Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343413 times)
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

My Plee to NOT destroy a golden opportunity

First, the buy wall will be there to stabilize the price when people decide to dump.  At first I thought about putting up a wall on both sides to truly stabilize the price from irresponsible pumps as well as dumps to have full stabilization but that would stunt growth.  

I am afraid the objective is wrong. Keeping price stable will not help enough. The coin needs to GROW. If there is no growth = price rise, noone will be interested any more.

The stabilizing wall is just 1 step.  The other 2 steps grow the fund which supports DIEM.  Not just reinforces the wall but can be put to use to expand brand recognition and push adoption by the public in many ways.  If the fund is overwhelmingly successful the idea of integrating some kind of dividend system has been proposed.  I personally don't know how we would do distribution of the dividend but it's an idea we can look into and that would also drive demand for the coin. 

I said in previous post that we would have a "whale" at our disposal.  That whale doesn't necessarily need to simply buy DIEM if that was the goal we wouldn't bother with selling off the unclaimed.  The "whale" can be better utilized outside the market place.  DOGE sponsored a nascar, first of all I think think that is targeting the wrong crowd, but also that's nothing compared to what we could accomplish.  And once again I want more ideas.  If this is as successful as I think it will be, we will have a very large fund to use and I'm not going to take any idea off the table.  We can do many things at once.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:47:18 PM

Poll is up

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:00:24 AM

If you have any questions or conserns before voting feel free to ask

-Walt Disney
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:47:20 AM

Why not do the same GOODcoin is doing? having prizes and competitions where DIEM is given away based on scores on different games!

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:07:37 AM

Why not do the same GOODcoin is doing? having prizes and competitions where DIEM is given away based on scores on different games!

In my experience when you give away coins especially in large quantities they just get dumped.  Example: Watch what happens every time a coin does a giveaway on poloniex.  You see a TON of sells in the exact amount that they are giving away.

My model will encourage large investors to bring big money in to the DIEM and support long term sustained growth.

Also we've been there, done that with other coins. I want to do something new with DIEM.

-Walt Disney
noobtard777

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:10:32 AM

awesome! Smiley
citysin

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:06:46 AM

Sounds fantastic. Happy voting everyone.
denniscdunbar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:00:13 AM

In my experience when you give away coins especially in large quantities they just get dumped.  Example: Watch what happens every time a coin does a giveaway on poloniex.  You see a TON of sells in the exact amount that they are giving away.

My model will encourage large investors to bring big money in to the DIEM and support long term sustained growth.

Also we've been there, done that with other coins. I want to do something new with DIEM.

Giving coins away doesn't really help the community.

DoubleD
denniscdunbar

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:28:30 AM

Poll is up

How do I get to the Poll?

DoubleD
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:35:44 AM

Poll is up

How do I get to the Poll?

DoubleD

I guess you can't vote while a "Newbie" account.  

-Walt Disney
denniscdunbar

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:36:53 AM

Looks like I need to make more posts. 
denniscdunbar

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:44:38 AM

Looks like I need to make more posts. 

Hopefully I get a chance to make my vote on the poll before it closes. 

DoubleD
threedream

Activity: 364

Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:45:51 AM

What is special about it?

I have to get back all the lost .
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:54:31 AM

What is special about it?
Special about what?

-Walt Disney
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:20:45 AM

Destroying the coins would not only be better for short but also for long term development of DIEM.
Reducing coin supply will drive up prices.
Adding coins will lead to declines.

If new investors wanted to get into DIEM coins they can just buy them on the exchanges, they do not need another IPO.

tokarka

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:58:28 AM

purse hanging on the old 25 million coins is no synchronization what to do?
tried to insert a marketing does not work!!
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:01:29 AM

purse hanging on the old 25 million coins is no synchronization what to do?
tried to insert a marketing does not work!!
Email me: diemcoin@gmail.com

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:13:38 AM

Destroying the coins would not only be better for short but also for long term development of DIEM.

If new investors wanted to get into DIEM coins they can just buy them on the exchanges, they do not need another IPO.

How would destroying the coins be better for long term development compared to having a boat load of money to promote the coin, educate people about crypto currency, and get it into businesses down the road?  To make progress we will need funding.  Were competing against 500 other coins out there that all do the same thing in most regards. 

Short term you are correct, it would drive up prices.  However without being capable of being in the public eye how long before people get bored with us and we fade off into oblivion?

Also keep in mind, we are not adding coins to the supply.  IPO is probably the wrong term to be using.  We would simply be releasing them back into the market.  I don't think releasing them at the same time would be the best scenario after some thought either.  Slowly in multiple ways using leverage whenever we can to get the most bang for our buck. 

I would really love to hear some of your thoughts if you would hop into our IRC and chat for a bit.  Freenode #carpediempool

-Walt Disney
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:40:46 AM

How would destroying the coins be better for long term development compared to having a boat load of money to promote the coin, educate people about crypto currency, and get it into businesses down the road?  To make progress we will need funding.  Were competing against 500 other coins out there that all do the same thing in most regards. 

Short term you are correct, it would drive up prices.  However without being capable of being in the public eye how long before people get bored with us and we fade off into oblivion?

Also keep in mind, we are not adding coins to the supply.  IPO is probably the wrong term to be using.  We would simply be releasing them back into the market.  I don't think releasing them at the same time would be the best scenario after some thought either.  Slowly in multiple ways using leverage whenever we can to get the most bang for our buck. 

I would really love to hear some of your thoughts if you would hop into our IRC and chat for a bit.  Freenode #carpediempool

Sounds reasonable. I agree that you need funding to promote the coin. There is fierce competition and the risk is that DIEM gets forgotten soon. This is why you should find ways to communicate to the community and investors the benefit of DIEM over other coins.
The torture test is always to ask someone who is not part of the team: Would you want this coin? Would you buy it?

I for myself, did not grasp why I should hold DIEM and not one of the other 500 coins.

I am happy to jump into the IRC in some point, but no time today.

CARPEDIEM!

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:43:52 AM

How would destroying the coins be better for long term development compared to having a boat load of money to promote the coin, educate people about crypto currency, and get it into businesses down the road?  To make progress we will need funding.  Were competing against 500 other coins out there that all do the same thing in most regards.  

Short term you are correct, it would drive up prices.  However without being capable of being in the public eye how long before people get bored with us and we fade off into oblivion?

Also keep in mind, we are not adding coins to the supply.  IPO is probably the wrong term to be using.  We would simply be releasing them back into the market.  I don't think releasing them at the same time would be the best scenario after some thought either.  Slowly in multiple ways using leverage whenever we can to get the most bang for our buck.  

I would really love to hear some of your thoughts if you would hop into our IRC and chat for a bit.  Freenode #carpediempool

Sounds reasonable. I agree that you need funding to promote the coin. There is fierce competition and the risk is that DIEM gets forgotten soon. This is why you should find ways to communicate to the community and investors the benefit of DIEM over other coins.
The torture test is always to ask someone who is not part of the team: Would you want this coin? Would you buy it?

I for myself, did not grasp why I should hold DIEM and not one of the other 500 coins.

I am happy to jump into the IRC in some point, but no time today.

CARPEDIEM!

I look forward to it.  My name in there is tripppn.

-Walt Disney
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: