Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 07:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else have a feeling NXT is about to explode?  (Read 9185 times)
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:35:14 PM

Yep...poor Max.

On the NXT take-off.....the problem with most crypto's is that they are completely useless, except as an instrument for speculation.
There are only a handful of cryptos that actually have useful features.
NXT is working very hard on building up a complete financial eco-system, and a lot of that work is going to start paying off in the next few weeks as features and projects come to maturity and go live. AE was just the start, there's a hell of a lot to come yet.

I hope so EvilDave. I think its a great concept and hopefully they can take it pretty for based on the firepower they've accumulated.

Now everyone and their mother is starting a coin with a decentralized exchange but really NXT should be flattered because they were one of the first innovators of the idea.

I agree with your statement about the uselessness of cryptos. Most devs aren't even trying anymore to pretend their coin will eventually have some real-world application.

I did rake in some sweet doges in a few world cup matches, but other than that, yeah coins in general are more just like collectors mementos.

Actually asset issuance was first made by Ripple (its Ripples native function). But in Ripple is fully decentralized, if you issue an asset in Ripple you can choose in which currency to trade it (or make your own currency to trade it), in which order books to be and which fees to use for trading (or no fees at all). It was made almost 2 years ago.

Native functions of Ripple: Instant transactions, asset issuance, gateways, currency issuance etc etc...sounds familiar with Nxt development? ---> we want to create instant transactions, asset issuance, we want to create gateways, we want to create monetary system (fancy name for currency issuance)....if there was no data storage coins (from which next copied digital goods store) you can pretty much say that only thing they do is try to copy Ripple with fancy names included and extremely bad programming (in ripple asset trading is instant, gateways are decentralizzed and not run by devs even you can be your own gateway etc etc).

Now Ripple introduced Smart Contracts https://ripple.com/blog/smart-oracles-building-business-logic-with-smart-contracts/ wait till Nxt copies that and gives it some fancy name like "von Clevernous of Contractorous" lol

EDIT: oh and I forgot aliases...also copy from ripple Smiley
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:55:48 PM

This explosion will kill LTC.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:57:04 PM

hey atoni,

Ripple is not decentralized, so all those functions don't have a meaning. All those functions already existed before Ripple - centralized exchanges (forex and stock exchanges), instant transactions (Paypal and many other digital payment systems), aliases (DNS system), everything else. Ripple just put them all together, but it's still centralized. If you need centralized, just use what was before Ripple that I listed above.
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

hey atoni,

Ripple is not decentralized, so all those functions don't have a meaning. All those functions already existed before Ripple - centralized exchanges (forex and stock exchanges), instant transactions (Paypal and many other digital payment systems), aliases (DNS system), everything else. Ripple just put them all together, but it's still centralized. If you need centralized, just use what was before Ripple that I listed above.

Lets see, Rippled servers are run on over 1000 different entities around the world. Nxt is run on 100 nodes (or maybe 150 by now). Which one is more centralized?
devphp

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:01:59 PM

Check the numbers, then come back. In Ripple there are validators and all the others.
strspeed

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:04:27 PM

Hi,

I want to invest in one of these two. I'm having trouble figuring out who controls all the ripples. Also is it true that ripple labs copyrighted the term "ripple"?

To the moon G!
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:09:02 PM

Check the numbers, then come back. In Ripple there are validators and all the others.

Every Rippled server is validator Smiley
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:11:30 PM

Hi,

I want to invest in one of these two. I'm having trouble figuring out who controls all the ripples. Also is it true that ripple labs copyrighted the term "ripple"?

To the moon G!

Ripple is still in beta, only small portion has been issued. Nxt is mostly held by its founder and his alts. You can find good blog post on Szalasz blog where its explained how they released only about 25% of currency to people. Ripple as term cannot be copyrighted, ripple effect etc, its generic term.
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

All these nxt threads, I really cant make up my mind if they are a plus for nxt or not.

There are as many good for nxt as there are against, I guess its free advertising either way, and people will make there own mind, but for sure nxt has caught the imagination of both the lovers and the fighters..

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:15:31 PM

Hi,

To the moon G!

Ripple is still in beta, only small portion has been issued. Nxt is mostly held by its founder and his alts. You can find good blog post on Szalasz blog where its explained how they released only about 25% of currency to people. Ripple as term cannot be copyrighted, ripple effect etc, its generic term.

The only real downside to ripple is trading in the damn things, as far as I can see there is only one place to buy them from <----- correct me if I'm wrong though please.

I seriously looked at ripple 2 weeks ago and am now wishing I had got some, the issue I have now is when will the bubble burst ?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:17:44 PM

Hi,

To the moon G!

Ripple can't be copyrighted because it's a generic term? Are you sure? Then why does Apple have a copyright?
devphp

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:18:09 PM

Ripple and BitShares networks are:
servers (called validators in Ripple and delegates in BitShares) + clients.

NXT is a peer-to-peer network, that means every node is both a server and a client.

Two different approaches.
Ripple and BitShares are distributed networks.
NXT is a truely decentralized p2p network.
Touque

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

Now Ripple introduced Smart Contracts https://ripple.com/blog/smart-oracles-building-business-logic-with-smart-contracts/ wait till Nxt copies that and gives it some fancy name like "von Clevernous of Contractorous" lol

Yes, while Ripple is still talking about the concept of Smart Contracts, Nxt has done the coding and is implementing the Smart Contracts - https://nxtforum.org/smart-contracts/express-your-wish-(smart-contracts)/
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:20:52 PM

Ripple and BitShares networks are:
servers (called validators in Ripple and delegates in BitShares) + clients.

NXT is a peer-to-peer network, that means every node is both a server and a client.

Two different approaches.
Ripple and BitShares are distributed networks.
NXT is a truely decentralized p2p network.

Everyone can run Ripple server, same as everyone can run nxt wallet. So Ripple is truly decentralized p2p network. And you do not have to run ripple client to run server too. its your choice.
devphp

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:21:59 PM

Everyone can run Ripple server

What is the incentive?
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

All these nxt threads, I really cant make up my mind if they are a plus for nxt or not.

There are as many good for nxt as there are against, I guess its free advertising either way, and people will make there own mind, but for sure nxt has caught the imagination of both the lovers and the fighters..

I am not fighter, I just dont like to see something called innovative when its actually a shitclone. And I hope all crypto currencies go up, if people lose on alts they will not have money to buy bitcoin which currently sets the trends of crypto in world.
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Everyone can run Ripple server

What is the incentive?

Its mostly run by businesses, banks, gateways, and eco system developers because with rippled server you do a lot more then only with client.

Isnt that funny question to come from nxt supporter when next community was the one calling people to run wallets so network doesnt cripple? since noone wanted to run them as they get like 0,1% a year.
devphp

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

Its mostly run by businesses, banks, gateways, and eco system developers because with rippled server you do a lot more then only with client.

So, are you saying it's mostly centrally regulated entities running ripple servers? Well, just like I said, it's not decentralized. It just means the network has more than one center, but they are still centers.
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:30:04 PM

Hi,

To the moon G!

The only real downside to ripple is trading in the damn things, as far as I can see there is only one place to buy them from <----- correct me if I'm wrong though please.

I seriously looked at ripple 2 weeks ago and am now wishing I had got some, the issue I have now is when will the bubble burst ?

You can buy it at many places, bitstamp, kraken, justcoin, ripplechina, ripplejapan, ripplesingapur, snapswap, rippleisrael, therock trading etc, maybe this link helps you: http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

But I dont know how good it is for speculations, I use ripple only to transfer fiat from exchange to exchange to do arbitrage on bitcoin. When bitinstant got closed most of us traders got cut out since we had to start paying extremely big fees for bank wires out from 1 exchange and into another. I hope ripple gets adopted by more exchanges because it solves that issue and is around 1000 times cheaper then bitinstant was.

Edit: not to mention speed, when i sent 10,000 USD from bitstamp anywhere I get it in 2 seconds while with bank wire I had to wait 3 days to arrive to me and then 3 days to arrive at exchange.
atoni

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:32:30 PM

So, are you saying it's mostly centrally regulated entities running ripple servers? Well, just like I said, it's not decentralized. It just means the network has more than one center, but they are still centers.

Those are your words not mine, most of rippled servers are run by developers  and ripple supporters. Although business and banks run them too.

And your logic is really funny, so if 100 nodes run nxt that doesnt mean that network has more then 1 center but they are still centers? lol (now compare that to over 1000 of ripple and tell me which is more centralized).

EDIT: wouldnt you be happy if amazon started to accept nxt and run a wallet or would you call it central control situation? (I would be happy if amazon started to accept any crypto, so that you know my stand).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: