Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:40:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:18:18 PM

NXT is really undervalued right now!

NXT is in a downtrend since a while.

I bought some because I trusted the system and the hard work.
But the stakeholders system is broken, they keep the prices down and cutting on every recovery attempt.
Soon they will able to dump for USD, nice.

I won't get in this coin until stakeholders are unloaded.

You are right. But don't worry.
Community can decide to disable non-active early stakeholder accounts with Voting System feature.
If they still don't make any contribution to NXT development and promotion, then we can shut down them.
We need to lay down some fund from early stakeholders for NXT promotion: free giveaways, airdrops, hiring talented devs and promoters, payments for services and etc.
I think it is fair. They can't exploit common efforts of community no more. They had enough time to unload their huge stakes.
Just vote!

I don't think it is even possible but I would vote against this as it would be crypto suicide.

Talking to CIYAM, I think those large accounts that don't move might have another purpose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:30:07 PM

Community can decide to disable non-active early stakeholder accounts with Voting System feature.
If they still don't make any contribution to NXT development and promotion, then we can shut down them.
We need to lay down some fund from early stakeholders for NXT promotion: free giveaways, airdrops, hiring talented devs and promoters, payments for services and etc.
I think it is fair. They can't exploit common efforts of community no more. They had enough time to unload their huge stakes.
Just vote!

No, you cannot do that. Voting System doesn't work this way. Such a feature will kill Nxt and will not be implemented.

But it is possible, if it is programmed. Active early stakeholders, making contribution to develop NXT, are good.
But non-active early stakeholders will kill Nxt faster. This is a trap like as dynamite with timer. People are afraid them and don't want to invest in Nxt.
This situation can go on indefinitive long time. At that time other competitors can push out Nxt from market.

Monero is your money privacy.
evanxxx

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

Just vote!

No, you cannot do that. Voting System doesn't work this way. Such a feature will kill Nxt and will not be implemented.

But it is possible, if it is programmed. Active early stakeholders, making contribution to develop NXT, are good.
But non-active early stakeholders will kill Nxt faster. This is a trap like as dynamite with timer. People are afraid them and don't want to invest in Nxt.
This situation can go on indefinitive long time. At that time other competitors can push out Nxt from market.

Such a feature will kill Nxt even faster. Release this feature on Nxt, BOMB! Nxt is dead.
People would not invest in something that their money can be shutdown by others' voting.
The feature makes the purpose of cryptocurrency totally meaningless.
Cryptocurrency should not be controlled by people. We need no power other than the power of the nunbers.

Edit: non-active early stakeholders cannot kill Nxt
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

Just vote!

Such a feature will kill Nxt even faster. Release this feature on Nxt, BOMB! Nxt is dead.
People would not invest in something that their money can be shutdown by others' voting.
Cryptocurrency should not be controlled by people. We need no power other than the power of the nunbers.

If the stakeholders can kill NXT.

NXT would be dead already. NXT have survived a very hard time the past months.

- Price went down continuely, thanks to Bitcoin.
- NXT had only a hard to install client that almost nobody liked for a long time.
- BCNext who came and left. Very mysterious person. No trust.

All these points count no more. NXT showed his strength by his strong community. They showed that they can manage everything if they want it.
Ludom

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:51:18 PM

No it's not true. The early stakeholder are like other. There is big stakeholder (more than 10 millions) who don't be the early one. And some early one work for the development of NXT. One of them propose a 5 millions bounty !

I think, the repartition is at the moment not so bad. The frontiers between big/early/and what ever stakeholder disappear week after week. I'm not a rich guy but I have at the moment a good stake. It's really possible.

We are all stake holders and every body is different. There is big, medium and little. No problem with that. Some of us want to be rich to buy a car, some other need Nxt to build a company, some other want to store saving ...

Nxt is a "teenage" Crypto-platform. It's could be sometime weird but we grow up to be an "adult" crypto-platform.

Every day, the community grows and new projects are proposed. It's the key of the success of Nxt, better repartition and value come with the time.

I have the time to wait for it.
Ivan166

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Just vote!

It is a pity. Community supports non-active early stakeholders. If they lost for us, let it be.
Look at CommunityCoin, when dev lost 200M, community decides to disable them by hardcoding in the wallet.
Yeah, non-active early stakeholders cannot kill Nxt. But Nxt market will be under the threat of destroy everytime.

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

Just vote!

Nxt is about decentralization and the freedom to do with your money what you want to, with no leadership dictating you how to spend it.

Your idea, even if it seems fair at first, goes against all ideals of cryptocurreny. We would be no better than a corrupt country stealing money from it's citizens.
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:57:36 PM

Just vote!

It is a pity. Community supports non-active early stakeholders. If they lost for us, let it be.
Look at CommunityCoin, when dev lost 200M, community decides to disable them by hardcoding in the wallet.
Yeah, non-active early stakeholders cannot kill Nxt. But Nxt market will be under the threat of destroy everytime.

We do not support them.

We even tried to contact them to take part in the community. To support us.

We are just saying that it won't kill NXT. They are also helping us with bounties.
Ivan166

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:06:26 PM

Damned cryptocurrency ideals, freedom to be unfair or fair  Grin
There is no administration and rules, only anarchy. I agree. Let it be. We will see.
BTW, I have some stake in Nxt. I don't want buy more and will wait for better distribution or very low rates.
OK.

evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 03:23:42 PM by evanxxx

NXT have survived a very hard time the past months.

- Price went down continuely, thanks to Bitcoin.
- NXT had only a hard to install client that almost nobody liked for a long time.
- BCNext who came and left. Very mysterious person. No trust.

All these points count no more. NXT showed his strength by his strong community. They showed that they can manage everything if they want it.

I think the hardest thing is that, for the past months, the devs worked hard to handle the internal logic of the code, which has no user visible changes, while all other features depend on it. This has come to an end. New features are being released.

For the price going down, I think, in addition to large stake holders cashing out, devs and marketing people need to pay bills. The bounty is given out in nxts. If they are not rich enough, they also need to cash out some to pay the bills.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

I said it previously, and I didn't change my opinion, checksums must be fully specified on protocol level. Otherwise one client will implement them one way, another client will implement them another way, it will lead to same addresses looking differently in different clients.

I have converted the JS source to Java.

But I got one problem: why would a node need this verification in  the first place? A node receives a transaction hashed and signed. So, anything changed in between would cause the transaction to be dropped.

Could you elaborate more, why we need this on server side?
fireinwall

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:45:40 PM

NXT made a great success.
What's about NXT-LITE? Is it from NXT official ?
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:06:55 PM

NXT made a great success.
What's about NXT-LITE? Is it from NXT official ?

No, NxtL is a completely separate project, that has its own code.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Afternoon, thought I'd show my face in this thread.
Uniqueorn asked me to do some writing for NXT.org, and the more I find out about NXT the more impressed I am.
It's an outstanding project, and I can't wait to get more involved and see where it goes.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:11:25 PM

I can't wait to get more involved.
good, you can slowly think about scenarios to videos for showing real usage of Nxt features Cheesy
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:11:51 PM

Damned cryptocurrency ideals, freedom to be unfair or fair  Grin
There is no administration and rules, only anarchy. I agree. Let it be. We will see.
BTW, I have some stake in Nxt. I don't want buy more and will wait for better distribution or very low rates.
OK.

I know for a fact that several large stakeholders are waiting for AE and Gateway (decentralized exchange) to trade their Nxt.  It will be interested as you won't see these trades on any public exchange and therefore it won't have any effect on price.  Many large stakeholders believe Nxt will skyrocket and are only holding.  Nxt will have immense value in a couple months, several really big projects are going to be completed simultaneously.  

To talk about deletion/control of any Nxt account is ridiculous.
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

12 days left for Asset Exchange

Grin

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:56:33 PM

I said it previously, and I didn't change my opinion, checksums must be fully specified on protocol level. Otherwise one client will implement them one way, another client will implement them another way, it will lead to same addresses looking differently in different clients.

I have converted the JS source to Java.

But I got one problem: why would a node need this verification in  the first place? A node receives a transaction hashed and signed. So, anything changed in between would cause the transaction to be dropped.

Could you elaborate more, why we need this on server side?

We need in server side so all clients can use it by default.

The real plus to RS is that it eliminates all user errors. The users are unable to type wrong account IDs, so the money is never sent to wrong address.

Edit: Exchanges Will never use the new address format if it's not in server side. They aren't going to implement it themselves.  It needs to be NRS API and it needs to be recommended as default format.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:58:29 PM

....aannnndd back in http://coinmarketcap.com/
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

....aannnndd back in http://coinmarketcap.com/

Woohooo!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: