Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:59:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I talked with Amazon Live Support today...  (Read 18930 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 12:54:15 AM

Me:Question about payment methods.
Ganeshan:Hello, my name is Ganeshan.
I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Greetings, I wanted to know more about your payment methods
Ganeshan:We accept credit cards, debit cards, payment from U.S. checking accounts, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Payments Stored Balance, and Amazon.com Store Card. You can also purchase gift card codes at Western Union locations in the U.S.
Me:I heard on TV that you are accepting bitcoin. Is this true?
Ganeshan:Here are the credit cards we accept:
American Express
- Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
- Discover
- MasterCard
- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
- Eurocard
- JCB
- NYCE
Just a moment.
Thank you for waiting.
We don't accept bitcoin as a payment method on our website at this point.
Me:That's disappointing. Do you know if you will be anytime soon?
Ganeshan:I'm sorry, we don't have more information about that. But I will pass your message on to the appropriate department in our company.
Please let me know if you still have any other questions. I'm hear to help you.
Me:Thank you. I really look forward to using your site with bitcoin soon. I think it is the best new technology out there.
Thanks for the help. Good bye!
Ganeshan:Thanks for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon.
Good bye.!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:16:43 PM

Keep it going people!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:47:19 AM

I sent an email to these guys to see if they will accept Bitcoins: http://www.irs.gov/

I will let you know.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:53:34 AM

I sent an email to these guys to see if they will accept Bitcoins: http://www.irs.gov/

I will let you know.
I dare someone to send a private key loaded with Bitcoins with instructions on how to redeem it to the IRS as their yearly tax payment.
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:14:14 AM

Its not like Amazon is going to increase it sales by accepting bitcoins

No, but it could make some easy money by investing in BTC.

1) Acquire many BTC (100,000 or more) cheaply (under 10 USD/BTC).
2) Announce that they will be accepting bitcoin.
3) Wait.
4) Sell.

They could easily get 5x their initial investment and it would (IMO) be low risk.

They wouldn't even need to do that, just accept them, yea prices will go up fast for a while, but the increased market for them(buying and selling goods) would drastically increase the price thereafter.  Likely before they had a chance to cash out, thus they would have more value by the time they cashed out, so lets say a 20 dollar item, they'd make over 40 dollars, easy on that.

Just an idea to possibly remind them.
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:07:26 AM

I will let you know.
I dare someone to send a private key loaded with Bitcoins with instructions on how to redeem it to the IRS as their yearly tax payment.

You first! Those fucking Neo-Nazis scare me. I've been audited before and they knew shit about me that I forgot about years ago.

*Walks away, very, very slowly, buys a plane ticket to some very, very, far away place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 03:36:06 AM

Its not like Amazon is going to increase it sales by accepting bitcoins

No, but it could make some easy money by investing in BTC.

1) Acquire many BTC (100,000 or more) cheaply (under 10 USD/BTC).
2) Announce that they will be accepting bitcoin.
3) Wait.
4) Sell.

They could easily get 5x their initial investment and it would (IMO) be low risk.

They wouldn't even need to do that, just accept them, yea prices will go up fast for a while, but the increased market for them(buying and selling goods) would drastically increase the price thereafter.  Likely before they had a chance to cash out, thus they would have more value by the time they cashed out, so lets say a 20 dollar item, they'd make over 40 dollars, easy on that.

Just an idea to possibly remind them.

After acquiring 100K BTC, when the price doubles or triples, spend the profit on computer upgrades and the like. Spend down to the original 100K of which they keep on the books. Only spend again when there's a increase in BTC. Hell with converting it to fiat. Worse case scenario down the road, Bitcoin crashes and they lose the 100K BTC but have 200K+ of products and services. But that won't happen, for if just one major entity started amassing coins via acceptance, others will follow suit, then Wam Bam Thank You Mam--Bitcoin is mainstream!

~Bruno~
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 08:46:11 AM

If you people are really into talking to Amazon support, don't forget to remember them that bitcoin can be a strong competitor to Paypal, which belongs to e-bay, a direct competitor of Amazon. Wink
nefanon

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:05:01 PM

If you people are really into talking to Amazon support, don't forget to remember them that bitcoin can be a strong competitor to Paypal, which belongs to e-bay, a direct competitor of Amazon. Wink
+1
DoubleIcaras

Activity: 70

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:50:53 PM

+50000

Help support Bitcoin awareness in London! Donate to it here: 1F6MCoBMwmfpT5fruvCUjirFEybhLe5c1C
Or get involved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58539.0
Coinabul (OP)

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 05:19:38 PM

Send an email to ThinkGeek specifically at: payment [atspamprotection] thinkgeek.com
I want to buy some tactical bacon with Bitcoin!

-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:23:38 PM

Send an email to ThinkGeek specifically at: payment [atspamprotection] thinkgeek.com

-Jon
"Send" or "sent"? As in, did you send it, or are you telling us we should send it?

Coinabul (OP)

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 05:35:26 PM

-Jon
"Send" or "sent"? As in, did you send it, or are you telling us we should send it?
I sent one already, I'm suggesting other people should do the same Smiley

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:43:40 PM

I will let you know.

That would be awesome.  Casascius..?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 06:07:52 PM

Everyone who uses Bitcoins should really try to send a few emails to companies they like
asking them when they will start using them.

When it comes to small-medium sized companies or websites 5 emails during a year
can really make a difference. Most of them actually got nothing to lose only to gain from it.

Sent email to:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/

Suggested bitcoin as a feature improvement.

Told them that I would rather give Bitcoins to the artists than to a payment service (I mean money.)
and that they would have zero risc of chargebacks.

"Hi there
Thanks for the suggestion, we will ask our transactions team about this.
Team Pledge"

Sent email to:

Voddler.com

Still no reply.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:42:48 AM

http://www.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/will-you-be-selling-in-game-goods-for-bitcoins.16430

You never know who might start using it...
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 07:56:11 AM

This guy just pulled out of E3 because he doesn't like the ESA supporting SOPA. He claims that Occupy Wall Street and things like that are really meaningful to him. This might actually be a good opportunity for bitcoin if we can communicate to them the philosophical reasons to accept and support the technology.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/01/why-one-game-developer-is-skipping-e3-to-start-an-anti-sopa-crusade.ars

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 12:30:13 PM

You might want to bet on this one8. So far bitcoin users don't look too convinced Amazon would embrace bitcoin any soon Smiley

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:14:35 PM

You might want to bet on this one8. So far bitcoin users don't look too convinced Amazon would embrace bitcoin any soon Smiley

Don't look too convinced? Amazon accepting Bitcoin by March is about as likely as Hollywood deciding to embrace piracy...

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 08:26:41 PM

Don't look too convinced? Amazon accepting Bitcoin by March is about as likely as Hollywood deciding to embrace piracy...

Not because it's not in their own interests, but only because Amazon is an American corporation, and thus a creation of the state.  The ire of government is likely the only thing that Amazon fears.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: