Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now Available! Casascius 5BTC Bitnickels  (Read 3353 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 06:11:44 AM

Now Available at Casascius.com: the 5BTC Bitnickel.  A low-cost way to coin your bits!

What is it? A 5-bitcoin version of the Casascius 1-Bitcoin coin.

• Costs exactly the same as the 1BTC coin, other than difference in face value.  Percentage wise, the premium is only one-fifth the cost.
  • Nickel plated brass.  Same color as a US nickel (silvery).  The hologram sticker is gold.  They go well together.
  • Same diameter, but it's a bit thicker and heavier.  A stack of seven 5BTC coins is the same height as eight 1BTC coins.
  • Future version of the coin will have a matching silver series-2 sticker, but they're at least a month out.

Order at Casascius.com.  Will be on MemoryDealers soon.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 11:01:40 AM

Niiiice Smiley

Need to add a couple of these beauties to my next order.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 09:22:10 PM

This was definitely a pleasant surprise after watching the analyzer update last night Smiley

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 12:17:36 AM

Neat, did you ever read that pm I sent you about 1.2 btc "bars" that you could divide into .1 segments?

hi
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 04:35:07 PM

Casascius introduces a new denomination. It's called the Bieber (maybe Bieb, for short), worth exactly 18 BTC. A limited release of only 100 coins will be made available on March 1, 2012, in celebration of Justin Bieber's 18th birthday. Afterwards, if demand warrants, a new batch will be produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Bieber

Justin Drew Bieber ( /ˈbiːbər/ bee-bər, born March 1, 1994) is a Canadian pop/R&B singer, songwriter and actor.

Tongue-in-cheek? Perhaps! But consider this:

The Adult Cult of Bieber: http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/?p=2310

The adult market is huge, and let's not forget that adults purchase gifts for the children in their lives.

On sale now: An XBox360 for only 10 Biebers (Biebs).

I'm sure you'll sell out those first 100 before March 1, 2012. Creative marketing would dictate how well you do after that date.

Think about it!

~Bruno~

"So you're the kid that cornered the market on Biebs!"

EDIT: Justin Bieber's favorite color is PURPLE. Design the Bieb with some purple in it, and you're golden.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:56:18 PM

Good stuff! The innovations just keep coming. Cheesy

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 02:24:43 AM

Casascius introduces a new denomination. It's called the Bieber (maybe Bieb, for short), worth exactly 18 BTC. A limited release of only 100 coins will be made available on March 1, 2012, in celebration of Justin Bieber's 18th birthday. Afterwards, if demand warrants, a new batch will be produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Bieber

Justin Drew Bieber ( /ˈbiːbər/ bee-bər, born March 1, 1994) is a Canadian pop/R&B singer, songwriter and actor.

Tongue-in-cheek? Perhaps! But consider this:

The Adult Cult of Bieber: http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/?p=2310

The adult market is huge, and let's not forget that adults purchase gifts for the children in their lives.

On sale now: An XBox360 for only 10 Biebers (Biebs).

I'm sure you'll sell out those first 100 before March 1, 2012. Creative marketing would dictate how well you do after that date.

Think about it!

~Bruno~

"So you're the kid that cornered the market on Biebs!"

EDIT: Justin Bieber's favorite color is PURPLE. Design the Bieb with some purple in it, and you're golden.

Ask not what can Bitcoin do for Justin Bieber, but what can The Bieb do for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin Market Cap: $47,619,796 USD
Justin Bieber's Net Worth: $85,000,000 USD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: