Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay - the first tech giant to accept Bitcoin?  (Read 6711 times)
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

i don't know about that - where are most of the bitcoins sitting? america is far ahead of the game.. and it also depends on how much overstock's business model relies on international sales vs. domestic.
I'd love to know how you came to the conclusion that most bitcoins are sitting in america, and exactly what you mean by "america is far ahead of the game".  I think you'll find that the volume and magnitude of transactions in China dwarfs those in America, and that general acceptance and positive government responses to Bitcoin usage is far higher in the UK, Europe, and Australia.  I'll concede that there are more vendors in America accepting it right now, and certainly the likes of Overstock are the biggest of these, but to assume that most bitcoin expenditure occurs in America and they wouldn't benefit from international sales is a little short-sighted.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:19:57 AM

They mean accepting as in you can buy things on eBay using Bitcoin. They aren't "accepting," they are just allowing people to auction them. Two very different things.

Users here tend to over-hype the positive news. Ebay is no where close to accepting Bitcoins. But the fact that they are no longer banning users for auctioning Bitcoin-related stuff means that they are moving in the right direction.

Wow, still I think this is quite good news.  Even if ebay themselves aren't accepting, it's great to know that they're allowing auctions that use them.  To be honest, when I can use my bitcoins on amazon, I'll probably start spending them a lot more.  I've basically just been holding what I have (and occasionally gambling).  Amazon is a marketplace I definitely use regularly.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:16:28 AM

They mean accepting as in you can buy things on eBay using Bitcoin. They aren't "accepting," they are just allowing people to auction them. Two very different things.

Users here tend to over-hype the positive news. Ebay is no where close to accepting Bitcoins. But the fact that they are no longer banning users for auctioning Bitcoin-related stuff means that they are moving in the right direction.

Wow, still I think this is quite good news.  Even if ebay themselves aren't accepting, it's great to know that they're allowing auctions that use them.  To be honest, when I can use my bitcoins on amazon, I'll probably start spending them a lot more.  I've basically just been holding what I have (and occasionally gambling).  Amazon is a marketplace I definitely use regularly.

They did say that they are looking into Paypal accepting Bitcoins as well. So it looks like we'll be able to pay using Bitcoin for any items (if they do what they got the patent for).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
hensi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:31:47 AM

They did say that they are looking into Paypal accepting Bitcoins as well. So it looks like we'll be able to pay using Bitcoin for any items (if they do what they got the patent for).
Will we be able to covert bitcoins to usd directly through paypal??
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:54:36 AM

Will we be able to covert bitcoins to usd directly through paypal??

They didn't say anything about that, and I don't think it will happen. By Paypal allowing transfer of Bitcoin for purchases, they are simply mediating sales. If they allow conversion, it brings up more laws and regulations. Being that they are a registered money transmitter it's definitely possible, I just don't think that they want to get into the business of exchanges like that.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Josephhu

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:56:56 AM

Cant wait to see it happens  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: