Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop to next level coming...bail the F out now!  (Read 24591 times)
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:41:39 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 01:58:35 AM by DustyRah

Please hold on to your precious and we will see how you feel when it gets into the 300s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

sold earlier to buy lower, and now is 3% lower. Hope we go to sub 400, like the last chinese ban
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:07:21 AM

You can look at this and decide for yourself. Historically this would be a terrible time to bail out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1
deemac87

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:08:35 AM

The lines have crossed and the drop to next level is coming along. I would strongly advice peeps to drop their load right about now while you got a chance.

I am not happy saying the above but that's what its about and a sincere shout out to homies~

Yeah right, nows the time buy. Its gonna take ALOT to totally kill off bitcoin
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:26:00 AM

The lines have crossed
best TA ever

AGreed ...OMG the MACD lines are crossing under thats a 100% sell signal ....lolz

Crypto does not really do TA that well..having said that sure sell now in a bearish market ...lets see where we are @ with teh china crpola

Im all in so really dont care... I am buying all the way down Wink

LTC sub 10 ...yumm yumm Cheesy

Unless you jokers are predicting teh demise of crypto .... ho hum to the chinese ping pong ...BAN=Ping UN-BAN=Pong

Actually I wasn't sharing any of your thoughts against TA.  I just thought it was funny how he vague he was and didn't mention WHICH lines were crossing.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:35:59 AM

I must agree with the OP. As the price continues to drop, I continue to bail the F out... of fiat!

Grin

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:37:34 AM

I must agree with the OP. As the price continues to drop, I continue to bail the F out... of fiat!

Grin

Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Heider

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:12:01 AM

The lines have crossed and the drop to next level is coming along. I would strongly advice peeps to drop their load right about now while you got a chance.

I am not happy saying the above but that's what its about and a sincere shout out to homies~

DustyRah; not sure which lines you were looking at, but your'e damn right!, looking at the price, it's down almost $100 from 3 days ago.

The price at this second is $426 not sure what the heck is wrong with it, but it seems to keep going down so far, I hope it comes back to live again...

Regards
Heider
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:21:05 AM

I am a long term bear, but I must say that I feel a big drop coming.

This recent rally was a laugh, and I knew it would not be long before it would test the $300's lows.

Everything is ripe for a big drop. The rally failed and the big reason is volume has dried up as the price continues to fall.

People still do not realize that bitcoin has rose too fast and should not be priced at these levels especially without the Chinese not being able to use it to launder money.

My feeling is that we will be in the $200's shortly.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
ionide

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:23:34 AM

"pls everyone panic sell me BTC for pennies on the dollar pls" -DustyRah
Einewton

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:43:48 AM

You can look at this and decide for yourself. Historically this would be a terrible time to bail out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1

Dude, Awesome graph MNDan.. Finally some brains around here.. All though, I don't think it's going to get any better soon.. Right now we are seeing a 30 -> $2 type trend.. Wouldn't be a bad idea to improve your coin count right about now.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
TERA

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:07:16 AM

Grin
So, your strategy is to continually buy into a losing position, compounding the rate of loss each time? Yes, good pic of what you are doing with your money indeed.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:48:35 AM

Grin
So, your strategy is to continually buy into a losing position, compounding the rate of loss each time? Yes, good pic of what you are doing with your money indeed.
The ones who are buying and holding now will be trillionaires shortly
TERA

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:00:36 AM

So you have some opinion of bitcoin reaching some ridiculously high price in the future based on some lofty speculations. Great for you. That STILL doesn't mean you have to gamble with your money in the present trend. If you simply wait until the 1W MACD crosses up and buy then, you will most likely perform much better than you are doing with your attempts to try to 'average down' or guesstimate the bottom. Right now 1W EMAs are at 500/535 and declining, meaning it wont get above those levels without a 1W MACD cross. There's a small chance that 1W MACD will perform just a little bit more poorly than your strategy but in in that case it would be a negligible amount and you wont be left behind by any means. As an added bonus, you will be removing yourself from the risk of total loss if there is some catastrophic event with bitcoin in the meantime, and you be able to keep your capital to make profit on other trades before the signal is given.
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

They would already have been billionaires if they were so smart to begin with. lol!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:16:38 PM

Why not quadrillionaires? No need to be excessively bearish Tongue

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:15:10 PM

The fad phase of the past three years is over and bitcoin's price should unwind to nearly $0.

1. Intrinsic value is worth next to nothing, possibly not even pennies.  Buffett's right - Bitcoin is no more than a decentralized money order with the added drawback of long-term capital gains tax on any price fluctuation.
2. Price is supported 99.9% by speculation, 0.01% by intrinsic value.  People using bitcoin for its intended purpose are in the minority.
3. Most speculators are still long coins and haven't capitulated yet.  There's MASSIVE bearish downside potential from all of the longs who haven't seen a really big bear market yet.
4. Price catalysts are exhausted.  Virtually all potential early adopters with capital have put their money in already.  There's not a constant flow of fresh capital to sustain a bubble doubling every 6 months, so some sort of unwinding down to intrinsic value ($0.01 per coin) is more likely to occur than not.
5. Downtrend has sustained momentum for 5 months.  The current bear market has beaten all previous price collapses, which rallied after 3 months and showed decreased momentum after 1-2 months and a sudden, sharp rally at the 3rd month.  In more general terms, "this time IS different."  In percentage terms, the current collapse is accelerating.
6. Media attention rallied the price after all of the other bear markets due to drawing in more early adopters, but this time it's generally causing longs to lose interest and sell since the early-adopter well has dried up and the mainstream definitely isn't going to use bitcoin.

Disclosure: I don't own bitcoin!  Just saying it like it is!!
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:27:11 PM

The fad phase of the past three years is over and bitcoin's price should unwind to nearly $0.

1. Intrinsic value is worth next to nothing, possibly not even pennies.  Buffett's right - Bitcoin is no more than a decentralized money order with the added drawback of long-term capital gains tax on any price fluctuation.
2. Price is supported 99.9% by speculation, 0.01% by intrinsic value.  People using bitcoin for its intended purpose are in the minority.
3. Most speculators are still long coins and haven't capitulated yet.  There's MASSIVE bearish downside potential from all of the longs who haven't seen a really big bear market yet.
4. Price catalysts are exhausted.  Virtually all potential early adopters with capital have put their money in already.  There's not a constant flow of fresh capital to sustain a bubble doubling every 6 months, so some sort of unwinding down to intrinsic value ($0.01 per coin) is more likely to occur than not.
5. Downtrend has sustained momentum for 5 months.  The current bear market has beaten all previous price collapses, which rallied after 3 months and showed decreased momentum after 1-2 months and a sudden, sharp rally at the 3rd month.  In more general terms, "this time IS different."  In percentage terms, the current collapse is accelerating.
6. Media attention rallied the price after all of the other bear markets due to drawing in more early adopters, but this time it's generally causing longs to lose interest and sell since the early-adopter well has dried up and the mainstream definitely isn't going to use bitcoin.

Disclosure: I don't own bitcoin!  Just saying it like it is!!

Why are you toe raggs even here Huh

Seriously ChatRoulette is the place for you guys... Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

Grin

Way to just throw your money away.

Did you know that it takes a 200% profit to break even on a 50% loss?
Something to think about! Wink
It grows exponentially too
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Until something outstanding happens, I think the op is right. This 450 looks like another drop before the next drop to sub 400. We went all the way down from 800 to 750 to 690 to 666 to 580 to 520 to 490 and so on... Slowly and painfully.

I hope I wrong but I don't see any light in the dark at the moment :/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: