Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343405 times)
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:03:23 PM

The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit and we don't have to worry about it dumping on us.  Consider the unclaimed coins our own personal Wulong who won't fuck us over.  We can do whatever we decide to do with that coin to build LONG TERM strength in the coin.  We just have to figure out what to do with it that will maximize the benefit.

If we destroy it we get a % bump in value and we are just another coin on the exchange.  I want more from this coin! I want to make millionaires out of every one of you.  And if your already a millionaire I want to make you a billionaire.

LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN!

sorry for my lack of understanding. I still dont get the situation.
What do you mean "The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit"?

For instance:
We do an IPO with the unclaimed diem that leaves us with lets say 25 BTC in the bank.  One thing we could do is is use to put up a buy wall to absorb large dumps and stabilize the price.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:34:08 PM

so whats the plan to drive diem forward?
That is going to depend on the community.  Were going to have a large number of unclaimed coins.  We have to figure out what to do with them.  If we destroy them we get a small pump and become just another coin. 
If we keep them we can do some incredible things.

what is the benefit of keeping them?
what is the downside of destroying them if noone claims them?

I have this little game/faucet... i could distribute a LOT of coins there....

Example of the faucet for GOODcoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=GOOD

Example of the faucet for Legendarycoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=LGD

As you can see, it can get customized, and it works wonders for people caliming coins! I also operate the standard faucet on the same site and the Rock, Paper, Scissors game... i'm even going to release some more games soon

I love it. ! What kind of graphics can we use for our coin game?

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 07:09:18 PM

so whats the plan to drive diem forward?
That is going to depend on the community.  Were going to have a large number of unclaimed coins.  We have to figure out what to do with them.  If we destroy them we get a small pump and become just another coin. 
If we keep them we can do some incredible things.

what is the benefit of keeping them?
what is the downside of destroying them if noone claims them?

I have this little game/faucet... i could distribute a LOT of coins there....

Example of the faucet for GOODcoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=GOOD

Example of the faucet for Legendarycoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=LGD

As you can see, it can get customized, and it works wonders for people caliming coins! I also operate the standard faucet on the same site and the Rock, Paper, Scissors game... i'm even going to release some more games soon

I love it. ! What kind of graphics can we use for our coin game?

The corgi can be changed, the title can be changed, the name of the corgi can be changed... almost everything, i can change everything to have a different personalized look for every coin.

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:30:49 PM

I'm going to put it up to the community.  I'm trying my best not to touch the unclaimed fund.
So if you like the flappybird type game or would like to contribute to the standard faucet there are the address which go strait to him.

Standard's faucet goes here -> DAaKuD3jzebfXMvpmp9e14Y6VPYqYEAXrd
Games backing goes here (Floppy and RPS, although floppy will compensate losses from the standard faucet) -> D7yW8Y3DiL9CBN3QGcekohK76sQQLVW4nG
Bounty (not needed, but always accepted -> D8yjVBL5Meybd9Zjpd5ZYJFUiw7XKm1Xs4

Also if you have an idea for the mascot of the game draw it up.  Lets see what we can come up with.

Game examples in case you missed them:

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:20:37 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 03:54:45 AM by DIEMcoin

Another example of something small we could do with the unclaimed.
Just for fun I put this together. Colors got a little jacked but it actually looks kinda cool I think.

To do a small run:
Quantity: 32 (5 S 5 M 10 L 10 XL 2 XXL) :: $14.28 each | $456.96 total
Lots of colors = expensive

-Walt Disney
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:52:28 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 07:14:35 AM by S3052

The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit and we don't have to worry about it dumping on us.  Consider the unclaimed coins our own personal Wulong who won't fuck us over.  We can do whatever we decide to do with that coin to build LONG TERM strength in the coin.  We just have to figure out what to do with it that will maximize the benefit.

If we destroy it we get a % bump in value and we are just another coin on the exchange.  I want more from this coin! I want to make millionaires out of every one of you.  And if your already a millionaire I want to make you a billionaire.

What do you mean "The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit"?

For instance:
We do an IPO with the unclaimed diem that leaves us with lets say 25 BTC in the bank.  One thing we could do is is use to put up a buy wall to absorb large dumps and stabilize the price.

market manipulation with walls will not help long term.
what you need to do is creating demand for DIEM, so that price goes up sustainably.

doing an IPO will actually create more downward pressure since it increases the number of open market coins

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:19:48 AM

The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit and we don't have to worry about it dumping on us.  Consider the unclaimed coins our own personal Wulong who won't fuck us over.  We can do whatever we decide to do with that coin to build LONG TERM strength in the coin.  We just have to figure out what to do with it that will maximize the benefit.

If we destroy it we get a % bump in value and we are just another coin on the exchange.  I want more from this coin! I want to make millionaires out of every one of you.  And if your already a millionaire I want to make you a billionaire.

For instance:
We do an IPO with the unclaimed diem that leaves us with lets say 25 BTC in the bank.  One thing we could do is is use to put up a buy wall to absorb large dumps and stabilize the price.

what you need to do is creating demand for DIEM, so that price goes up sustainably.

doing an IPO will actually create more downward pressure since it increases the number of open market coins

I agree.  Creating demand for the coin is key.  The wall is by no means ground breaking or revolutionary since BC announced it with their BlackShield and more coins are copying them.  Just one idea of a hopefully multi layered approach.  I'm going to put my ideas down on paper this week and prob post it next weekend.  In the mean time I want to hear your thoughts and ideas.  How are we going to create demand for DIEM?  Obviously the end game will be merchant services and Coinbase like DIEM/Fiat exchanges but we need to grow before we get to that point.  We need to build our community base and our name recognition.  Think BIG!  
Imagine we have $25,000 at our disposal.  We don't want to blow it all in one shot, I think it would be best to create a system which would allow that fund to grow while we also put profits to use growing our Coin.

-Walt Disney
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:02:08 PM

For instance:

I agree.  Creating demand for the coin is key.  The wall is by no means ground breaking or revolutionary since BC announced it with their BlackShield and more coins are copying them.  Just one idea of a hopefully multi layered approach.  I'm going to put my ideas down on paper this week and prob post it next weekend.  In the mean time I want to hear your thoughts and ideas.  How are we going to create demand for DIEM?  Obviously the end game will be merchant services and Coinbase like DIEM/Fiat exchanges but we need to grow before we get to that point.  We need to build our community base and our name recognition.  Think BIG!  
Imagine we have $25,000 at our disposal.  We don't want to blow it all in one shot, I think it would be best to create a system which would allow that fund to grow while we also put profits to use growing our Coin.

to create demand you will first need a UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITIOn.
Try to answer the questions:

1. What is unqiue to DIEM?
2. Who should someone bother to get into it?
3. What is the benefit to purchase DIEM coins vs. other cryptocoins? = why is DIEM coin better than others?

if you have answers to this, you can start communicating this message

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:06:52 PM

and.. try to get some long term investors in. given the low market cap, if you get a few bigger investors in who will be longterm holders, DIEM price could explode up

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:19:45 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 08:31:22 PM by e1ghtSpace

I'm glad I found this before it was too late. I can still exchange my old coins to the new coins right? Anyway, I sent an email.

Great new team BTW.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:16:23 PM

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

We've been added to http://www.altaccept.com/ for merchant services!!!

Now go tell all your local stores they need to put this in their window!!!

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:21:28 AM

I suck at taking breaks  Undecided

Taking Pre-Orders Tongue
Actually if you might be interested let me know and I might just make an order.  Price would be about $20 shipped. And any profit from them would go to the strengthen DIEM.  I won't take payment even if you insist.

-Walt Disney
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:36:47 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 07:32:09 AM by e1ghtSpace

Hey guys im trying to trade in my old coins for the new ones but I have no connections. What should I do? Do I just send them away anyway? Eh I might as well.

Edit 1: Oops just saw the nodes. I'll add them.

Edit 2: Still nothing. Maybe its because i'm located in Australia.

Edit 3: Well after about 45 minutes, it seems as though I've found two people and I'm syncing!
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:33:02 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem!

I sent some old coins to Comkort:

1000 - All fine
10000 - All fine
50000 - Never arrived
1000 - Never arrived

Glad i tested this rather than send all 3 million!

What can i do about the 60K that are lost and how can i exchange the other 3Mil?

Rgds

Ratters
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:44:43 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem!

1000 - All fine
10000 - All fine
50000 - Never arrived
1000 - Never arrived

What can i do about the 60K that are lost and how can i exchange the other 3Mil?

Rgds

Ratters

Contact Comkort Support and address the issue to them. I believe they took down their Diem wallet as early as yesterday though (and posted an accompanying notice), so that might be a problem if you sent those coins only after that happened. In any case, Comkort Support should be able to help you ascertain the status of those coins that you recently sent.
Ratters

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:56:26 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem!

1000 - All fine
10000 - All fine
50000 - Never arrived
1000 - Never arrived

Rgds

Ratters

Contact Comkort Support and address the issue to them. I believe they took down their Diem wallet as early as yesterday though (and posted an accompanying notice), so that might be a problem if you sent those coins only after that happened. In any case, Comkort Support should be able to help you ascertain the status of those coins that you recently sent.

Thanks, i will do that.

How can i change my remaining coins safely?
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:02:03 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem!

1000 - All fine
10000 - All fine
50000 - Never arrived
1000 - Never arrived

Rgds

Ratters

Thanks, i will do that.

Email me diemcoin@gmail.com

-Walt Disney
Ratters

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:29:23 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem!

1000 - All fine
10000 - All fine
50000 - Never arrived
1000 - Never arrived

Rgds

Ratters

Thanks, i will do that.

Email me diemcoin@gmail.com

Done, Thanks
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

Lets push hard and get listed on sharexcoin.
They just added a trollbox so we can do some trivia.

https://sharexcoin.com/votings?coin=DIEM

-Walt Disney
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:41:30 PM

Lets push hard and get listed on sharexcoin.
They just added a trollbox so we can do some trivia.

https://sharexcoin.com/votings?coin=DIEM

Voted. We could really use another exchange with decent trade volume. Even Bittrex could generate some trading for DIEM. I do like the Sharexcoin exchange. It looks like it may actually start to attract more traders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: