around making the licenses unique enough to be distinguished from regular drivers’ licenses while, at the same time, ensuring they're not so different that cardholders would suffer from discrimination for using one.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

all borders should be removed regardless which country

The spirit of Bitcoin  Wink

I agree to a degree - citizen of the world etc.

But - the EU has a free flow of labour/open borders - and the real benefactor is big business.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

But - the EU has a free flow of labour/open borders - and the real benefactor is big business.

And yet the "Spirit of Bitcoin" can only exist thanks to the highly secured walls of its blockchain... No open borders for the ghost in the machine...

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:25:31 AM

And yet the "Spirit of Bitcoin" can only exist thanks to the highly secured walls of its blockchain... No open borders for the ghost in the machine...
Sure, and that's why Silk Road was such a superior alternative to the shady existence of the drug market as-is, both for law enforcement and those directly involved in drug production, distribution, and consumption: you don't have to meet a bunch of weirdos on the street or in their apartment who're wondering whether or not you're about to arrest or shoot them. It's a superior way to interact, whether being "hidden" is stigmatized or not.

Forget the walls and laws, and buy lots of land and a long driveway.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:41:47 AM

Sure, and that's why Silk Road was such a superior alternative to the shady existence of the drug market as-is, both for law enforcement and those directly involved in drug production, distribution, and consumption: you don't have to meet a bunch of weirdos on the street or in their apartment who're wondering whether or not you're about to arrest or shoot them. It's a superior way to interact, whether being "hidden" is stigmatized or not.

Forget the walls and laws, and buy lots of land and a long driveway.

Everyone wants their own utopia. The problem is: everyone's utopia would be a nightmare to each other. The fabric of the universe itself does not have any "open borders". Animals create artificial doors and barriers to protect their young ones.

Once every single human will have access to free and lifetime personal and portable energy then the concept of borders, countries, need for work, need to travel to better and greener garden will cease to exist. Until then humans will need to migrate to places with more stable political societies, places with more natural resources, open markets, etc.

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

No-borders advocates are often hardcore libertarians or ancaps who are always talking about how great private property is and how all property ultimately derives from the "homestead principle".  Don't they see the contradiction?  Murray Rothbard did.  Yes, that Murray Rothbard, the hero of ancaps and libertarians everywhere.

Think about it for a moment.  You see that public library?  Right now the government has control of it but, according to ancap theory, the people own it, because governments can't legitimately own anything.  My ancestors built that library and my family has been using it for generations.  When immigrants move in and take over the library they are trampling on my property rights.  They dilute my ownership of the library, and they restrict my ability to enjoy it, effectively reducing my right to free association.  The same goes for the roads, the schools, etc...

Many immigrants are fine people but so what?  Grapefruit is a fine breakfast food - for those who like it - but I don't like grapefruit and don't eat it.  Why should I be forced to associate with people, simply because they are fine people?  And that's the good immigrants.  Many are not find people and many of the good ones have children who are not good.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:30:37 AM

Utopians.

Eh.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:12:09 AM

Here, more news from Mexico:

Burdened by Illegal Immigration, Mexico Develops Border Patrol

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/burdened-illegal-immigration-mexico-develops-border-patrol

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: