Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Pile - 110% return + 5% guranteed if you tweet with (100+ followers)  (Read 9652 times)
poncrypto (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

Bitcoin network is megaslow comparing to Doge which is almost instant... I dislike these longs bitcoin blocks Sad

Confirmation times will definetly need to be improved in the future for bitcoin. I also don't think it is the game that is slowing it down. I noticed similar effect with litecoin which is slower then doge... ofcorse with bitcoin its x10.

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 12:25:04 AM

Is the guy who made .2 BTC  Profit by being the last guy in this thread?

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 12:51:52 AM

Is the guy who made .2 BTC  Profit by being the last guy in this thread?

Found him
https://twitter.com/btcPile/status/463112440767463424

Rehan

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:36:30 AM

Wish the game was shorter than 23.5 hours....the number of plays fall off exponentially after the first hour. Smiley
wil

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:57:37 AM

satisfied with the current 23:30h cycle
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:00:24 AM

satisfied with the current 23:30h cycle

Same Smiley

We tried 30 minute rounds with DOGE... it did not work well Smiley

I think the 23 hours gives players a chance to promote the game and get more players to play in case their deposit is stuck.

wil

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

tonight btcpile, ponzidoge and ltcponzi again... ALL IN Cheesy
thebrit

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Make the Bitcoin, don't let the Bitcoin make you.

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:08:40 PM

I just saw complaints from a guy on IRC about this game and it led me to this thread. He was pretty upset about how the end-of-game mechanics are handled.

Is it true that the CRON used to record transactions doesn't run one final time at the end of the countdown? That would mean the CRON may have already run and the timer is still counting down for some portion of a minute when the entire game is already over and decided....hope that isn't the case.

I am doubting that would really be the case but the IRC complaints got me interested and I figured I'd ask.

SuMguy

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Yup. That was likely me on IRC.
I was commenting how I opened it with a few minutes left and blasted over some funds. I noticed i didnt show up on his page so I checked blockchain. I sent with about 15 seconds left and according to BC
Today 18:59:56

If the cron ran at the end of the game I would figure it would show pending confirmation.

Curious as it sucks to drop .3 and totally get overlooked when it was within the count down.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

I just saw complaints from a guy on IRC about this game and it led me to this thread. He was pretty upset about how the end-of-game mechanics are handled.

Is it true that the CRON used to record transactions doesn't run one final time at the end of the countdown? That would mean the CRON may have already run and the timer is still counting down for some portion of a minute when the entire game is already over and decided....hope that isn't the case.

I am doubting that would really be the case but the IRC complaints got me interested and I figured I'd ask.

The guy with his concerns should bring them here... the mechanics are in the FAQ... its is hard to know how fast bitcoin network will deliver the transaction ... it depends on how many nodes are apart etc.

Tons of warning are there for end of game... it is a highly risky play, some win and some lose.

thebrit

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:16:47 PM

The guy with his concerns should bring them here... the mechanics are in the FAQ... its is hard to know how fast bitcoin network will deliver the transaction ... it depends on how many nodes are apart etc.

Tons of warning are there for end of game... it is a highly risky play, some win and some lose.

Hmm looking at the blockchain it looks like the transaction was recorded with 4 seconds left -- your game really should be running a CRON at the very end, or not show a timer countdown when the game is already over. Why not have it run at the end of the timer?

From a programming perspective, this is very simple to do. Unless this is purposefully done to raise the house's edge?

wil

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:18:14 PM

game should simply take times recoded by blockchain.info, so there is same proof of information for everyone. They have a good api by the way....
thebrit

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:19:30 PM

game should simply take times recoded by blockchain.info, so there is same proof of information for everyone. They have a good api by the way....

Excellent suggestion.

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

Hey, sorry about the loss. But if you sent 15 seconds before the end. And Blockchain was notified (Fee: 0.0001 BTC - Size: 226 bytes) 2014-05-05 22:59:56 and its connected to a lot more nodes then we are... then our server might not heard about the transaction until after end time.

This is why we give plenty of disclaimers in the FAQ... because its really hard to do "REAL TIME" transactions. This bonus was really intended only for the last guy to get a return... for being the biggest BELIEBER... but it turned into a sniping game Smiley

SuMguy

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:21:45 PM

I gambled about $5,000 the other night on this game and i lost some cash in the end, I can live with the loss from that night. Its gambling

Its fun to play but in this case I just feel a bit deceived as I was in before the game was over, BC confirmed it.

Hope the dev lets me know whats up with that. I gambled big because the game was on.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:23:54 PM

Are you a developer?

Is it real time socket api or we have to poll?

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:26:26 PM

I gambled about $5,000 the other night on this game and i lost some cash in the end, I can live with the loss from that night. Its gambling

Its fun to play but in this case I just feel a bit deceived as I was in before the game was over, BC confirmed it.

Hope the dev lets me know whats up with that. I gambled big because the game was on.

Again we do not go by BC..time.. we go by time received by our BITCOIND

As it clearly states in our FAQ its a gamble. The time on BC and BITCOIND will be different.

If you don't like the end game please do not play it as it is intended to compensate the last person.

wil

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:27:52 PM

i am satisfied with the current game's behaviour. But i have to admin: i concentrate on the games beginning, not the end Wink

1 MIN!!!!!!!
SuMguy

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:35:23 PM

As it clearly states in our FAQ its a gamble. The time on BC and BITCOIND will be different.

If you don't like the end game please do not play it as it is intended to compensate the last person.

I didn't take issue with the end game until I realized that the game continues to allow people in when an outcome has already been decided...even when your own website clock is active and coincides with BlockChain.

Hopefully you return the tip of .3
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:41:51 PM

I didn't take issue with the end game until I realized that the game continues to allow people in when an outcome has already been decided...even when your own website clock is active and coincides with BlockChain.

Hopefully you return the tip of .3

Again I am sorry that you lost. A few seconds earlier and you would have made a .3 BTC PROFIT... and then I would ask you to return profit....NOT /endborat!

We have no control over Bitcoin network or transaction times. It is very clearly stated in the FAQ>

I will state this again for the record.
There is no returns/refunds or implied warranty of any kind.

There is a few private messages of people telling me their little brother/ roomate / dog played the game for them and lost.
Returns/Refunds sets a horrible precedent and we are not running this game to become broke.

Is it clear in the FAQ that it is a gamble?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: