Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero pool  (Read 14580 times)
archit

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

I've mined hundreds on a test net. If that qualifies. I could even set up a temporary test pool up just demonstrate that it works as expected.

At this point I think it'd be prudent to give you 48h to try to get an actual pool off the ground and demonstrate payouts and block mining, so we can at least give you some small fraction of the reward.

A small fraction, doesn't sound so good but, okay.
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

It's better than nothing, smooth and I agreed if your pool can at least work and you put a lot of effort into it you should be awarded something.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
archit

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:31:13 PM

It's better than nothing, smooth and I agreed if your pool can at least work and you put a lot of effort into it you should be awarded something.

I could set up a pool in ~15 minutes but the hash rate. I don't spend time on IRC and I don't have people whom I could just ask to point some of it at my pool to demonstrate the mining, I have got only about 80 h/s at total
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:32:14 PM

You can advertise your pool in this section:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
archit

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:34:15 PM

Won't doing it all on a testnet suffice?

EDIT: someone asked me to host a pool, might work out
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Won't doing it all on a testnet suffice?

EDIT: someone asked me to host a pool, might work out

I can post it in IRC if you post a link here when its up
richwang

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:08:46 AM

Is Monero pool in development?

dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:03:09 AM

Is Monero pool in development?

There are several Monero pools under operation. See the first page of the ann thread.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:19:07 AM

I've mined hundreds on a test net. If that qualifies. I could even set up a temporary test pool up just demonstrate that it works as expected.

At this point I think it'd be prudent to give you 48h to try to get an actual pool off the ground and demonstrate payouts and block mining, so we can at least give you some small fraction of the reward.

Look, you were much later, and your pool hasn't even been demonstrated to work at all. If you are able to do so, your demonstration will be much, much later. Asking for something like an even split at this point is fairly absurd.

I'm all in favor of having multiple open source pool implementations available for pool operators to choose from. But without some sort of evidence that this is actually a working and workable pool implementation we have nothing to go on in terms of fair judging of the pool award.

Any contended awards will be voted on by the donors. So we are not making a final decision here, but I think our reasoning is sound and will likely be adopted by the donors/voters. (Of course tacotime and myself are major donors, so we have an actual vote as well as our leadership in sorting out the situation.)

archit

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:30:43 AM

Look, you were much later, and your pool hasn't even been demonstrated to work at all. If you are able to do so, your demonstration will be much, much later. Asking for something like an even split at this point is fairly absurd.

I'm all in favor of having multiple open source pool implementations available for pool operators to choose from. But without some sort of evidence that this is actually a working and workable pool implementation we have nothing to go on in terms of fair judging of the pool award.

Any contended awards will be voted on by the donors. So we are not making a final decision here, but I think our reasoning is sound and will likely be adopted by the donors/voters. (Of course tacotime and myself are major donors, so we have an actual vote as well as our leadership in sorting out the situation.)

I know I am much later and I didn't even complain. I'm still trying to get an actual pool off the ground but I can't even pay for the hosting of something like that.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:12:41 PM

I know I am much later and I didn't even complain. I'm still trying to get an actual pool off the ground but I can't even pay for the hosting of something like that.

I can give you access to a VPS to test your pool software.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

I can put up a pool using your code if you want to test as well.
pm me archit have another topic that might interest you.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
archit

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:30:49 PM

mropool.com

It's still in beta testing
jokudaman

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:19:49 PM

mropool.com

Even in beta it is still kickassing (as a monero)
orinoco

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

<3 big picture

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:21:05 AM

mropool.com

Trying to mine to donate hash to get a block and prove the pool works.. but getting failed to connect?

stratum+tcp://mropool.com:7706

Twitter: Omnipreneur
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:28:00 AM

IMPORTANT

I have received a proposal to award 49% of the bounty to zone117x, 49% of the bounty to LucasJones, and 2% to archit.

If there are any objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will proceed to request approval of this award plan by majority vote of the identified contributors. If the vote fails, alternative proposals will be considered, again by majority vote.

If there are no objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will distribute the bounty accordingly.

archit

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:14:39 AM

mropool.com

Trying to mine to donate hash to get a block and prove the pool works.. but getting failed to connect?

stratum+tcp://mropool.com:7706

The server host got a bit messed up
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:24:57 AM

IMPORTANT

I have received a proposal to award 49% of the bounty to zone117x, 49% of the bounty to LucasJones, and 2% to archit.

If there are any objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will proceed to request approval of this award plan by majority vote of the identified contributors. If the vote fails, alternative proposals will be considered, again by majority vote.

If there are no objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will distribute the bounty accordingly.
Was the bounty distributed?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:22:03 AM

IMPORTANT

Was the bounty distributed?

Not yet, but will go out soon (as soon as I am at a location with access to the wallets)
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:46:08 AM

Just donated 18 MRO Smiley Hopefully it come soon, we deeply need it !

Received this. The 18 was not recorded in the first post so the total is now 5457.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: