Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin foundation needs to MARKET  (Read 529 times)
bgibs740 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:40:51 AM

I'm not a fan of Dogecoin, but I like their marketing.  All bitcoin needs to is make sure that the other 75% who do not know bitcoin at least here the name.  Because when I heard about this technology recently, I was hooked right away and I believe that will be the case for many many more.  Then the ones that pick if up right away can help explain the benefits to the rest.  Its a definite game changer but can't just sit back and wait for adoption or a more savy marketer with an inferior product could win.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:51:57 AM

I'm not a fan of Dogecoin, but I like their marketing.  All bitcoin needs to is make sure that the other 75% who do not know bitcoin at least here the name.  Because when I heard about this technology recently, I was hooked right away and I believe that will be the case for many many more.  Then the ones that pick if up right away can help explain the benefits to the rest.  Its a definite game changer but can't just sit back and wait for adoption or a more savy marketer with an inferior product could win.

It's too early. The general public cannot make their own paper wallet, the exchanges keep falling like flies, and the community doesn't have the infrastructure to police itself.

Bitcoin needs strong infrastructure so the general public can use it as easily as they use a credit card. And if you have a couple guys steel a bunch of coin, it would be very helpful if the Bitcoin community had a team that could investigate and recover stolen coin. No government will, and they shouldn't.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:42:33 AM

bitcoin will survive due to features, businesses and services. thus marketing is not the top agenda.

however dogecoin is on a marketing frenzy as they need people to buy their worthless and useless coin. purely to dump out without much of a loss..

im sorry but its true, most altcoins have no real world benefit, apart from a few cloned versions of satoshi dice and a few forums/trading platforms.

hense why doge is under 200 satoshi's (micro pennies) instead of the many millibitcoins (dollars) whih they proposed as being 'fair market' at their launch

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
MeandMissNoob

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

Still trying to find out why there are so much haters against Doge. Why not hate all Alt's then?
Im not a developer or have progammer skills so I dont know much about the benefits some of the coins bring.

But I don't think Dogecoins are worthless as a coin, because they bring a lot of new people into cryptocurrency.
Dogecoin community helps people out by funding all sort of projects.

Maybe Doge is not so stupid as you might think, but heey thats just my opinion.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

True popularity comes with value, not with Marketing.

Marketing is something capitalism needs to make you buy tablets and new phones every 3 years in order to make you stay at work for 9 hours a day.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: