Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:41:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [0/140 LEFT] ★ ONE OUNCE .999 FINE SILVER - CRYPTOLATOR PHYSICAL BITCOIN ★  (Read 14131 times)
Cryptolator (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:40:07 AM

For those who didn't do it yet, get a chance to win a free Cryptolator - Unchained - 1 Troy Once Fine Silver .999 Coins by sharing this post:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1428281034092214&set=a.1428281077425543.1073741828.1399598893627095&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

(Don't forget to post "Shared" in the comment to be added to the list !)

The winner will be randomly choose tomorrow at 11:59PM Eastern Time (GMT -5)

Good luck ! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:25:15 PM

If you are in the USA and wanna save on shipping price, you can buy on eBay via my official reseller: cflow01

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcryptolator&_nkw=cryptolator&_sacat=0&_from=R40
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:34:52 PM

I made the modification on the website, I think it is now really clear, tell me what you think !

Thanks again ! Smiley
Yep, much better, IMO.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

Do you guys have any comment, questions, concern or anything constructive to say about this project ?

I would like to have your feedback  !  Smiley

I  just shared on FB. hope I'm not too late.

Ok.. .so I do have a questions, when I saw the product I assumed it was going to be a coin that had a viewable address with 1 BTC in it. Then a protected private key under the hologram which would be destroyed on removal.

So, basically, while the hologram is affixed it would have 1 BTC (or I guess more if people send more) but basically you could just look at the address on the blockchain to see the balance. This would allow for trading the coin on the market and the value would be tied to the BTC value. This is what I thought when you said "backed by crypto currency".

I assumed this is how it worked because it has the 1 BITCOIN denominated on it.

Ok... so I guess there are no question yet. Wink

Does the coin come with the Address printed on the outside of it?

Is the private key under the hologram?

Does removing the hologram to get at the private key destroy it in such a way that it can be re-applied?

What is the security of the hologram wrt duplication? For example, if someone offered to sell me the coin, I could see the hologram was affixed and view the address balance and be 100% sure the private key had not been viewed by a scamming seller.

I can tell if it is single-key or multi-key based on the address starting with a 1 or a 3 right?

thanks. Very nice looking coin BTW, I think $80 is reasonable given the current price of silver.

Also, would like to see the Brass coins with LTC perhaps rather than BTC.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:20:29 AM

Do you guys have any comment, questions, concern or anything constructive to say about this project ?

I would like to have your feedback  !  Smiley

I  just shared on FB. hope I'm not too late.

Ok.. .so I do have a questions, when I saw the product I assumed it was going to be a coin that had a viewable address with 1 BTC in it. Then a protected private key under the hologram which would be destroyed on removal.

So, basically, while the hologram is affixed it would have 1 BTC (or I guess more if people send more) but basically you could just look at the address on the blockchain to see the balance. This would allow for trading the coin on the market and the value would be tied to the BTC value. This is what I thought when you said "backed by crypto currency".

I assumed this is how it worked because it has the 1 BITCOIN denominated on it.

Ok... so I guess there are no question yet. Wink

Does the coin come with the Address printed on the outside of it?

Is the private key under the hologram?

Does removing the hologram to get at the private key destroy it in such a way that it can be re-applied?

What is the security of the hologram wrt duplication? For example, if someone offered to sell me the coin, I could see the hologram was affixed and view the address balance and be 100% sure the private key had not been viewed by a scamming seller.

I can tell if it is single-key or multi-key based on the address starting with a 1 or a 3 right?

thanks. Very nice looking coin BTW, I think $80 is reasonable given the current price of silver.

Also, would like to see the Brass coins with LTC perhaps rather than BTC.

You are not too late, still 4 hours to go ! Smiley

I made the choice to sell them empty for a two reasons, firstly, Casascius and Lealana had to shut down their activity due to regulatory problems and I wanted to avoid that. Second, was that I was afraid of chargebacks, it would have been a lot of trouble if someone request a chargeback on a around 500$ coins and I couldn't afford that. So I made a two options, either they come empty or I can fill them as soon as the coin get in hand of the customer (Of course the customer need to provide it's own Bitcoin).

As for the coin themselves there is three options:

First: Multisignature. This way, you have your own password or passphrase on your side (Which you can print using a link we will provide you once the coin is created) and there is one password on our side (Which is inserted under the hologram on the coin). This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed. This solution is the most secure you can get.

Second: Single-key signatures. This way, you have a password, created by us, under the hologram. This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram. This solution also come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed.This solution is also secure, but you have to trust us (We create and print the key round on an offline computer and a dumb printer, also, the hard drive is encrypted and files are securely deleted)

Third: DIY. This way, you receive three silver "Personal" hologram (In case you make a mistake applying it on the coin). You need to create your round key and address rectangle to be inserted under the hologram (You can PM me if you want a little software wrote in Python to create them, or you can create them by yourself). With this option, future buyer will need to trust YOU in order to buy them.

All the hologram are tamperproof so, as soon as they are removed, there is a honeycomb pattern that shows that the hologram has been removed, you can't put it back because you will clearly see the honeycomb. So it is a one use hologram. In the case you redeem your coin and would like to fill it again, you would need to send it back here and we would make a new address and key. They all come with their own address, the first 8 char is visible on the coin itself (Through a window on the hologram) and a certificate come with the coin giving you the complete address. In the case you lose this certificate, no worrie, you can search on cryptolator.com with the 8 char and it will give you the full information of the coin itself.

Multisignature address begin with "3" and Single Key address begin with "1".

The private key is under the hologram. For the Multisignature, you need your own key and the key under the hologram to redeem. For the Single-key, you only need the key under the hologram to redeem. The personal one comes with three hologram, that are different from the "Original" one, you need to create your own key and address and apply the hologram yourself.

There will be a Litecoin version with a completely new design, only if I sell this batch fast and think it would worth it. There would be a silver version and a brass version for this one too.

This project took a lot of my time in the last months and I am adjusting to make peoples as happy as possible and I would certainly like to continue this project as long as possible, making a new design every years with a limited silver version and a less limited and lower denomination brass version ! Smiley

I hope this answer all you questions, if it doesn't, feel free to ask some more ! Tongue

Thanks for your interest !

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:43:46 AM

It's just a shame you put 1 Bitcoin on it. Cause it really isn't. But, I understand where you are coming from, although if you only accepted BTC I how would there be charge backs?

You could actually just sell Silver Eagles and stick your Hologram on them and it would be the same other than the design and rarity, which is nice.

I assume when the web site says you "password" is on the hologram, this is a private key that goes with the address? It isn't a password to your web site that is needed to get the private key? So, if you go away the BTC can still be accessed?

You have to charge tax even when shipping out of Canada? You are in Canada?

Thanks for your answers. I guess there's not more coupons?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:49:09 AM

If you go with option 2, is the private key ONLY on the hologram (you say it is deleted from your machine after generated)? It isn't on the certificate that comes with the coin?

Sort of like a Silver (paper) wallet?
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

It's just a shame you put 1 Bitcoin on it. Cause it really isn't. But, I understand where you are coming from, although if you only accepted BTC I how would there be charge backs?

You could actually just sell Silver Eagles and stick your Hologram on them and it would be the same other than the design and rarity, which is nice.

I assume when the web site says you "password" is on the hologram, this is a private key that goes with the address? It isn't a password to your web site that is needed to get the private key? So, if you go away the BTC can still be accessed?

There were no taxes when shipped to USA. The multi-signature can be done offline and does not need their website to work. You can verify your half of the key and there would be no reason for the manufacture to lie about including the other half under the hologram. It would do them no good to keep half of the key.

I don't know why people would choose the private key. The multi-sig is way more secure and trust is no longer an issue. Either use multi-sig or DIY. The second option is just asking for trouble.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:54:30 AM

There were no taxes when shipped to USA. The multi-signature can be done offline and does not need their website to work. You can verify your half of the key and there would be no reason for the manufacture to lie about including the other half under the hologram. It would do them no good to keep half of the key.

I don't know why people would choose the private key. The multi-sig is way more secure and trust is no longer an issue.

Actually, I was thinking the other way. If the private key is lost would there be some way for Cryptolator to recover it. Of course, that would mean trusting them to keep it secure.

Say a two year old rips the hologram off and it goes away. I have zero way to get the PK right? And the BTC is gone? That's why I asked if the PK was on the certificate as well as the Address.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:57:51 AM

I don't know why people would choose the private key. The multi-sig is way more secure and trust is no longer an issue.

Actually, I was thinking the other way. If the private key is lost would there be some way for Cryptolator to recover it. Of course, that would mean trusting them to keep it secure.

Say a two year old rips the hologram off and it goes away. I have zero way to get the PK right? And the BTC is gone? That's why I asked if the PK was on the certificate as well as the Address.

Yeah, the DIY is probably the only option for having a complete backup of the private key. I doubt Cryptolator would want the added liability of holding people's private keys.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:58:41 AM

The private key is only under the hologram, so if it get lost, the Bitcoin is gone...

It would be too dangerous to keep the private key (If the computer get compromised in some way, stollen or whatever that may happen) Tongue

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:19:23 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 02:05:23 AM by Cryptolator

I don't know why people would choose the private key. The multi-sig is way more secure and trust is no longer an issue. Either use multi-sig or DIY. The second option is just asking for trouble.

The second option has been added because some people preferred it, as it does not require another paper with a second key to redeem. Of course they need to trust me when using this option, but the same was required for Casascius and Lealana. Of course multi-sig is the safest option in a customer point of view, but for some people, this might be an option that fit their needs. I totally understand your point tho !

Cryptolator is a registered company in Quebec, Canada and all my information are linked to this company, it wouldn't be a good idea for me to try to scam anyone ! Tongue

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:34:09 AM

I've put 1 Bitcoin on it because I wanted them to have a fixed value, I do think that those kind of coin need to have a denomination. The coins have four states, Empty (0), Partially Funded (<1), Funded (1) or Over Funded (>1). This can be seen on the website by searching the coin by it's 8 char.

I've choose to accept Paypal and Cryptocurrencies, so Paypal would have been a problem if I was selling the coin AND the Bitcoin. Of course I could have ask every customer to send me 1BTC for every order they made using Paypal to pay the coin, but I thought there might have been trust issues so I've decide to go that way. I totally understand you point tho.

The key is under the hologram and only under the hologram and you don't need my website te redeem the Bitcoin. My website make it just a bit easier.

I am in Canada and taxes are only applicable to Canadian customers.

Since it caused some confusion, I think that all future series will be sold funded. So theoretically the next 0.1 Brass version should be sold funded (If anybody think it's not a good idea, give me your advices). I'll see if I'll have problem and react then... Since I am based in Canada, the regulation are different... we'll see then Tongue

I hope this make everything a little bit clearer, my first language is French so I may have some difficulty to say exactly what I have in head Tongue
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:14:02 AM

The second option has been added because some people preferred it, as it does not require another paper with a second key to redeem. Of course they need to trust me when using this option, but the same was required for Casascius and Lealana. Of course multi-sig is the safest option in a customer point of view, but for some people, this might be an option that fit their needs. I totally understand your point tho !

Cryptolator is a registered company in Quebec, Canada and all my information are linked to this company, it wouldn't be a good idea for me to try to scam anyone ! Tongue

I'm not suggesting that.

Is it possible, with option 1 and or 2 to get the private key printed on paper as well as the hologram? Or does that defeat the purpose?
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:53:17 AM

I'm not suggesting that.

Is it possible, with option 1 and or 2 to get the private key printed on paper as well as the hologram? Or does that defeat the purpose?

That defeat the purpose, indeed Tongue
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:43:48 PM

I'm not suggesting that.

That defeat the purpose, indeed Tongue

The beauty of the first option is Cryptolator can't give you the full private key because they never had it. Only your half with their half can produce the full key. You can always order an extra one for display that is unfunded.  Wink
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

Just as a reminder, we now have an official seller on eBay, if you are a US customer, you will save on shipping by buying from them: cflow01

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcryptolator&_nkw=cryptolator&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Be fast, there is not a lot left !
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:47:55 PM

I'll be releasing the first of the special edition (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) next week.

The first one will be the red and will be a 7 days auctions.

All those coins will come with a special certificate stating "Red Edition" "Green Edition" "Blue Edition" "Yellow Edition" and coloured accordingly.

Those will have either the name of the colour complete instead of a serial number or either simply the first letter, ex. R, G, B, Y, depending on the engraver capacity.

They will all come filled with one Bitcoin and all use Multisignature option.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:35:59 AM

30 minutes left for 3 of my coins from my official eBay seller !
Save on shipping within USA !

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=casascius&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcryptolator&_nkw=cryptolator&_sacat=0
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:34:35 AM

Just as a reminder, we now have an official seller on eBay, if you are a US customer, you will save on shipping by buying from them: cflow01

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcryptolator&_nkw=cryptolator&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Be fast, there is not a lot left !

Does the eBay sale allow us to choose which of the 3 options we want? I jumped on biding on eBay, wanting the DIY option, but now I fear the eBay product is the trust-based model (requires faith in everyone's honesty, plus proper security measures being taken). Can you clear up exactly what option(s) are available at the eBay auctions you linked to?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: