Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?
yes - 43 (51.8%)
no - 40 (48.2%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?  (Read 5319 times)
Ryota (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

The facts: not one coin with IPO/premine has ever succeeded and all the most successful coins have all been without premine.

Do you think the coins created with premine and IPO, and even with innovations, have a future and the potential to achieve massive adoption and overtake Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

The facts: not one coin with IPO/premine has ever succeeded and all the most successful coins have all been without premine.

Do you think the coins created with premine and IPO, and even with innovations, have a future and the potential to achieve massive adoption and overtake Bitcoin?

I wouldn't mix PoW premined coins with PoS IPO coins. They are two different things. For a PoS coin, an IPO is a natural way of initial distribution. Another worthy approach for that is Proof of Burn, see XCP.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

IPO = garbage scam .

This is not a Regulated Stock Market trading scene.

The term IPO has been applied to a new wave of digital Ponzi / pyramid schemes.. AKA: The clone coin.

What much of the guys do around this scene from EXCHANGE staff to Coin cloners pushing IPO's etc would land them jail time in a regulated market.

this is a fact period .

Ask Martha Stewart who did time for insider trading or Berni Madoff who is serving time right now for the world biggest PONZI SCHEME.

ALL the excuses and games and bullshit does not change this reality.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

The relative polarity of the confined, conspicious IPO is rendering coin unstable in this epitolemic season of constant change. It shall and Will not prosper in the vernoic support of naturel values.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:24:23 PM

The time of feeding greedy miners is over.
You can only mine shitcoins, and nobody will buy them anymore.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
a20756079

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

Things have two sides,  SO..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:44:28 PM

Things have two sides,  SO..

and one side is in jail lol

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:42:47 AM

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IPO tards are loose now lol

scammy idiots..

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:07:17 AM

100% IPO coins, no

For premines, a premine of under 1% doesn't really affect much for the long term for a coin like Whitecoin which had a fast mining period anyway.

Pretty sure the dev sold his small premine, then the community took over the coin, so since he has no stake in anything anymore, it doesn't really matter what happened with him since he's gone from the picture with no amount of coins anyway.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:50:32 AM

If your definition of success is that it must overtake bitcoin then you have very high standards. I would certainly judge NXT a success and this had an IPO. XCP as well.
Emman

Activity: 65

IFC

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:10:13 AM

Bitcoins success is not due to his way of distribution. Any way a coin issued is not important, important is after the release of promotion and the team's planning and development
SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:27:30 AM

I think large POW coins with a large premine will have a hard time unless they have something really special to offer.  Pure POS and some other P systems are experimenting with pure IPOs and I think some will have a great advantage.  A pure POS system gets around many of the mining problems with bitcoin.  Those "problems" were actually the benefits that help kickstart bitcoin and the whole crypto scene, but now that the scene is kind of working, they aren't needed as much.  The value of bitcoin isn't really that miners wasted huge amounts of electricity, computer hardware, and processing power doing useless calculations in a race to be first to finish a pointless puzzle.  Who really values pointless endeavors?  (Well.... I think most of the things my little sister does are pointless but that is a different story).  The point is now that bitcoin has shown that yes this bitcoin thing can and does work, it is time to lose the wasterfulness of miners.  POS and IPOs are one way at this, but not the only way.  It is possible they might be the next big thing.  If not for anything a large POS indirect mining pool can destroy cheap pure POW altcoins and use the ravages of war to boost the POS coins.  There isn't anything a POW can do.  Most mining POW are just inherently flawed schemes. 

NEM
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:08:07 AM

Bitcoins success is not due to his way of distribution. Any way a coin issued is not important, important is after the release of promotion and the team's planning and development

are you high on crack ? seriously did you just say that ? WWWWWWWWWWWWooooooooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

hey can i premine a coin and dump 1.2 million worth on some exchange ? that cool ? that is what you just said lol

UN fucking believable !
Crypto is full of the most creative excuse making weazely scammers i could ever fathom would ever exist.. how far will you guys go to JUSTIFY idiocy ?

Ryota (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:34:31 AM

are you high on crack ? seriously did you just say that ? WWWWWWWWWWWWooooooooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

hey can i premine a coin and dump 1.2 million worth on some exchange ? that cool ? that is what you just said lol

UN fucking believable !
Crypto is full of the most creative excuse making weazely scammers i could ever fathom would ever exist.. how far will you guys go to JUSTIFY idiocy ?

Remember that this forum is an international place, there are different people with different cultures who have different standards of living, views and values.

For example, the culture of copy and scams in China are commonplace and very different from what we find in the West or Japan.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:21:25 AM

UN fucking believable !

Remember that this forum is an international place, there are different people with different cultures who have different standards of living, views and values.

For example, the culture of copy and scams in China are commonplace and very different from what we find in the West or Japan.

no.. bs.. excuses like i just said for christs sakes jeez
you guys don't stop.. excuse excuse excuse.. give it a rest already fuck

a stupid comment compounded with a another stupid comment makes 2 stupid comments .

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:07:02 AM

true. Take 2 guys with 1000 USD:

1 guy buys a mining rig and pays for electricity with 1000 USD and mines for one month.

2nd guy invests 1000 USD into IPOs of coins (that are not scams).

- both of them invested 1000 USD
- both of them did same risk in investing in some crypto

It is fair to say - both systems are equal, it is not important, if one guy bought coins with his mining or investing in IPO. They invested same money
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:10:59 AM

true. Take 2 guys with 1000 USD:

1 guy buys a mining rig and pays for electricity with 1000 USD and mines for one month.

2nd guy invests 1000 USD into IPOs of coins (that are not scams).

- both of them invested 1000 USD
- both of them did same risk in investing in some crypto

It is fair to say - both systems are equal, it is not important, if one guy bought coins with his mining or investing in IPO. They invested same money

The difference is just that the mining guy is wasting energy.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Shivalein

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:55:51 PM

of course. why not?
Depends mostly on the technology and distribution.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:13:00 PM

Question:    Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

..be popular/mainstream?

of course not.. you guys really think so or did i just buy too many ipo's lol

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

If we're talking approaching truly mainstream then the coin would have to have been around for a decent while and demonstrated utility, security and stability.

If that was in place then the story of its initial distribution will take a back seat.
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:01:10 PM

Question:    Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

..be popular/mainstream?

of course not.. you guys really think so or did i just buy too many ipo's lol

Not gonna lie, it seems that you are extremely jaded (perhaps from being scammed one too many times?)

That's why I only invest in people who have a reputation, otherwise you take that 99% risk of being scammed.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
xux99

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:31:43 PM

Premined coins can certainly succeed provided they have a dedicated and knowledgeable coding team that can support the coin in the long term. They should offer a fair and transparent distribution and most importantly incorporate significant innovations. A decentralized marketplace, anonymity, very fast transactions and messaging service can really boost its value.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:11:51 AM

IPO = garbage scam .

The term IPO has been applied to a new wave of digital Ponzi / pyramid schemes.. AKA: The clone coin.

What much of the guys do around this scene from EXCHANGE staff to Coin cloners pushing IPO's etc would land them jail time in a regulated market.

this is a fact period .

Ask Martha Stewart who did time for insider trading or Berni Madoff who is serving time right now for the world biggest PONZI SCHEME.

Why are exchange staff so eager to add these crap coins ?

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:58:24 AM

Of course they will, if they offer useful features to users. It doesn't matter for users how the coins came into existance. What matters is how easy it is to buy them with fiat, and what they can do with the coins. Miners are not users, hence miners don't have a final say.
cwb27

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:51:41 AM

Of course they will, if they offer useful features to users. It doesn't matter for users how the coins came into existance. What matters is how easy it is to buy them with fiat, and what they can do with the coins. Miners are not users, hence miners don't have a final say.

it depends on how dev uses the money. devs should also be working full time if we give them money. just my two sents
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:51:24 AM

If your definition of success is that it must overtake bitcoin then you have very high standards. I would certainly judge NXT a success and this had an IPO. XCP as well.

This. Nxt - a coin that didn't even exist half a year ago, is currently in third place according to Coinmarketcap.com, just behind Bitcoin and Litecoin. If that isn't the definition of a successful coin then I don't know what is.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

IPO = garbage scam .

this is a fact period .

All the rage STILL !
Nothing changes.. they keep making more of these and scammer(s) still hang around here 24/7 *trying desperately to avoid their scammy distribution while advertising.

I'd rather invest my life savings with Mark for Gox 2.0 than invest in any Etherium or BitSHares or NXT or NEM or or or or orororoorororoor or o roro or o ror or or r or

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:25:28 PM

+1 to BitShares

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rh1n0

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:29:01 PM

ICO is the only way for a coin to succeed. Making a coin with no premine is nice, but pointless. Mining farms will rape the network and leave the dev with no incentive to deliver.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:48:41 AM

IPO and premine are not the same thing guys..  Roll Eyes

edit:
oh and by the way this guy changed the topic title and added in the word PREMINE too !
it was not there before !

ask a question and change the poll.. bait & switch clever lol

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

wow you guys did some pretty lame voting here too
sad..

like i am fucking speechless ..i just don't know what to say like WTF people ? LOL

(pretty sure last time i looked the results were mostly NO)

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:12:20 PM

so based on the votes the community has gone to shit..

it's all about IPO's currently ?

you realize that is the opposite of decentralized right ?
and that it opens the door now to a wide range of exploitation options for scammers.

your gonna get burned and thank your greed.

and congrats for taking a piss on Bitcoin while your at it..

the only question left is how many guys are going to get caught ?
they don't look at source code they just look at market prices on exchanges
and the devs know this !

collectively i think your all being pretty dumb.. have fun giving your money away to people smarter than you.

a great ponzi / scam works by letting you think your smart and gaming the system for mad profitz and lambo's
as they let you have some money in your hand now until they take it all from you LATER.

smart guys the minority in the ALT scene laugh and cash out and most of you all NEVER learn  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:12:36 AM

ICO is the only way for a coin to succeed. Making a coin with no premine is nice, but pointless. Mining farms will rape the network and leave the dev with no incentive to deliver.

why not explain to the general public what is the difference between an IPO and an ICO ?

isn't it a scam or a scam ?

i would bash my machine in with a sledge hammer before i let you guys get scammy coins on my PC !

and vote guys... don't tell me your 75% scammy IPO supporting pieces of shit around here fuck..

by the way fuck the dev and his "delivering" bullshit.
get a job then make a coin assholes.

CryptoJerk

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:20:16 AM

why not explain to the general public what is the difference between an IPO and an ICO ?

i would bash my machine in with a sledge hammer before i let you guys get scammy coins on my PC !

and vote guys... don't tell me your 75% scammy IPO supporting pieces of shit around here fuck..

another registered loser

hasn't got the brains to realise how the big bucks are being made in crypto, so he bashes the ones who are making fuck tons of money while he sits down all day talking shit online. bravo you peasant you

did facebook IPO yes microsoft yes, ebay yes, yahoo, yes

that is just a part of the game you fuckstick

now man up and put out your own coin or shut the fuck up you nonentity
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

another registered loser

hasn't got the brains to realise how the big bucks are being made in crypto, so he bashes the ones who are making fuck tons of money while he sits down all day talking shit online. bravo you peasant you

did facebook IPO yes microsoft yes, ebay yes, yahoo, yes

that is just a part of the game you fuckstick

now man up and put out your own coin or shut the fuck up you nonentity

ya i can see how the "Big Bucks" are made in Crypto and it's pure scammy Ponzi scheme IPO / ICO scam bullshit !

you are comparing a regulated market vs one that is not.
a ton of scams have gone down.. need examples ?

plenty of IPO/ICO scam coins and gambling sites and exchanges and pools etc have gone down lately !
people deserve to be warned about this !

if you get ripped off there is no one you can turn to unlike in the stock markets..
i am concerned about new users not your profits Noob.

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:46:55 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 01:13:36 PM by CryptoJerk

ya i can see how the "Big Bucks" are made in Crypto and it's pure scammy Ponzi scheme IPO / ICO scam bullshit !

you are comparing a regulated market vs one that is not.
a ton of scams have gone down.. need examples ?

plenty of IPO/ICO scam coins and gambling sites and exchanges and pools etc have gone down lately !
people deserve to be warned about this !

if you get ripped off there is no one you can turn to unlike in the stock markets..
i am concerned about new users not your profits Noob.

oh shut the fuck up you mentally deranged idiot

it isn't a scam IF EVERY FUCKING DEVELOPER IS DOING THE SAME SHIT!

are you stupid or just a little mentally challenged?

"ohh im concerned about new users" what the fuck are you? a man or a freaking mouse

"oohh im concerned, im afraid, oh no please no scam, why please no" get the fuck out of here you little bitch boy you

you are girl

you aren't concerned about anyone but youself. stop pretending to care about people on the internet who you have not and will never meet in your life you stupid woman.

get off your fat fucking ass and put your own coin out or at least stop complaining

this market is unregulated so THERE ARE NO RULES! no one cares about morals or any of that fake shit when there is money to be made

in crypto everyone has a choice! HUNT or be HUNTED

I was born with testicles so the only thing that I know how to do is HUNT and eat the food I kill

not to come online and act like a little bitch "ohh im soo concerned" grow a pair you fag boy

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:55:44 PM

Pull your skirt down honey your meat-flaps are showing  Shocked

admit it you are just mad because i am the turd in the punch bowl..
and it's hard to sit in mom's basement and clone scammy IPO coins to buy Nacho's and Twinky's dreaming about dem Lambo'z
if i am in the way showing the victims your grooming the truth !

if you want to discuss it for real i am game.. the key issue i have is there is no accountability and no recourse for investors
and the IPO or ICO (or what ever bs you wanna call it) i prefer the term Ponzi scheme or Pyramid scheme aka: the classic multi-level marketing scam.
they are far too ripe for abuse in our scene and nothing but an evolution of scammy laziness for greedy cowards who hide and clone.

your not helping make a better altcoin your just after Bitcoin to cash out .
So your behavior is toxic and corrosive and actually hurts Bitcoin itself and make us ALL who support Altcoins look like scammers.
and you can be a proud little IPO scammer but i will not sit here and take that label stamped on me OR BITCOIN itself thanks..

go back to cloning coins son your out of your league.. big kids are talking here !

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

go back to cloning coins son your out of your league.. big kids are talking here !

yes you are a big kid with half a brain who takes to wearing his mothers shoes and make-up around the house when no one is around

call it a scam if you please that isn't going to stop me from putting out another coin and dumping it all over peasants like you

you are a nonentity and a worthless excuse of a man

you should forfeit your internet connection because if you aren't using this resource for self-enrichment then you don't deserve it

"ooh im concerned about new users" go get a tit job
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

yes you are a big kid with half a brain who takes to wearing his mothers shoes and make-up around the house when no one is around

call it a scam if you please that isn't going to stop me from putting out another coin and dumping it all over peasants like you

you are a nonentity and a worthless excuse of a man

you should forfeit your internet connection because if you aren't using this resource for self-enrichment then you don't deserve it

"ooh im concerned about new users" go get a tit job

yes i do and and so what ? Mom's panty hose feels so nice on my skin Smiley

and your gonna do what now ?

oh now ya gone and done it  Angry

That is it buddy.. "Operation Shitcoin Cleanup" is back on !
search the forum for that topic and see what kind of attack you should be scared of because your in big trouble now kid !

i suggest you clean up the pee of the floor now before mom comes home and scolds you for pissing on the floor like scared puppy Wink

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:15:23 PM

yes i do and and so what ? Mom's panty hose feels so nice on my skin Smiley

and your gonna do what now ?

oh now ya gone and done it  Angry

That is it buddy.. "Operation Shitcoin Cleanup" is back on !
search the forum for that topic and see what kind of attack you should be scared of because your in big trouble now kid !

i suggest you clean up the pee of the floor now before mom comes home and scolds you for pissing on the floor like scared puppy Wink

ahh quit it. you are nothing other than a peeping tom with an internet connection

you are a crypto peasant with zero credentials

be gone
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:27:45 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 09:56:56 PM by Spoetnik

@OP

i think you got your answer by votes and by current scene trends.

it seems mining is not cool anymore and mass coin ipo/ico cloning is all the rage Sad

StarFire

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:14:38 PM

Yes much the easy to buy coin than pay money for rented rigs to even get a chance at some coins.  Roll Eyes
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:31:30 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 03:00:02 PM by Spoetnik

@OP
To answer to your question.. not a god damn chance in hell !

FUCK NO.

scams.. all of them !

Digital Pyamid / Ponzi schemes.

edit:
by the way i REALLY get a kick out of all the coin cloners now staunchly proclaiming IPO scams as legit and bashing mining
..then tacking on mining later HAHHAHHAHHA
you guys kill me ROFL

but but but.. it's POD yo !  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:41:17 PM

8 out of 15 coins on the market cap is now some IPO bullshit !

a sad.. sad... state indeed Sad  Cry  Embarrassed

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:51:48 PM

8 out of 15 coins on the market cap is now some IPO bullshit !

a sad.. sad... state indeed Sad  Cry  Embarrassed

It's a paradigm shift Cheesy
JackRipper

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:51:35 PM

It's a paradigm shift Cheesy

No. It's simply the latest fad.

smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

ipo/ico/ito coin is worth nothing

all of them go to zero sooner or later
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 11:28:03 PM

actually some "investors" want to "invest" in "coin" where there is no miner, because miners dumped on them.
So now, they built their own system where they can dump on each other... no miner involved.

people apparently like to buy wind... (at least with miner you buy electricity somehow)

I think a new section should be created, only for them so that they don't have to see any miner anywhere...
(which would be good, because we wouldn't have to see them anymore either...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

If we're talking approaching truly mainstream then the coin would have to have been around for a decent while and demonstrated utility, security and stability.

If that was in place then the story of its initial distribution will take a back seat.

There are few, actually only two that I can think of that has a decent future. A Real future.

What it ultimately requires is a developer who is serious about making it work and knows how to approach it realistically and with professionalism. Someone who can actually navigate the real world infrastructure and legality/economic environment.

Of course he would have a completely open profile and public identity from the beginning. He would also have to have been around crypto for a long time, certainly longer then a few months.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:32:01 PM

I wouldn't mix PoW premined coins with PoS IPO coins. They are two different things. For a PoS coin, an IPO is a natural way of initial distribution. Another worthy approach for that is Proof of Burn, see XCP.

They all do that now and then say it's NOT an IPO coin hahahha
They say ohhh well, it can be mined  Roll Eyes

PrismRevolution

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:02:41 PM

IPO are a good thing i f managed well and by trusted / real devs.
TPTB_need_war

Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:05:39 PM

Re: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

One example? I can't think of any. All the IPO/ICO coins have crashed and burned. Only the proof-of-work distributed coins have sustained, e.g. Monero, Litecoin, Bitcoin.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:35:39 PM

Until a better system of distribution comes along i will stick with POW or even POS maybe.
I don't jump on board with Angel Investing or Crowd funding IPO / ICO etc bullshit
simply because we did not make a better alternative method yet.

IPO shit was born out of the need for dev's to continue flogging THOUSANDS of news shit coins non stop.

It was taking the easy scammy way out.
And users who are only interested in profit from any coin (even if obviously scammy) are fine with it.
just so long as they make money off them.

THIS IS WRONG !

This rapes the spirit of true Altcoin dev's.
I enjoy the technical aspects of crypto but am not the smartest at that stuff Sad
I want to see it go forward and not actually die off.

It just seems you all agreed to go along with IPO's because well there wasn't a better and as fast method of
pumping out endless coins to make money from.

It defeats the entire point LOL

The point of an altcoin is to one up Bitcoin and improve it.
Not establish a money making pyramid scheme from it that is distributed in an even worse way than BTC was !

Altcoins are suppose to be better than bitcoin.. NOT worse !

Many of you lost the point of it all.

And what i want to see is dev's find an improved method of distribution over BTC's
But instead they stopped working on that key aspect of ALT's and focused entirely
on misc other gimmicks or un-needed features like Anon features, Markets etc

I have heard all the retorts on this issue such as Mining can be exploited for example..
Well, IPO launched coins are even more vulnerable to Exploitation so that doesn't improve anything does it ?
It's a step in reverse code wise !

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:53:59 PM

Until a better system of distribution comes along i will stick with POW or even POS maybe.
I don't jump on board with Angel Investing or Crowd funding IPO / ICO etc bullshit
simply because we did not make a better alternative method yet.

IPO shit was born out of the need for dev's to continue flogging THOUSANDS of news shit coins non stop.

It was taking the easy scammy way out.
And users who are only interested in profit from any coin (even if obviously scammy) are fine with it.
just so long as they make money off them.

THIS IS WRONG !

This rapes the spirit of true Altcoin dev's.
I enjoy the technical aspects of crypto but am not the smartest at that stuff Sad
I want to see it go forward and not actually die off.

It just seems you all agreed to go along with IPO's because well there wasn't a better and as fast method of
pumping out endless coins to make money from.

It defeats the entire point LOL

The point of an altcoin is to one up Bitcoin and improve it.
Not establish a money making pyramid scheme from it that is distributed in an even worse way than BTC was !

Altcoins are suppose to be better than bitcoin.. NOT worse !

Many of you lost the point of it all.

And what i want to see is dev's find an improved method of distribution over BTC's
But instead they stopped working on that key aspect of ALT's and focused entirely
on misc other gimmicks or un-needed features like Anon features, Markets etc

I have heard all the retorts on this issue such as Mining can be exploited for example..
Well, IPO launched coins are even more vulnerable to Exploitation so that doesn't improve anything does it ?
It's a step in reverse code wise !

I hate to agree with Spoetnik but once in a while he manages to write a decent post and this is one of them.

There have been so many IPO scams. I thought they were dying off then came Ethereum. Well... after bringing in 18 mil and a dramatic rise in price we are seeing a resurgence in the IPO/ICO/ITO scam. Developers are quickly bringing out "the next big thing" in hopes of a Ethereum repeat.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:23:55 AM

Eh Dash is doing pretty well in spite of the premine and all the other scandal stuff.  I actually like it as a coin and I don't care what the haters say and there are many.  All of the other ones are destined for the trash can, and there have already been many of those.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:57:03 AM

Re: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

One example? I can't think of any. All the IPO/ICO coins have crashed and burned. Only the proof-of-work distributed coins have sustained, e.g. Monero, Litecoin, Bitcoin.

Eh Dash is doing pretty well in spite of the premine and all the other scandal stuff.

It is partially a proof-of-work coin.

There is nothing competing with it yet on widespread adoption and Dash is promising that (but will never deliver millions of users and then the coin will die because another coin will).

I will kill Dash. Guaranteed.

Corazon79

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:52:59 PM

There is nothing competing with it yet on widespread adoption and Dash is promising that (but will never deliver millions of users and then the coin will die because another coin will).

It's easy for you to slam DASH, but at least the DASH team has delivered results. They are doers, not talkers.

You've been talking about your wonderful plans for years now, but the bottom line is that you've failed to deliver. It's enjoyable following your posts though, and I recognise that your unfortunate illiness has held you back. I wish you all the best in making a full recovery, because I genuinely believe you're capable of some advanced designs that take all the finer details into account.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:11:53 PM

How is it possible to bump this thread after two years and not discuss Ethereum discuss anything other than Ethereum?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:50:29 PM

It's easy for you to slam DASH, but at least the DASH team has delivered results. They are doers, not talkers.

Throwing molotov cocktails at thirsty drunks is "delivering"  Huh

The rest of your post was gracious, but really you don't understand that the insiders stole the supply and then they crafted masternodes which they could own most of, which thus pay them dividends, so they own an eternal supply of coins to P&D with. There is mining debasement that appears to be decentralized, except due to insider control over masternodes, the debasement ends up back in the insiders' pockets for dumping on greater fools.

P.S. I worked this entire day and night. Only 3 posts in the forum. The multi-herbal tea is working (and restarted Vitamin D3 supplementation). Body starting to come back to normal. I am working long hours without adverse effects, same as before the illness.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:16:12 AM

IPO/premines really undermines one of the core reasons for p2p currencies is the first place; ie to take the money changes out of the equation, but again this stuffs just lost on most of the in it for the fiat current crypto crowd.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 03:33:16 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 03:44:46 AM by benthach

none would adopt by the mainstream, when people think about crypto then bitcoin is the only one and will always stay this way even this scam crap etheorum think it is worth something by the insiders.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:08:13 PM

IPO/premines/instamines are all free money to a few.

People like throwing their money away in the hopes of making a quick buck. A few win but most lose and the cycle of "free money" continues.

Its like going to Staples(for example) and buying that hundred dollar extended warranty they push on you. Chances are you will never use it and if you do you will probably be denied. Its "free money". Everyone loves "free money".

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:18:07 PM

42 people voted 'Yes'  Huh  Roll Eyes

No wonder the world is fucked.

minus

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:20:37 PM

I don't think a ICO will takeover BTC. Currency is a network effects product and there will be one winner. I hope it is bitcoin. We need to move on from politics and learn to innovate as a community.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:08:48 AM

42 people voted 'Yes'  Huh  Roll Eyes

No wonder the world is fucked.

There are huge markets for penny stocks, HYIPs, ponzies, lotteries, extended warranties, etc.

The idea that people want to give their money away should not be surprising.

EDIT: thanks rokkyroad for extended warranties. Added.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:38:20 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 02:18:45 AM by TPTB_need_war

Those who purchased Rimbit via Indiegogo should be demanding a refund from their credit card company now, because the campaign violated Indiegogo's Terms of Service on Prohibited Perks, thus the tokens will now be scorned and worthless.

This $151,806 loss for Indiegogo and huge number of chargebacks jeopardizing their merchant account relationship with the credit card companies, will hopefully incentivize Indiegogo to take legal action against Marcelo Karlsson. Hopefully they will also report him to the SEC so they can hopefully begin an investigation into the investments scams in crypto currency.

I have an inkling this smallish scam may be the one that ignites the fire that brings down the entire ICO altcoin ecosystem.

Edit: the SEC has recently warned about those who are getting involved in these crypto-currency scams and I hope Indiegogo takes the SEC warning seriously.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: