Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

Not anymore Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:04:21 AM

I said it previously, and I didn't change my opinion, checksums must be fully specified on protocol level. Otherwise one client will implement them one way, another client will implement them another way, it will lead to same addresses looking differently in different clients.

I have converted the JS source to Java.

But I got one problem: why would a node need this verification in  the first place? A node receives a transaction hashed and signed. So, anything changed in between would cause the transaction to be dropped.

Could you elaborate more, why we need this on server side?
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:11:03 AM

It seems coinmarketcap has reverted to the complete listing of cryptos by default  Grin

With Nxt having the highest 24 hour gain out of the top 26 listed at the time of writing Cool

Their twitter is calling it a glitch!  Cheesy
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:28:54 AM

Now that everyone is in a swarming mood...  Grin

SUPPORT NXT'S THUNDERCLAP CAMPAIGNS!

1) The future is Nxt: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10960-the-future-is-nxt

2) Nxt Mining Pool - Hashrate: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/11062-nxt-mining-pool-hashrate

3) Nxt Asset Exchange starts now: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/11085-nxt-asset-exchange-starts-now

What is this? You simply support each campaign with your Twitter or Facebook account.

Why? - Everyone will share the same message at the same time (if you authorize the app, a single message will be sent from your account at the deadline)

Why? - campaign will have a bigger effect

Thunderclap is a cheap solution to spread our campaigns, inform about our projects, releases or even ideas. It is easy to use it and also it is easy to share it with your friends!

How can we create new campaigns? We need to know:

a) What - a message/tweet (140 characters)
b) When - a time when it will be released

Our current Thunderclap campaigns, please support all of them and share them with your friends/followers:

Source: Salsacz's thread >>> https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/support-nxt-thunderclap-campaigns-we-need-100-twitter-accounts/
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:02:42 PM

It seems coinmarketcap has reverted to the complete listing of cryptos by default  Grin

With Nxt having the highest 24 hour gain out of the top 26 listed at the time of writing Cool

Their twitter is calling it a glitch!  Cheesy

I told you all they will do so  Wink there was to many angry people on their thread. Glitch my a**!!  Cheesy

Weird glitch that affected just POS coins!  Grin
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:05:03 PM

There are some guys buying 8 btc worth of NXT at a time between 4000-5000 sat

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:18:29 PM

NXT is really undervalued right now!

NXT is in a downtrend since a while.

I bought some because I trusted the system and the hard work.
But the stakeholders system is broken, they keep the prices down and cutting on every recovery attempt.
Soon they will able to dump for USD, nice.

I won't get in this coin until stakeholders are unloaded.

Well I look at it this way. Yes, stakeholders are unloading. They have every right to do so. They invested and believed when nobody of us wanted or knew about NXT.

Now, as long as there is hard work and development we are alright. I mean they can unload just as much, there is an end to everything, and end will also come to the unloading because eventually they will unload everything that there is to be unloaded.
Yes, this will take long time. I think this might even take next 2 years but let it be. As long as the price is low, more people can get in easier and more people holding NXT is the real strength. The second distribution is happening as we speak.

We shouldn't be concentrating on price at the moment, even though this is really hard, I admit. Concentrate on all the hard work, releases and promises of certain features that are coming out as promised. New client, AE, fractional NXT, all refactoring, balance leasing, and I won't even mention big guns - TF, parallel chains, etc that are promised. When you concentrate on this, you will also think differently about NXT.

Bitcoin took 5 years to get to a $1000, if takes us 5 years to get to $5 mark so be it (considering there are 80 times more BTC than NXT, 80 x $5 = $400ish, which is a current price of BTC).

I hope you understand what I am saying. This is not a get rich quick scheme, which 99% of other coins are and even BTC is becoming. This is an honest try to change something and to introduce something new. Now, are we perfect? Of course not, but who the heck is in this world.
aKIA

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:21:14 PM

This thread is already going big.
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:29:48 PM

But the stakeholders system is broken, they keep the prices down and cutting on every recovery attempt.

Well I look at it this way. Yes, stakeholders are unloading. They have every right to do so. They invested and believed when nobody of us wanted or knew about NXT.

Now, as long as there is hard work and development we are alright. I mean they can unload just as much, there is an end to everything, and end will also come to the unloading because eventually they will unload everything that there is to be unloaded.
Yes, this will take long time. I think this might even take next 2 years but let it be. As long as the price is low, more people can get in easier and more people holding NXT is the real strength. The second distribution is happening as we speak.

We shouldn't be concentrating on price at the moment, even though this is really hard, I admit. Concentrate on all the hard work, releases and promises of certain features that are coming out as promised. New client, AE, fractional NXT, all refactoring, balance leasing, and I won't even mention big guns - TF, parallel chains, etc that are promised. When you concentrate on this, you will also think differently about NXT.

Bitcoin took 5 years to get to a $1000, if takes us 5 years to get to $5 mark so be it (considering there are 80 times more BTC than NXT, 80 x $5 = $400ish, which is a current price of BTC).

I hope you understand what I am saying. This is not a get rich quick scheme, which 99% of other coins are and even BTC is becoming. This is an honest try to change something and to introduce something new. Now, are we perfect? Of course not, but who the heck is in this world.

Well said.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

Well I look at it this way. Yes, stakeholders are unloading.

Is there any actual info (charts, stats, whatever...) that can prove that stakeholders have been unloading this last 2months?

As far i can see from here ( http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34 ) the biggest accounts remains untouched.  Angry
wedar001

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:59:49 PM

Nice presentation
SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

The original post looks great!  It is also really great to see another round of features being implemented. Colored coins and a store!  Wow. 

That being said, I didn't see any mention in the coming soon section about James project.  I always thought of a decentralized coin exchange as the be all and end all app of 2.0 crypto.  Did I miss something or is there an update on it?  Next round of upgrades?

NEM
Mateusz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:26:47 PM

Hi,

thanks for your nice words, and for providing a non aggressive reply (this is rare here ^^): I can only be agree with you.

But the fact is if you try to get in to participate and help, you have many chance to be screwed.
I understand the price shouldn't be relevant. My goal isn't to be rich with NXT (well, I would ^^), I did bought some to support the project, but at some point the loss was to high and the perma downtrend afraid me. If my goal isn't to be rich with NXT, the reverse work too, I don't want NXT making me poor :p

I'm still looking a lot into the project, lot of work, lot of involved peoples. But stakeholders are scary, they have too much power on the market for a decentralized currency. They are sellers, and because they own majority of the funds they can stake lot of coins and keep selling them (by the way this also 'eating' the stake of smaller peoples).

The sell pressure is a way to high to attract investors, and new players are afraid to lost to much money. The market distribution, the stake distribution will take a while, but once it's done i'll jump in with no problem.
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

As long as the price is low, more people can get in easier and more people holding NXT is the real strength. The second distribution is happening as we speak.

This is shit,naive or directly stupid.Do you think that people will buy a coin that allways go down?
Really?
go back to reality.

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:07:13 PM

You are right. But don't worry.
Community can decide to disable non-active early stakeholder accounts with Voting System feature.
If they still don't make any contribution to NXT development and promotion, then we can shut down them.
We need to lay down some fund from early stakeholders for NXT promotion: free giveaways, airdrops, hiring talented devs and promoters, payments for services and etc.
I think it is fair. They can't exploit common efforts of community no more. They had enough time to unload their huge stakes.
Just vote!

Monero is your money privacy.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

Community can decide to disable non-active early stakeholder accounts with Voting System feature.
If they still don't make any contribution to NXT development and promotion, then we can shut down them.
We need to lay down some fund from early stakeholders for NXT promotion: free giveaways, airdrops, hiring talented devs and promoters, payments for services and etc.
I think it is fair. They can't exploit common efforts of community no more. They had enough time to unload their huge stakes.
Just vote!

Would be tempting, but it's like opening Pandora's box...
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:16:16 PM

Just vote!

No, you cannot do that. Voting System doesn't work this way. Such a feature will kill Nxt and will not be implemented.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

Where?
mikesbmw

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

Just vote!

No, you cannot do that. Voting System don't work this way. Such a feature will kill Nxt and will not be implemented.
+1

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 02:18:14 PM

Why do I see this thread only now?Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: