Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill.....we have a problem.  (Read 3900 times)
Dinkytoyz

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

Lets get back on topic:

Jered (and the rest of the TH staff), WHAT IS GOING ON? Please put out a public statement on tradehillblog.com with the estimated time needed to recommence operation so at least I can stop pressing the F5 button.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:06:40 AM

Lets get back on topic:

Jered (and the rest of the TH staff), WHAT IS GOING ON? Please put out a public statement on tradehillblog.com with the estimated time needed to recommence operation so at least I can stop pressing the F5 button.

We'll put out an official statement tomorrow but we have new accounts and we will begin sending money out.
In regards to wires banks don't really like to see high volume. It's fine if we send 2million in a wire every month but sending 20 wires for 2k is concerning. I'm meeting with them again in the morning to speak more about wires. At the very least we'll have funds going out soon. They're not quick to adopt to change or to clear our checks when we move from one account to another. I'll apologize on their behalf.

Essentially it comes down to the banks being extremely slow moving creatures (I hesitate to use the term creatures, I don't want to imply they have souls) and essentially while we use the traditional financial system we and our users are at their mercy. Personally my least favorite part about operating an exchange is being that meeting point between the two systems or the past and the future if you prefer to call it that.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:19:00 AM

Lets get back on topic:

We'll put out an official statement tomorrow but we have new accounts and we will begin sending money out.
In regards to wires banks don't really like to see high volume. It's fine if we send 2million in a wire every month but sending 20 wires for 2k is concerning. I'm meeting with them again in the morning to speak more about wires. At the very least we'll have funds going out soon. They're not quick to adopt to change or to clear our checks when we move from one account to another. I'll apologize on their behalf.

Essentially it comes down to the banks being extremely slow moving creatures (I hesitate to use the term creatures, I don't want to imply they have souls) and essentially while we use the traditional financial system we and our users are at their mercy. Personally my least favorite part about operating an exchange is being that meeting point between the two systems or the past and the future if you prefer to call it that.

Jered

Glad to hear something, Jered.

You guys are my favorite exchange and you've been killer in terms of customer support with me individually.  I understand you are overworked and running into tons of problems, but please remember that security of our assets correlates to our ability to sleep easily at night.  The no-checks thing was the first time I've been worried, and the lack of a timely response (I've been observing) made me question whether my funds are in the right place.

That being said, I'm glad to hear you have new accounts in place.  Keep up the transparency and security and I can easily see myself using you guys long into the future.  You guys really have the potential to pull in many more users, and it's your history of security and transparency that, in my opinion, could really allow that to happen.  Please don't blow it Smiley

Edit:  Even if the banks are fucking up behind the scenes, you're the guy on stage.  Nobody in an audience wants to see the guy on stage blaming the stage and prop guys, even if the the backdrop is crumbling before our eyes.  It makes for that awkward feeling Smiley
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 05:37:20 AM

Lets get back on topic:

Jered

You guys are my favorite exchange and you've been killer in terms of customer support with me individually.  I understand you are overworked and running into tons of problems, but please remember that security of our assets correlates to our ability to sleep easily at night.  The no-checks thing was the first time I've been worried, and the lack of a timely response (I've been observing) made me question whether my funds are in the right place.

That being said, I'm glad to hear you have new accounts in place.  Keep up the transparency and security and I can easily see myself using you guys long into the future.  You guys really have the potential to pull in many more users, and it's your history of security and transparency that, in my opinion, could really allow that to happen.  Please don't blow it Smiley

Edit:  Even if the banks are fucking up behind the scenes, you're the guy on stage.  Nobody in an audience wants to see the guy on stage blaming the stage and prop guys, even if the the backdrop is crumbling before our eyes.  It makes for that awkward feeling Smiley

Thank you for the kind words and you're exactly right. Ultimately it's on us, I want to use the banks as an explanation not an excuse.

In regards to sleep, believe me the security of your assets affects the quality (quantity) of sleep I get as well.
We're very public about who we are and anyone that happens to be in San Francisco is welcome to grab lunch with me.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:42:12 AM

Lets get back on topic:

Jered

Thank you for the kind words and you're exactly right. Ultimately it's on us, I want to use the banks as an explanation not an excuse.

In regards to sleep, believe me the security of your assets affects the quality (quantity) of sleep I get as well.
We're very public about who we are and anyone that happens to be in San Francisco is welcome to grab lunch with me.

Jered

Couldn'tve said it better myself Smiley
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:41:45 PM

A bit off-topic,but when will Sepa be back Tradehill?

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:24:41 AM

"In regards to sleep, believe me the security of your assets affects the quality (quantity) of sleep I get as well.  We're very public about who we are and anyone that happens to be in San Francisco is welcome to grab lunch with me."

OK Jared- what is your phone number?  I am about to start calling all of the Kennas in your area unless you get your act together.  What you are doing is NOT acceptable.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 01:26:09 PM

Although I am not in any way affiliated with any exchange the guarantee offered by CryptoXChange might be something for others to consider (check the post and reply I got here):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58299.msg705311#msg705311

Cheers,

Ian.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: