Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343406 times)
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:09:37 PM

I think I like the first metal one the best, but the second metal one runs a close second  Wink
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Samantha la

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:18:30 PM

Hey Guys,

So with the new beginning it feels right that we should have a new logo to stand behind. BitcoinMafia did an amazing job with the coin she created but we're dedicated to get as many people or our community involved in decision making as possible and the truth is a small group decided that we liked that logo and I want to open it up to voting as well as submissions from the community.
So here's what were gonna do!
I'm putting up 1 million DIEM for the winner of the contest.     I'm gonna say Sun the 4th at 8PM eastern time will be the cutoff for submissions.  Then I'll post in one post all the submissions and assign each a # and will start a poll and let that run for a couple days.

I'd personally like to simple and iconic.  But it's not up to me.  I'm just 1 vote just like anyone else.
Here's a logo we found that obviously needs some polish but just an example:  http://www.trademarkia.com/cd-carpe-diem-75479048.html

Good Luck Everyone!

Apparently I didn't offer enough of a reward.  Lets try 5 Mil DIEM!

You give too little return, has a striking lack of popularity
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:02:08 PM

State of CarpeDiemCoin 2.0

Hey guys,
I wanted to give you all another update on what's going on with our coin.  After multiple coin devs looked closely at the code it has become apparent that a simple wallet update isn't going to do what we need it to do for the long term goals we are setting for DIEM.  There are flaws that will become a problem in the future and instead of putting a band aid on it we've decided to be proactive and FIX it.  This unfortunately requires a full overhaul of the code and will require us to do a 1 to 1 trade in of "Old DIEM" for "New DIEM" .  This is not the first time this has happened, C2 did it not too long ago and they were in much worse shape then we're in.

We have contacted the exchanges and they will facilitate the trade-in so as soon as possible everyone needs to move their DIEM to the exchanges.  So far we have Poloniex, C-Cex and CryptoAltex on board.  Were waiting to hear from Comkort but should be hearing from them soon. 

The way this is going to work is we're going to set a deadline of Sunday May 11th to move your coins to the exchanges. At around 8pm EST the markets will be frozen while the necessary swap is made.  If before the deadline we find that 95% of the coins are on deposit we will have the exchanges do the swap earlier.  After that markets will be reopened, you will need to generate a new wallet address with the exchange if it's not automated by the exchange for future deposits.  Other then that its back to business as usual.

Along with the trade in new wallets will be mandatory.  Those will be released shortly after the trade in.

The main change we are making with this is going from an unmineable PoW coin to a PoS coin with 1% "interest" for stake holders.  This will ensure our network will remain secure for many years to come.  The new coin is pretty much ready to roll out, just putting finishing touches on the wallets.  All the new coins will be mined on the first block shortly before the trade in and will turn to PoS at block 2.

We understand that there will be stranglers and we will do everything we can to take care of our coin holders but after the deadline it will be dealt with on a case by case basis with the devs involved.  We will take requests for 1 month after the deadline and will do our best but we can't guarantee anything after the deadline hits.

Another aspect that will need to be dealt with is what to do with unclaimed coins.  We will do a poll on bitcointalk.  The way I see it we have 3 options, but if you have other ideas we would love to hear them.

Use them for bounties to regrow this coin into what we know it can be...ie Twitter & Reddit tip bots
Start some kind of Carpe DIEM Coin charity
Destroy them

Or a combination of the 3.

So start thinking about what you will vote for.  I'll post a poll in a couple weeks.  Whatever is decided will be done in the most transparent way we possibly can.  I realize our team hasn't earned your trust yet but that's our #1 goal in this.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

FYI:  I wrote this ann a couple days ago and still haven't been in touch with Comkort.  So you might want to move to one of the other exchanges to be on the safe side.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Luposian

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:01:27 PM

I traded my 2 BTCS for BTC, couldn't withdraw it (too little).  Finally settled on DIEM, figuring it can't go any lower in value, so the only way is UP!  I have over 11K of DIEM at Poloniex.  It HAS, however, risen in value, on the LTC market.  From around 0.00000033 LTC ea., to 0.00000051 LTC ea. (sell price).  What prompted this?  Anyone know?

Do you get "interest" on DIEM held at Poloniex or only in a personal wallet?

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

You will gain 1% interest fro the personal wallet after the tradein and we release the new wallets.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588310.msg6577242#msg6577242

-Walt Disney
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:30:12 PM

I think I like the first metal one the best, but the second metal one runs a close second  Wink

I like the second one, but I think it could do without the "carpe diem" on the edges. It makes it pure icon that way.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:38:43 PM

State of CarpeDiemCoin 2.0

Hey guys,
I wanted to give you all another update on what's going on with our coin.  After multiple coin devs looked closely at the code it has become apparent that a simple wallet update isn't going to do what we need it to do for the long term goals we are setting for DIEM.  There are flaws that will become a problem in the future and instead of putting a band aid on it we've decided to be proactive and FIX it.  This unfortunately requires a full overhaul of the code and will require us to do a 1 to 1 trade in of "Old DIEM" for "New DIEM" .  This is not the first time this has happened, C2 did it not too long ago and they were in much worse shape then we're in.

We have contacted the exchanges and they will facilitate the trade-in so as soon as possible everyone needs to move their DIEM to the exchanges.  So far we have Poloniex, C-Cex and CryptoAltex on board.  Were waiting to hear from Comkort but should be hearing from them soon.  

The way this is going to work is we're going to set a deadline of Sunday May 11th to move your coins to the exchanges. At around 8pm EST the markets will be frozen while the necessary swap is made.  If before the deadline we find that 95% of the coins are on deposit we will have the exchanges do the swap earlier.  After that markets will be reopened, you will need to generate a new wallet address with the exchange if it's not automated by the exchange for future deposits.  Other then that its back to business as usual.

Along with the trade in new wallets will be mandatory.  Those will be released shortly after the trade in.

The main change we are making with this is going from an unmineable PoW coin to a PoS coin with 1% "interest" for stake holders.  This will ensure our network will remain secure for many years to come.  The new coin is pretty much ready to roll out, just putting finishing touches on the wallets.  All the new coins will be mined on the first block shortly before the trade in and will turn to PoS at block 2.

We understand that there will be stranglers and we will do everything we can to take care of our coin holders but after the deadline it will be dealt with on a case by case basis with the devs involved.  We will take requests for 1 month after the deadline and will do our best but we can't guarantee anything after the deadline hits.

Another aspect that will need to be dealt with is what to do with unclaimed coins.  We will do a poll on bitcointalk.  The way I see it we have 3 options, but if you have other ideas we would love to hear them.

Use them for bounties to regrow this coin into what we know it can be...ie Twitter & Reddit tip bots
Start some kind of Carpe DIEM Coin charity
Destroy them

Or a combination of the 3.

So start thinking about what you will vote for.  I'll post a poll in a couple weeks.  Whatever is decided will be done in the most transparent way we possibly can.  I realize our team hasn't earned your trust yet but that's our #1 goal in this.

You guys have always appropriately used any donations I have made and I fully trust you guys. But to make things really smooth maybe unclaimed coins could be placed in an escrow. If the other option is to destroy them than a lack of liquidity would not be a big problem.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:45:22 PM

Prior to the release, you need to put-out a version that will freeze POS rewards, to let staked-coins return from purgatory... then create a premine of equal value to the entire network... Perhaps with forced "no stake" setting.. (or protect, or whatever it is called.)

Would be better to create an auto-convert system, in the wallet itself...

The only valid SEND address would be to one master DIEM wallet, in your converter or devs hands, using a special address per wallet... Which is matched to the corresponding 2.0 wallet address, which we enter for deposit. That way, anyone who later downloads the wallet, can do the transfer themselves... That, or send you a direct notice, so you can fire-up the nodes, for the transfer to continue. (Though, you should run those for at-least a whole year. It is not like everyone sits around at the forums all day, or has them on a pool or exchange that is lively.)

Not to mention, some people might still be paying for things in DIEM, beyond the cross-over. Until they realize there is an update.

Which, should happen prior to the release of the conversion, so when they come to see why they can't sync... the get the new wallet with the converter.

Then, they also find-out about the converted wallet.

+1000 for having a smaller blockchain, due to this setup. -1000 for places that force minimum withdraws for DIEM, which will never be able to be converted. Though 0.00000001 DIEM is not worth much now... it may be in the future. Not like it costs exchanges to withdraw those small amounts. Yet they limit us to 0.0001 I believe, on most exchanges.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

You mean use like JohnK Escrow.. or whoever that guy is

-Walt Disney
denniscdunbar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:46:55 PM

cswolfe

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

Second one.  I think we need to change things up with the reboot, hence, more modern.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:03:49 PM

Prior to the release, you need to put-out a version that will freeze POS rewards, to let staked-coins return from purgatory... then create a premine of equal value to the entire network... Perhaps with forced "no stake" setting.. (or protect, or whatever it is called.)

Would be better to create an auto-convert system, in the wallet itself...

The only valid SEND address would be to one master DIEM wallet, in your converter or devs hands, using a special address per wallet... Which is matched to the corresponding 2.0 wallet address, which we enter for deposit. That way, anyone who later downloads the wallet, can do the transfer themselves... That, or send you a direct notice, so you can fire-up the nodes, for the transfer to continue. (Though, you should run those for at-least a whole year. It is not like everyone sits around at the forums all day, or has them on a pool or exchange that is lively.)

Not to mention, some people might still be paying for things in DIEM, beyond the cross-over. Until they realize there is an update.

Which, should happen prior to the release of the conversion, so when they come to see why they can't sync... the get the new wallet with the converter.

Then, they also find-out about the converted wallet.

+1000 for having a smaller blockchain, due to this setup. -1000 for places that force minimum withdraws for DIEM, which will never be able to be converted. Though 0.00000001 DIEM is not worth much now... it may be in the future. Not like it costs exchanges to withdraw those small amounts. Yet they limit us to 0.0001 I believe, on most exchanges.

We talked to many devs and got a lot of input.  They all said abandon ship the coin is going to DIE there were unrepairable flaws in the code that a a wallet is't going to be able to fix.    

But our community came together and and we got bitsta on board to rebuild the coin.  I'm hoping he can pop in here soon to give you some more of the technical side of things but he's helping us an AC rebuild at the same time.  

I know a trade in isn't preferable method of doing this but my understanding is that it's the only way.  

The problem with stopping the old block chain is 1 we don't have control of it. That went with the old dev and also we would have no way to verify the amounts people have.  After the big tradein were going to do our best to facilitate stragglers by having them send us the old coin and we send them back new coins.  

With the exception of Comkort I believe we have everyone on board that holds DIEM and we'll get in touch with them one way or another so the min withdraw shouldn't be an issue.  On the plus side, if you try and send coin from an old address to a new address is should come up as invalid and not allow you to send.  Which will hopefully drive that person to investigate whats up.

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

Second one.  I think we need to change things up with the reboot, hence, more modern.
We alrady told bitsta to use the 2nd logo   Grin

-Walt Disney
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

We alrady told bitsta to use the 2nd logo   Grin

Well get that sucker up on the front page! Cheesy
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

Do we have any Chinese friends that can tell me the symbol(s) for Carpe Diem?

-Walt Disney
cswolfe

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:00:42 PM

No, as to chinese friends I would trust with that.  but let's be -really- careful.  there are multiple -billion- dollar corporations who have trusted somebody with it, maybe well intended, then learned the hard way, that the characters they chose meant something like "I eat mom."
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

Don't forget to keep voting.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:36:05 AM

While the prices keep rising for DIEM, I know many will want to take some profit. That is all good and fine (though you might regret it before 10 satoshi level) but please consider the effect of walls. If you put up to large on a sell order in one place it will almost ensure that you do not sell any very quickly. It will only push the price down. Sell bit by bit on the way up and prosper along with DIEM.

Disclaimer: I hold a long position in DIEM.  Wink
thebeesknees

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:49:23 PM

Is there still a limit on what can be sent per transaction?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: