Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?
yes - 43 (51.8%)
no - 40 (48.2%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?  (Read 5317 times)
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:01:10 PM

Question:    Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

..be popular/mainstream?

of course not.. you guys really think so or did i just buy too many ipo's lol

Not gonna lie, it seems that you are extremely jaded (perhaps from being scammed one too many times?)

That's why I only invest in people who have a reputation, otherwise you take that 99% risk of being scammed.

NXT: 13095091276527367030

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xux99

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:31:43 PM

Premined coins can certainly succeed provided they have a dedicated and knowledgeable coding team that can support the coin in the long term. They should offer a fair and transparent distribution and most importantly incorporate significant innovations. A decentralized marketplace, anonymity, very fast transactions and messaging service can really boost its value.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:11:51 AM

IPO = garbage scam .

This is not a Regulated Stock Market trading scene.

The term IPO has been applied to a new wave of digital Ponzi / pyramid schemes.. AKA: The clone coin.

What much of the guys do around this scene from EXCHANGE staff to Coin cloners pushing IPO's etc would land them jail time in a regulated market.

this is a fact period .

Ask Martha Stewart who did time for insider trading or Berni Madoff who is serving time right now for the world biggest PONZI SCHEME.

ALL the excuses and games and bullshit does not change this reality.

Why are exchange staff so eager to add these crap coins ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:58:24 AM

Of course they will, if they offer useful features to users. It doesn't matter for users how the coins came into existance. What matters is how easy it is to buy them with fiat, and what they can do with the coins. Miners are not users, hence miners don't have a final say.
cwb27

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:51:41 AM

Of course they will, if they offer useful features to users. It doesn't matter for users how the coins came into existance. What matters is how easy it is to buy them with fiat, and what they can do with the coins. Miners are not users, hence miners don't have a final say.

it depends on how dev uses the money. devs should also be working full time if we give them money. just my two sents
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:51:24 AM

The facts: not one coin with IPO/premine has ever succeeded and all the most successful coins have all been without premine.

Do you think the coins created with premine and IPO, and even with innovations, have a future and the potential to achieve massive adoption and overtake Bitcoin?

If your definition of success is that it must overtake bitcoin then you have very high standards. I would certainly judge NXT a success and this had an IPO. XCP as well.

This. Nxt - a coin that didn't even exist half a year ago, is currently in third place according to Coinmarketcap.com, just behind Bitcoin and Litecoin. If that isn't the definition of a successful coin then I don't know what is.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

IPO = garbage scam .

This is not a Regulated Stock Market trading scene.

The term IPO has been applied to a new wave of digital Ponzi / pyramid schemes.. AKA: The clone coin.

What much of the guys do around this scene from EXCHANGE staff to Coin cloners pushing IPO's etc would land them jail time in a regulated market.

this is a fact period .

Ask Martha Stewart who did time for insider trading or Berni Madoff who is serving time right now for the world biggest PONZI SCHEME.

ALL the excuses and games and bullshit does not change this reality.

All the rage STILL !
Nothing changes.. they keep making more of these and scammer(s) still hang around here 24/7 *trying desperately to avoid their scammy distribution while advertising.

I'd rather invest my life savings with Mark for Gox 2.0 than invest in any Etherium or BitSHares or NXT or NEM or or or or orororoorororoor or o roro or o ror or or r or

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:25:28 PM

+1 to BitShares

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rh1n0

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:29:01 PM

ICO is the only way for a coin to succeed. Making a coin with no premine is nice, but pointless. Mining farms will rape the network and leave the dev with no incentive to deliver.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:48:41 AM

IPO and premine are not the same thing guys..  Roll Eyes

edit:
oh and by the way this guy changed the topic title and added in the word PREMINE too !
it was not there before !

ask a question and change the poll.. bait & switch clever lol

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

wow you guys did some pretty lame voting here too
sad..

like i am fucking speechless ..i just don't know what to say like WTF people ? LOL

(pretty sure last time i looked the results were mostly NO)

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:12:20 PM

so based on the votes the community has gone to shit..

it's all about IPO's currently ?

you realize that is the opposite of decentralized right ?
and that it opens the door now to a wide range of exploitation options for scammers.

your gonna get burned and thank your greed.

and congrats for taking a piss on Bitcoin while your at it..

the only question left is how many guys are going to get caught ?
they don't look at source code they just look at market prices on exchanges
and the devs know this !

collectively i think your all being pretty dumb.. have fun giving your money away to people smarter than you.

a great ponzi / scam works by letting you think your smart and gaming the system for mad profitz and lambo's
as they let you have some money in your hand now until they take it all from you LATER.

smart guys the minority in the ALT scene laugh and cash out and most of you all NEVER learn  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:12:36 AM

ICO is the only way for a coin to succeed. Making a coin with no premine is nice, but pointless. Mining farms will rape the network and leave the dev with no incentive to deliver.

why not explain to the general public what is the difference between an IPO and an ICO ?

isn't it a scam or a scam ?

i would bash my machine in with a sledge hammer before i let you guys get scammy coins on my PC !

and vote guys... don't tell me your 75% scammy IPO supporting pieces of shit around here fuck..

by the way fuck the dev and his "delivering" bullshit.
get a job then make a coin assholes.

CryptoJerk

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:20:16 AM

why not explain to the general public what is the difference between an IPO and an ICO ?

i would bash my machine in with a sledge hammer before i let you guys get scammy coins on my PC !

and vote guys... don't tell me your 75% scammy IPO supporting pieces of shit around here fuck..

another registered loser

hasn't got the brains to realise how the big bucks are being made in crypto, so he bashes the ones who are making fuck tons of money while he sits down all day talking shit online. bravo you peasant you

did facebook IPO yes microsoft yes, ebay yes, yahoo, yes

that is just a part of the game you fuckstick

now man up and put out your own coin or shut the fuck up you nonentity
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

another registered loser

hasn't got the brains to realise how the big bucks are being made in crypto, so he bashes the ones who are making fuck tons of money while he sits down all day talking shit online. bravo you peasant you

did facebook IPO yes microsoft yes, ebay yes, yahoo, yes

that is just a part of the game you fuckstick

now man up and put out your own coin or shut the fuck up you nonentity

ya i can see how the "Big Bucks" are made in Crypto and it's pure scammy Ponzi scheme IPO / ICO scam bullshit !

you are comparing a regulated market vs one that is not.
a ton of scams have gone down.. need examples ?

plenty of IPO/ICO scam coins and gambling sites and exchanges and pools etc have gone down lately !
people deserve to be warned about this !

if you get ripped off there is no one you can turn to unlike in the stock markets..
i am concerned about new users not your profits Noob.

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:46:55 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 01:13:36 PM by CryptoJerk

ya i can see how the "Big Bucks" are made in Crypto and it's pure scammy Ponzi scheme IPO / ICO scam bullshit !

you are comparing a regulated market vs one that is not.
a ton of scams have gone down.. need examples ?

plenty of IPO/ICO scam coins and gambling sites and exchanges and pools etc have gone down lately !
people deserve to be warned about this !

if you get ripped off there is no one you can turn to unlike in the stock markets..
i am concerned about new users not your profits Noob.

oh shut the fuck up you mentally deranged idiot

it isn't a scam IF EVERY FUCKING DEVELOPER IS DOING THE SAME SHIT!

are you stupid or just a little mentally challenged?

"ohh im concerned about new users" what the fuck are you? a man or a freaking mouse

"oohh im concerned, im afraid, oh no please no scam, why please no" get the fuck out of here you little bitch boy you

you are girl

you aren't concerned about anyone but youself. stop pretending to care about people on the internet who you have not and will never meet in your life you stupid woman.

get off your fat fucking ass and put your own coin out or at least stop complaining

this market is unregulated so THERE ARE NO RULES! no one cares about morals or any of that fake shit when there is money to be made

in crypto everyone has a choice! HUNT or be HUNTED

I was born with testicles so the only thing that I know how to do is HUNT and eat the food I kill

not to come online and act like a little bitch "ohh im soo concerned" grow a pair you fag boy

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:55:44 PM

Pull your skirt down honey your meat-flaps are showing  Shocked

admit it you are just mad because i am the turd in the punch bowl..
and it's hard to sit in mom's basement and clone scammy IPO coins to buy Nacho's and Twinky's dreaming about dem Lambo'z
if i am in the way showing the victims your grooming the truth !

if you want to discuss it for real i am game.. the key issue i have is there is no accountability and no recourse for investors
and the IPO or ICO (or what ever bs you wanna call it) i prefer the term Ponzi scheme or Pyramid scheme aka: the classic multi-level marketing scam.
they are far too ripe for abuse in our scene and nothing but an evolution of scammy laziness for greedy cowards who hide and clone.

your not helping make a better altcoin your just after Bitcoin to cash out .
So your behavior is toxic and corrosive and actually hurts Bitcoin itself and make us ALL who support Altcoins look like scammers.
and you can be a proud little IPO scammer but i will not sit here and take that label stamped on me OR BITCOIN itself thanks..

go back to cloning coins son your out of your league.. big kids are talking here !

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

go back to cloning coins son your out of your league.. big kids are talking here !

yes you are a big kid with half a brain who takes to wearing his mothers shoes and make-up around the house when no one is around

call it a scam if you please that isn't going to stop me from putting out another coin and dumping it all over peasants like you

you are a nonentity and a worthless excuse of a man

you should forfeit your internet connection because if you aren't using this resource for self-enrichment then you don't deserve it

"ooh im concerned about new users" go get a tit job
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

yes you are a big kid with half a brain who takes to wearing his mothers shoes and make-up around the house when no one is around

call it a scam if you please that isn't going to stop me from putting out another coin and dumping it all over peasants like you

you are a nonentity and a worthless excuse of a man

you should forfeit your internet connection because if you aren't using this resource for self-enrichment then you don't deserve it

"ooh im concerned about new users" go get a tit job

yes i do and and so what ? Mom's panty hose feels so nice on my skin Smiley

and your gonna do what now ?

oh now ya gone and done it  Angry

That is it buddy.. "Operation Shitcoin Cleanup" is back on !
search the forum for that topic and see what kind of attack you should be scared of because your in big trouble now kid !

i suggest you clean up the pee of the floor now before mom comes home and scolds you for pissing on the floor like scared puppy Wink

CryptoJerk

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:15:23 PM

yes i do and and so what ? Mom's panty hose feels so nice on my skin Smiley

and your gonna do what now ?

oh now ya gone and done it  Angry

That is it buddy.. "Operation Shitcoin Cleanup" is back on !
search the forum for that topic and see what kind of attack you should be scared of because your in big trouble now kid !

i suggest you clean up the pee of the floor now before mom comes home and scolds you for pissing on the floor like scared puppy Wink

ahh quit it. you are nothing other than a peeping tom with an internet connection

you are a crypto peasant with zero credentials

be gone
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: