Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22582 times)
Veronica26 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:28:32 AM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:30:41 AM

This market doesn't favour the weak, that's for sure. I would've held on if I bought at that price though.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:32:26 AM

You didn't lose money until you sold. Should have held longer weak hand. You are going to be kicking yourself even harder when this rebounds.
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:33:45 AM

hang in there veronica its a brutal battle on the fields of bitcoin trading. but what you need to know is that if you sell now u take a loss if you hold u have 1 bitcoin and whatevrer someone is willing to give you for it

gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:36:11 AM

well it will go back up but i don't see it  ever going anywhere over $1000 ever again. Although with all the VC being pumped in you would think it would be more stable.  Also when you bet on Cryptos you need to be ready to be in it for the long hual. It's not for day trader types.
Veronica26 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:40:22 AM

I wish it was just 1 coin.  This was my sure thing so I could stay at home with my daughter.  I feel so stupid.   Cry
checkers6676

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:40:53 AM

i'm holding my bitcoin until they are worth enough to buy a time machine. then I will go back to the year 1635 and hoard all the tulip bulbs
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:42:27 AM

I wish it was just 1 coin.  This was my sure thing so I could stay at home with my daughter.  I feel so stupid.   Cry

Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
No such thing as a sure thing.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:46:27 AM

Sorry to hear that  Sad

If nothing else, it serves as a reminder as to why the phrase "don't invest more than you're willing to lose" is thrown around here so much. We could be in a downturn that could last several more months or maybe even a year or more. Any prospective investors should be prepared for movements in either direction, and if they think they may need the cash in a year or two, then it's too much.

It will go up again eventually, and when it does, it will be fast. So in the meantime, maybe just put in what you,re willing to invest and forget (like a 401k?) and then no problem.  Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:49:36 AM

Always bet along the dominant trend.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:59:56 AM

You didn't lose money until you sold. Should have held longer weak hand. You are going to be kicking yourself even harder when this rebounds.

This kind of advice is what got Veronica into her trouble in the first place.

Veronica, I have been in similar situation, I can imagine how you feel. But you made a progress - you learnt from your mistake and you cut your losses, although very late.

Bitcoin may fall even lower. In that case, you can buy again - this time doing more thorough full research on what is a good point to buy. this way you may recoup some of your losses - or even make a gain. And do better than hodlers that bought at the price similar to yours. this is probably the last think you are inclined to do now, but give it a thought when you will mourn your loss.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:02:11 AM

Always bet along the dominant trend.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, most of investment "advise" on this forum is to buy at any price - especially when bitcoin is "on sale" a.k.a. falling
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:02:47 AM

despair phase

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
TERA

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:21:17 AM

despair phase
Do you realize you are referring to a chart that bitcoiners themselves disagree with.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:12:54 AM

I am sorry for your loss but really ...what was this a SURE FIRE GET RICH QUICK scheme ??

For gods sake grow up ...how long have you been invested 3 months ??

So let me get this straight the get rich quick scheme took longer than 3 months so I am out...like WTF

Never invest money that you cant afford to lose...Equity investors talk about min 2-5 year investment timelines

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:48:03 AM

Buy it back soon, or get left behind:

You can forgive yourself for losing a couple of thousands, but you will never forgive yourself for missing out on millions.

We are in the eye of the storm. You can choose to sink or ride it out.
TERA

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:49:36 AM

You can forgive yourself for losing a couple of thousands, but you will never forgive yourself for missing out on millions.

Can you please post this chart again with current prices on it.
TERA

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:56:18 AM

I wish it was just 1 coin.  This was my sure thing so I could stay at home with my daughter.  I feel so stupid.   Cry

Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
No such thing as a sure thing.

Depending on how it is meant, this is a really stupid advice. Obviously it is a good idea not to invest money and thereby risk your short term liquidity. But when it comes to things like retirement, which you also can't afford to lose, how can you have money and not be invested? Name a single way to keep money safe and risk-free for 20 years!
Diversification. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose into a single thing.

Take me for example. I am a 'bear' around here yet 25% of my net worth is in bitcoin. Most people would consider a 25% investment into something to be ridiculous and foolish. I'm actually a bull but not enough to currently engage in being unreasonably leveraged into bitcoin.
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:57:47 AM

Can you please post this chart again with current prices on it.
Sure.

igepott

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:58:30 AM

I will not Lose My Faith In bitcoin just because of some fiat value fall. Some news may have affected the value of bitcoin to decrease, but it’s not going to make bitcoin disappear. In fact, after the issue, bitcoin is gaining value again soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: