Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:47:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Pile - 110% return + 5% guranteed if you tweet with (100+ followers)  (Read 9652 times)
ssrcsolutions

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:17:19 AM

Well then who would play game...the whole point is that you want to get in early so other players will pay off your investment. The 200% at the end is the motivation for people to continue playing into it, ex sniping extra bonus for extra risk.And we all know the API calls those have nothing to do with the fact that you specifically said transaction is confirmed at the time blockchain confirms it. Were all running the same blockchain right? Cause I know they havent implemented sidechains yet. So I fail to see why your blockchain timestamp would differ. Either way we are trying to point out a flaw in your game and we started about this tactfully but your response to the people who are funding your project is quite inappropriate. If you want to keep it going you need to realize that majority of players do not understand such things and are going by the Big Shiny Inaccurate Clock you have posted.
poncrypto (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:23:06 AM

Why is using blockchain.info's API vs bitcoind not an option?

Certainly seems like it would create more transparency for your users and less headache for you....

1. Because out of 40 Rounds we a ran across all games it was fine and now one guy who yells the loudest looses and all of the sudden we have to recode tested code and start to depend on API which may or may not be secure or reliable. What about blockchain downtime last month? What about their latency? What if they choose to turn off API access?

2. Because we can run same tested code with slight modifications for LTC/BTC/DOGE and many other crypto...

3. Are you going to recode and test everything from scratch?

Easiest solution is to turn off the end of game bonus since its more headache then its worth...
Its less risk for us and less drama. But others will not complain that there is no reward for last guy.

Its never ending. I suggest people to play the game from start ... and if they are unlucky to be the last guy... maybe they will get lucky and win double... but don't snipe for it. Or don't play at all.

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:26:33 AM

Hmmmm I noticed your deposits appear to have slowed down tremendously.....cant wait too see what tommorrow brings. I honestly have no intention of playing your game anymore and would have left it at that but your attitude has inspired me to troll and advertise what is really going on. Enjoy the bad press! Thanks for playing BadPRpile.com
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:28:28 AM

Hmmmm I noticed your deposits appear to have slowed down tremendously.....cant wait too see what tommorrow brings. I honestly have no intention of playing your game anymore and would have left it at that but your attitude has inspired me to troll and advertise what is really going on. Enjoy the bad press! Thanks for playing BadPRpile.com

Hey did you also lose BTC?

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:32:36 AM

Nope havent played in 2 days but thanks to your game im up about 1.2 BTC. I would have kept going but I felt a much stronger need to invest in some MYR and BC and have had real life stuff going on. But I have actively watched my buddies rape your game for 3 days straight and losing is all fine and dandy, we know its a gamble. Whats not cool is blatently taking someones BTC because it did not fall under your buggy clock time even though it very clearly hit the blockchain in time.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:35:05 AM

Nope havent played in 2 days but thanks to your game im up about 1.2 BTC. I would have kept going but I felt a much stronger need to invest in some MYR and BC and have had real life stuff going on. But I have actively watched my buddies rape your game for 3 days straight and losing is all fine and dandy, we know its a gamble. Whats not cool is blatently taking someones BTC because it did not fall under your buggy clock time even though it very clearly hit the blockchain in time.

Dude... if you read the link I sent you... that time is the client time not the time we received the transaction.

Best of luck in your Trolling adventures! You are not the first and you are not the last. Please let me know your twitter so I can follow them in real time.

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:40:16 AM

My twitter is @BtcMINTer follow me all you want, my people know im the real deal and will listen to me anyday over a game modeled after a ponzi scheme. Like I said, enjoy the bad PR!
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:43:51 AM

My twitter is @BtcMINTer follow me all you want, my people know im the real deal and will listen to me anyday over a game modeled after a ponzi scheme. Like I said, enjoy the bad PR!

Ok learn this for me real quick... then apologize over twitter.. if you have any integrity.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/20118/chronologically-sorting-transactions-within-a-block

Specifically look at comment by the Bitcoin Dev and a trusted authority in bitcoin
"Transactions do no have a time stamp. You need to see when you first heard about it (which bitcoind only tracks for wallet transactions). –  Pieter Wuille Feb 7 at 20:33"

You guys went full retard without even understanding that the warning in FAQ were there for a reason.

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:47:34 AM

Whatever you say boss lol, btw if you scroll down my twitter to 2 days ago you'll realize the good PR you lost. Would have never went full retard had you treated your best customers with respect rather than the asshole read the FAQ comment, anyone with any sense reads that shit and I even took it a step further by asking you personally. Your clock sucks whether it is a bug or a flaw in the protocol I dont care, like I said Im a miner and trader not a programmer. My issue is the lack of respect on your end for your players and the fact that you are ok with decieving people. You should know goddamn well most your players arent developers/coders and they are going to rely on that clock, it is your job to make sure it works properly and in that regard you have failed sir. Good day!
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:49:34 AM

Whatever you say boss lol, btw if you scroll down my twitter to 2 days ago you'll realize the good PR you lost. Would have never went full retard had you treated your best customers with respect rather than the asshole read the FAQ comment, anyone with any sense reads that shit and I even took it a step further by asking you personally. Your clock sucks whether it is a bug or a flaw in the protocol I dont care, like I said Im a miner and trader not a programmer. My issue is the lack of respect on your end for your players and the fact that you are ok with decieving people. You should know goddamn well most your players arent developers/coders and they are going to rely on that clock, it is your job to make sure it works properly and in that regard you have failed sir. Good day!

Ok...lol ... thats really classy. Bash my game... not understand how it works or care to understand... attack me while making 1.2BTC on the game... and I am the asshole.

Good day to you sir!

thebrit

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Make the Bitcoin, don't let the Bitcoin make you.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:44:34 AM

If you're going to be re-doing the FAQ, you may want to change this rule (emphasis mine):

2. Only send when timer is ticking everything after end time will not be counted and forfeited.

Again, I don't have a horse in this race but I can definitely see where the confusion and issues lie with this game.

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:54:05 AM

If you're going to be re-doing the FAQ, you may want to change this rule (emphasis mine):

2. Only send when timer is ticking everything after end time will not be counted and forfeited.

Again, I don't have a horse in this race but I can definitely see where the confusion and issues lie with this game.

I am going to think about how to improve this. Will report back. Thanks for your suggestions.

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:28:57 AM

So you admit there is a issue? Ah finally! Progress!
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

So you admit there is a issue? Ah finally! Progress!

I am analyzing what can be done. Looking at options to make it more transparent since you guys are so upset.

Especially you... who is most upset while loosing none!

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:46:30 AM

To be honest this is exactly what I did.
This is why people are upset and I am out .3 btc

Not to beat a dead horse but. FROM FAQ specific to last recorded transaction

Last recorded transaction gets 200% back.
Recorded means that it is the last/final transaction in the list with a status of pending or confirmed when the timer runs out.

(Transactions are recorded via CRON ... which runs every 1 minute so it will be hard to know which one gets recorded or in which order so its a game of chance.)

Please do not play it if you are not ready to lose the coins. We don't know which last transaction gets recorded its systematic.

ratty

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:41:02 AM

Not sure if it was pointed out, but the javascript timer on the page uses your own time, not the server's time. So you need to say something like "I ran NTP and synced my clock before loading the page" before troubleshooting this.

Also people have to stop saying "The blockchain" when they are talking about an unconfirmed transaction that is in blockchain.info's memory pool.
Everything goes by when the when the transaction is heard by the server (I'm not involved in this, but I can tell how it works), and it is unreliable to try to predict that. Calling out to a centralized authority to see when THEY receive a transaction has its own problems, such as if they are down, or if they have some problems and don't pass the messages fast enough.
"The blockchain" is a great invention that can be used for consensus, but not for unconfirmed things, and not for reaching consensus on a realtime thing like when a transaction is heard.

I tried sniping the end of round with a tiny amount just to see, and I could never get it. I tried 5, 10 and 15 seconds before it ran out (and my pc's clock was synced) and none of them showed up. It's just too hard of a target to hit so I gave up.

I've been playing this since it was only dogecoin, I've gotten in first place many times so I know it is legit, and he's not putting his own deposits in there for a few automatic wins (I know I'd be tempted if I was running this). I don't know poncrypto other than from his posts here, and I think he just has no patience and gets upset easily, so when people accuse him of things he just blows up. I don't think he's a bad guy, he just doesn't care enough as he should to stay professional and ignore the emotion and just stick to the facts, and take criticism as constructive and use it to make the service better. This thing has the potential of being a popular gambling site.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:57:20 AM

Just thought I would post a quick update about poncrypto ( pon.crypto on skype).
After his PM to me which was strange (will post that later) I offered up my 'skype' to him. We made some small talk, i watched what I said and well it's now 2:40 am eastern, spent 3 hours watching this guy lash out at me and members of this community.

I will be posting full logs with our chat when I feel its time.

But some quick notes:

- 1 he knew about the flaw for at least 1 month, didn't care to fix it and likely won't fix it. (free money for him)
- Wants to sell the site for 10btc.
- Will shut the site down if this thread continues with negative feedback.
- Claims to be a doctor, isn't.

I have 2 very interesting chats with this guy, 1 in group. poncrypto thinks everyone in this thread who sees the flaw is half brained and clearly don't get it.

I would NOT use his current game site EVER, they are a scam as far as im concerned.

Pastebin logs to follow.

Let the people decide.

1. You know this end of round game is causing problems. Maybe we just turn it off. Please let us know.

2. If the game does not get interest like http://ltcponzi.com it will not get new rounds.. but everyone will be paid like they were for last month and a half!

3. I would like to sell it to an honest party that can manage PR/and promotion as well as deal with people like you, the price is undecided at the moment

4. And I do hold a doctorate... just not in Medicine.

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

My replies seem unprofessional and it is my fault!

I am defending the system that has been working for a while and has players coming back to play round after round.

Once in the while someone who took a loss gets pissed and claims it is a scam and I cant help but defend it because it takes alot of work to make this run as smooth as possible.

We are planning to offer more service and more games.

Our email list and twitter reach is getting bigger as well as advertising spots.

I get upset because I have to spend time arguing with people who claim to understand how bitcoin network works based on shallow grasp of the architecture instead of improving the games and designing new ones.

ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:11:03 AM

For the last time, the only thing I claim to know is that your players will follow the clock you post to coincide with the games rules and it is inaccurate. That is all I know.
ssrcsolutions

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:32:08 AM

So after a PM with the poncrypto I have come to the realization that he is not attempting to scam...just not very good at PR. If Bugs are sorted out I will back this game but only if bugs are sorted. I will update with further news.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: