Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free BTC at MIT  (Read 5994 times)
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:36:19 PM

http://bitcoin.mit.edu/announcing-the-mit-bitcoin-project/

Wow $100 for free, like the students at MIT need more free money.  How about giving it to a homeless shelter instead?

I think you misunderstood the situation. Giving the students $100 in btc was not a charitable donation. Most of these students don't need handouts.Instead they are trying to draw more bright young minds into BTC. A lot of valuable contributions, startups, and innovation could come from a select group like this.
A $100 "donation" to MIT students will likely go a lot further then giving $100 to a homeless person/shelter. The MIT student will likely eventually contribute to society in some way (hopefully this project will make some of them make their contribution somewhat bitcoin related). On the other hand the homeless simply drain from society

I'm not sure if you are trying to agree with me or argue my point? And homeless people do not drain from society.
I am agreeing that giving the bitcoin to MIT students was a good idea/investment.

Many homeless people need to live in homeless shelters and the homeless shelters are at least partially funded by taxpayers and donations (by society). Your typical homeless person does not have a job or other earned income/assets. Therefore they give nothing to society (in the form of working, and earning their own way) but they use tax money (money from society - money that is given to the shelters) and therefore are a drain to society. This does not even take into consideration the amount of police, prison, and medical resources that crimes of the homeless commit and the fact that many homeless people have drug addiction issues (more using of societies resources and no contributing to society).
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:19:53 AM

When did I say we should give $100 worth of bitcoin to people on this board? You seem confused, in general.

I didn't say you did, DUMB ASS.

Oh, I'm sorry. You very obviously implied that I did say that, and now you are going back on your word. Please forgive me for being a man of integrity and intelligence, unlike yourself.
Alex_green

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:36:44 AM

The shops that accept the coin can think that there is a real history and therefore real value in the coins they accept.
Denise520

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:24:18 AM

Sounds good. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: