Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRO] Monero logo contest on 99designs.com  (Read 17025 times)
Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:10:10 PM

Coloring like Stablecoin! This makes me feel like the nostalgia is now within my reach. SBC made similar promises to what this coin offers, but the dev was unfortunately not able to deliver due to life taking precedence.

This with the over-emphasized M makes me feel like I'm taking part in something big, powerful and exciting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:17:04 PM

I like the green esperanto and the metallic lock logo.

The green esperato logo is really stylish and reference to esperanto. Great!
The idea of a lock in the logo is also nice Smiley Can't decide at the moment
Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

The eye thing is kind of awkward for me. Any reason you put it there? Looks clean though!
I agree about eye, made it less active for convenience.
"M" crossed out or closes the eye (supervision). It represents the anonymity of transactions in the system.

From simple to complex:)
http://s25.postimg.org/mg19qla0f/monero2224.png

The de-emphasis revision brings out the M much better! I'm no longer constantly looking at the eye Smiley

This might shift the undertone to that of being constantly watched for some though, but as usual it's probably just me that has that thought.

I like the highlighted 'one', that's fantastic. Nice play here includes the sign being MRO, and that 'one' is left just works nice in my head. Like MRO is designed for me.

Out of the three, #1 stands out the most.
Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:25:12 PM

First thought here is that I've won something. I feel like I'm winning every time I look at this. Even better is that nothing about the image says that there's a catch, just pure winning Smiley

The texturing on your second one makes me think of a record. Nobody can put down that they sound the best.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

I would suggest not to add the word "coin" on the logo.

"monero + coin" is a pleonasm... (something like "money coin"

And the word "coin" is confusing because we are not dealing with physical coins, just "money" Wink
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:04:16 AM

I think most of you guys are a bit too fixated on "coins". Reading through through the Monero thread, it feels a bit like Darkcoin at the beginning, technology first, design second, which is a good thing if you ask me. Monero is more than just another "coin" it seems, it needs to have a distinctive professional logo which inspires confidence. Here are my first two quick concepts which I'm going to be working on. The colors and designs aren't final (at all) so I'll be putting more work into them with feedback from this thread.

And one which is a lot easier to recognize but still retains a unique character (monero font isn't final)

Let me know what you think. Personally, I think I'm moving in the right direction design wise, these are the kinds of logos which will help make Monero a huge hit by helping it distinguish itself from simple "coins"

edit: I definitely think the "M" used is very distinctive for the official Monero "M"

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
MoneroExpress

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:02:10 AM

I think most of you guys are a bit too fixated on "coins". Reading through through the Monero thread, it feels a bit like Darkcoin at the beginning, technology first, design second, which is a good thing if you ask me. Monero is more than just another "coin" it seems, it needs to have a distinctive professional logo which inspires confidence. Here are my first two quick concepts which I'm going to be working on. The colors and designs aren't final (at all) so I'll be putting more work into them with feedback from this thread.

And one which is a lot easier to recognize but still retains a unique character (monero font isn't final)

Let me know what you think. Personally, I think I'm moving in the right direction design wise, these are the kinds of logos which will help make Monero a huge hit by helping it distinguish itself from simple "coins"

edit: I definitely think the "M" used is very distinctive for the official Monero "M"

Im loving what you have come up with. You are definitely in the right direction. I have some feedback though. Monero emphasizes on being the most anonymous currency till now. Every transaction is completely stealth. Would like to see some privacy inspired design. Like someone did a shield design. And yeah, would love to see something in combination of gray with red,blue or green
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:32:07 PM

Im loving what you have come up with. You are definitely in the right direction. I have some feedback though. Monero emphasizes on being the most anonymous currency till now. Every transaction is completely stealth. Would like to see some privacy inspired design. Like someone did a shield design. And yeah, would love to see something in combination of gray with red,blue or green

Are those simply colours you like or are they from some other logo? As far as the padlocks and shields, we went through all that on the new darkcoin logo, it didn't look too good after all was said and done but I'll try something new.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:52:53 PM

Wow
First 2 look epic!

pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:56:02 PM

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
DartMaul

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:02:35 PM

Thanks a lot to all of people who vote for my submission!!!
Many new great ideas at new topic, good luck to all!  Smiley
SomeRelax

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:26:24 PM

hey guys, is the bounty still valid?
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

What happened here? It looks like the middle of the picture is missing?

A problem with hoster ?

Wow dude.... those logos are out of this world!!! They are ABSOLUTELY stunning.

monero (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 134

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:48:45 AM

hey guys, is the bounty still valid?

Yes. The more submission the better. Smiley
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:23:34 AM

nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:31:01 AM

A problem with hoster ?

Wow dude.... those logos are out of this world!!! They are ABSOLUTELY stunning.

the first one is so great
kussaka

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Graphic designer

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:20:45 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 04:37:51 PM by kussaka

New:
ILikeMagicBeans

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

A problem with hoster ?

Thats cool!

pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:28:27 PM

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001