Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRO] Monero logo contest on 99designs.com  (Read 17017 times)
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

Nice, Quanttek. What if the key were below the text i.e. attached at the bottom of the M instead of the top? I don't know if it would be better, but it's worth testing and getting feedback. Underlined text looks more "normal" than overlined.

Also, maybe equalize the white space between the M/O and R/O to the same as between the other letters (increase them or decrease the others).

Followed you adviced with the text and M above, but it didn't worked out. It looked strange. Here a screenshot (no styles, just pure forms, also a bit buggy, because I forgot to delete the reflections before closing and discarding changes)

But still followed the advice of equalizing the space between the letters.

So here is the new logo:

I couldn't decide how I should do the lightnig so two variants

High-res

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzpy1bejxag1m78/monero%20key%20logo.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0q7sdprtcnt9e7/monero%20key%20logo%203.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpcb850ahmp9ffn/monero%20key%20logo%202.png

Thank you all for the postive feedback Smiley

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

Please not this, every time I see it the first word that comes to mind is "Boner".
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:16:06 PM

Check this guy's logo out: http://mattiamesaglio.it/

It's clean, modern, and has quite a mysterious quality to it which ties in nicely with Monero's anonymous transaction feature. It would also look good and memorable as an app icon on a mobile phone.

I have no logo making skills, but if someone can do something similar....
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:36:33 PM

Please not this, every time I see it the first word that comes to mind is "Boner".

Well... That's a problem I can't help you with Cheesy

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

Check this guy's logo out: http://mattiamesaglio.it/

It's clean, modern, and has quite a mysterious quality to it which ties in nicely with Monero's anonymous transaction feature. It would also look good and memorable as an app icon on a mobile phone.

I have no logo making skills, but if someone can do something similar....

I'm a fan of flat, ultra-minimalist designs like this. Bitcoin was simple and it worked.

Also, all submissions should propose a "button"-like graphic since that's what represents the currency on exchanges, rankings, payment processors, etc. It can be circular or something else entirely (like syris's shield). A stylized rendering of the word Monero to go along with this is optional.
eizh

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:55:12 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 11:37:40 AM by eizh

super simple app type of logo, works in any color and size

Something I would find interesting is the last design here from sadface, but with a more aggressive M (that one looks somewhat submissive because of the sloped corners). Perhaps like the one syris used in his shield earlier or the very clean one Bosco pointed out.

Another thing to try would be what I described above, but with the M being black in a white background enclosed in a black ring ("ring signature" being a core technology of this coin, heh).
BoscoMurray

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:07:27 PM

I also like sadface's logos. the one on the right especially. I hope you don't mind, I stretched out the legs on the M so folks can see how it might look:

JessicaMILFson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:39:39 AM

Some very nice work in this thread, keep it up!
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:44:55 AM

hey!

thanks for the kind words everyone! Is this going to be a community vote, or will the devs/foundation or so decide ?
It's hard to tell what direction this logo should take.

I'll play around with the legs/shape, thx!

edit: actually pull the m's legs a bit down, it already looks like a roman soldier's helmet.

haha, didn't even see that till you mentioned it Smiley
kussaka

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Graphic designer

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:20:24 AM

(https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FYzvrn6M.png&t=540&c=xaIMTYaFw8TSjQ)

I couldn't decide how I should do the lightnig so two variants

Very interesting idea, Quanttek.
Maybe with white/light shade would look better.
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

hey!

thanks for the kind words everyone! Is this going to be a community vote, or will the devs/foundation or so decide ?

edit: actually pull the m's legs a bit down, it already looks like a roman soldier's helmet.

yeah me neither, only when i looked at it some more. it reminds me of an xmen cover i seen somewhere in my youth.

maybe this gives some inspiration:
https://www.google.com/search?q=x+men+helmet&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TDh3U4PRE4Tb7AapioGoDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=2133&bih=1133&dpr=0.9#q=magneto's+helmet&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

other than that it's already awesome work. very very well done!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 02:15:12 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 02:51:37 PM by David Latapie

Nice upgrade of one of my previous favourites. We'll, a bit gangsta-style, I'd say.

Ok. Agree, but the left one for size 50x50 looks better, I think so, because the black/shadow background pointing out the form "M" very well.
"cryptonote" had to be removed for the 50x50 size to complement the composition.
That's what happened:
Edited old version and new:

On coinmarket:

And on poloniex for review:
I vote this post as the perfect case study. Other should follow this post when submitting logo (that's MY point of view, not an "official monero team" point of view, though)

And for me "Moner". Interesting idea, but I'm not convinced atm.

Since monero is all about fairness, at first sight, I'd say community vote, but we have not decided yet. Maybe a preselection by dev then community vote for the remaining shotlist? This is what I did for Mintcoin - You will always get unhappy people but I think we managed to get less than with other methods.

So, in the end, we still don't know for sure the kind of vote it will be.

Conforta
Now I can say my favourite (of Syris' logos) is Conforta. Although CaviarDreams is a close second.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
BoscoMurray

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:51:25 PM

Could someone recommend good software for this please? I fancy giving it a shot. Ta.
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:21:44 PM

Could someone recommend good software for this please? I fancy giving it a shot. Ta.

Either Photoshop / Illustrator or Gimp / Inkscape.
eizh

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:32:09 PM

hey!

The trouble with a vote on this forum is that it's very easily stuffed (with puppet accounts). I think we'll have a discussion on the monero IRC channel and if a clear winner doesn't emerge, a roll call-type vote can be held. Quality of votes over quantity of votes.

I agree that there isn't much direction given by this contest, but that's because we didn't really know what we want. Tongue Unlike most projects, this one is sort of community-run rather than centralized so there's lots of different opinions to take into account.
mmihail

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

I like the David's logo.
BoscoMurray

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:33:03 PM

This logo has grown on me. So far, this is my favourite.
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:56:03 PM

playing with the M shape, any opinions ?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 06:24:04 PM

Could you add each logo as an independant picture? Easier for referencing. Also, please change "cryptonote" to "monero" on the first logo.

Thank you

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
eizh

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

playing with the M shape, any opinions ?

I like it. A much stronger 'M'. I prefer the top left:

1. The 'folded strip' effect is lost in the bottom versions.
2. A deeper 'V' in the middle looks better.
3. As do vertical sides.

But I am not a fan of grey. A touch of color? Navy blue-like colors are also dark and regal:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: