Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs - Which team are you rooting for?  (Read 5019 times)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:36:00 AM

Clippers for sure. NBA playoffs have seemed so rigged so far though. Refs trying way too hard to extend each series to 7 games.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:36:53 AM

Clippers for sure. NBA playoffs have seemed so rigged so far though. Refs trying way too hard to extend each series to 7 games.

when does the nba not seem rigged anyways? i think they most likely are rigged, but i'm not sure how. do they decide who wins, or do they just decide who covers the line?
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:51:56 AM

when does the nba not seem rigged anyways? i think they most likely are rigged, but i'm not sure how. do they decide who wins, or do they just decide who covers the line?

I feel like the refs and the executives are in on it, but the players are not. I mean sometimes you can tell when the players are trying to cover the over, when the game is already decided and there are one or two guys still playing their hardest.. But generally speaking it seems like only the refs are the ones who know what the outcome is supposed to be
beetcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:55:04 AM

btw, i only care about may 20th, when the lakers get their pick. clippers can burn in hell for all i care. we have something like a 20% chance to land a top 3 pick.. which means a franchise-type player. i consider wiggins, embid, and exum to be franchise type players, so i really hope we land a top 3.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:02:11 AM

btw, i only care about may 20th, when the lakers get their pick. clippers can burn in hell for all i care. we have something like a 20% chance to land a top 3 pick.. which means a franchise-type player. i consider wiggins, embid, and exum to be franchise type players, so i really hope we land a top 3.

Think they will go after Carmelo or Lebron? I think Carmelo is more of a possibility than Lebron...
beetcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:04:41 AM

Think they will go after Carmelo or Lebron? I think Carmelo is more of a possibility than Lebron...

lebron won't come to LA. carmelo will imo either go to chicago or stay in new york.. i think more likely he's going to chicago though.

i really hope he doesn't come to LA. i don't think he's a great fit, and he's already 30+ now. if we don't end up with a top 3 pick, i'm okay with trading our pick for a player who is youngish and can contribute.. like kevin love. we could just get him in free agency though.. just build the pieces until 2015. kobe's contract is killing the lakers' cap space though.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:26:06 AM

I was rooting for the Mavs tonight
Gutting defeat now I have to find a new team to root for
Any suggestions?

beetcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:26:35 AM

Any suggestions?

i'd say the spurs, but considering today's events.. i don't know.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:26:28 AM

This year has been good so far.
I find it hard to get excited about the NBA Playoffs since pro basketball has proven to be fixed/rigged/corrupt more than once.
An upset by Dallas would have been exciting, but the Spurs are a quality team.

The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story, after they have been in a tailspin the last month.

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:05:07 AM

Anybody following the NBA Playoffs this year? Been a really exciting first round so far! Smiley

I haven't been following in a while, but maybe I'll catch a few games this year to see if Michael Jordan can win one more!
He's still around, right?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

I haven't been following in a while, but maybe I'll catch a few games this year to see if Michael Jordan can win one more!

Good one  Cheesy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

Any suggestions?

Mavs are my team too.   Since they are gone, I am defaulting to the Clippers because that is where I am from...
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:23:02 PM

Anybody following the NBA Playoffs this year? Been a really exciting first round so far! Smiley

His shoes are still around, that's about it.   His team now is the Charlotte Bobcats who just got swept by the Miami Heat.  Despite being swept, it was a huge accomplishment for them to even make the playoffs because they have been so pitiful up until this point.
beetcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:56:10 PM

I find it hard to get excited about the NBA Playoffs since pro basketball has proven to be fixed/rigged/corrupt more than once.

The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story, after they have been in a tailspin the last month.

i don't see indiana doing jack. hibbert is handicapped for whatever reason. the reason why they were such a problem for miami last year was their size down low.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

The Pacers are in the middle of the largest collapse I have ever seen for a 1 seed in the NBA.  The coach was basically playing for his job in that last game 7
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:04:33 PM

i don't see indiana doing jack. hibbert is handicapped for whatever reason. the reason why they were such a problem for miami last year was their size down low.

Something has happened with the team.   I don't know what it is, but I am sure that some info will come out after the season.  #1 seeds don't have monumental fails like that Pacers have done after the All Star Break, and part of these playoffs.   Hibberts stats are ridiculous.   I mean the guy can basically touch the rim without even jumping.   How is it humanly possible to have stats so low...  There has to be something else going on that we all don't know about.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:57:02 PM

The Pacers are in the middle of the largest collapse I have ever seen for a 1 seed in the NBA.  The coach was basically playing for his job in that last game 7

I know they have serious issues:
That is why The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story.  Smiley

keithers
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:06:18 AM

I know they have serious issues:
That is why The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story.  Smiley

Yeah, it would make a decent story, but by the way they are playing, they have seriously no chance.   They probably won't even get past Washington. 
beetcoin

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

Something has happened with the team.   I don't know what it is, but I am sure that some info will come out after the season.  #1 seeds don't have monumental fails like that Pacers have done after the All Star Break, and part of these playoffs.   Hibberts stats are ridiculous.   I mean the guy can basically touch the rim without even jumping.   How is it humanly possible to have stats so low...  There has to be something else going on that we all don't know about.

i heard some theories that he could be injured.. it would explain a lot. but it doesn't explain the lack of team chemistry though. either way, indiana  is not going very far this year.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:11:42 AM

That is way too easy for the Heat.
At least hockey might be exciting.

I know round 1 of the NBA had several great series, but the Eastern conference is looking really lame now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: