Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:36:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

nope Sad
I try many times - no trasfer/transaction

Hmmmm, interesting... Could you please try again and then send me the log of the daemon and the wallet in PM by copying them from (Menu) -> Help -> Debug window -> Consoles? (If you are paranoid about your wallet's data like TX IDs, then replace long (at least 50 character) strings with "[hidden]".)

I have a working version of Monero Client implementing RPC support for the wallet as a test, but simplewallet.exe's JSON RPC does not support all the features (for example, payment IDs, which are extremely important) that the terminal do. I would like to ask the wallet developers to find a solution for this ASAP: The daemon supports running the RPC simultaneously with the console, but the wallet does not. Thank You! Smiley

payment id is implemented in rpc. i have it working in alpha kivy gui wallet...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

nope Sad
I try many times - no trasfer/transaction

Hmmmm, interesting... Could you please try again and then send me the log of the daemon and the wallet in PM by copying them from (Menu) -> Help -> Debug window -> Consoles? (If you are paranoid about your wallet's data like TX IDs, then replace long (at least 50 character) strings with "[hidden]".)

I have a working version of Monero Client implementing RPC support for the wallet as a test, but simplewallet.exe's JSON RPC does not support all the features (for example, payment IDs, which are extremely important) that the terminal do. I would like to ask the wallet developers to find a solution for this ASAP: The daemon supports running the RPC simultaneously with the console, but the wallet does not. Thank You! Smiley

payment id is implemented in rpc. i have it working in alpha kivy gui wallet...

You're totally right, I was a bit tired at the time of writing that post. I meant deterministic wallets for example Wink

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
TheNobodies

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:41:57 AM

Jojatekok, thanks, very good client  Roll Eyes let me ask - Russian translation is possible? i can help if you want to do it  Tongue
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:41:26 AM

Jojatekok, thanks, very good client  Roll Eyes let me ask - Russian translation is possible? i can help if you want to do it  Tongue

Every language is possible with the help of the community Wink

Just visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/jojatekok/dashboard/monero-client, register, and then click on the green 'Translate' button!

The next release will be localization-related too, keep watching for it! Cheesy

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
TheNobodies

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:07:33 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 02:43:37 PM by TheNobodies

Jojatekok, thanks, very good client  Roll Eyes let me ask - Russian translation is possible? i can help if you want to do it  Tongue

Every language is possible with the help of the community Wink

Just visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/jojatekok/dashboard/monero-client, register, and then click on the green 'Translate' button!

The next release will be localization-related too, keep watching for it! Cheesy

ok  Smiley

EDIT: done!
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

Monero Client v0.25.0 has been released!
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.25.0

It introduces a new feature: localization at runtime Smiley (So you don't have to close the program in order to switch between languages anymore.)

There are also many core function changes which improve the performance by a lot (just look at the wallet console log printer's responsiveness): Numerous asynchronous operations have been merged into separate threads in order to consume less CPU clocks. More core API-related changes are in the works: stability is enormously important for all of us, isn't it? Wink

EDIT #1: I noticed that the application crashes when it's closed. It cannot cause any kind of data loss, but I'll try to resolve it in the next version.

EDIT #2: Also, non-passphrase-protected wallets will still ask for a passphrase by a mistake because of preparation for the next update. Please keep using v0.24.0 if you have an unprotected wallet!

Code:
TheNobodies

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

Jojatekok, i translated it to Russian  Tongue
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:53:08 PM

was there ever any clarification on when bounty contest ends? July 1st?
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:26:42 PM

Yes, probably. I also requested some clarification about this some posts before. By the way, I just got so passionate about this project that I surely won't cancel its development, even after the bounty ends. Smiley It's just lovely to see all the positive feedback I receive, especially as just a high-schooler.

I'm indescribably grateful for all the translators who are helping to spread the message of Monero around the world. You guys are awesome, and really deserve a shout-out! Wink

Code:
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

Yes, probably. I also requested some clarification about this some posts before. By the way, I just got so passionate about this project that I surely won't cancel its development, even after the bounty ends. Smiley It's just lovely to see all the positive feedback I receive, especially as just a high-schooler.

I'm indescribably grateful for all the translators who are helping to spread the message of Monero around the world. You guys are awesome, and really deserve a shout-out! Wink

Keep up the good work!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
villabacho

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:14:25 PM

I helped with portuguese translation Wink

Great, I just completed the remaining 24 percent of the German translation.

Thanks for all your efforts!!
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:06:03 PM

I can do a Greek and Afrikaans translation if needed.

Edit: I see the Greek translation is 98% complete
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 12:23:29 PM by Jojatekok

Afrikaans would be much appreciated! :O Please visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/jojatekok/dashboard/monero-client Smiley

I have improved the shutdown experience for the next release (including support for non-safe process killing), along with a nice little feature Wink

EDIT: Oh, and I also fixed transaction sending: it turns out that the problem was environment-related with decimals ('.' was interpreted as ',', and simplewallet didn't like it Tongue)

Code:
samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

Serbian translation done!

Jojatekok

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

Thank You! Smiley
I waited only for that to push the next release Wink

Monero Client v0.26.0
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.26.0

This release comes with a handy taskbar icon which should notify you about incoming and outgoing transactions. It also provides a little menu for the key functions. Also, the shutdown function just got a lot more stealth and smooth: exit crashes should not be experienced anymore (but if they do, just send me a report about it Wink).

An important fix is also included for transaction sending with decimal numbers.

No bugs are known yet for this version, so happy hunting for everyone! Cheesy

Code:
HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

Thank You! Smiley
I waited only for that to push the next release Wink

Monero Client v0.26.0
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.26.0

This release comes with a handy taskbar icon which should notify you about incoming and outgoing transactions. It also provides a little menu for the key functions. Also, the shutdown function just got a lot more stealth and smooth: exit crashes should not be experienced anymore (but if they do, just send me a report about it Wink).

An important fix is also included for transaction sending with decimal numbers.

No bugs are known yet for this version, so happy hunting for everyone! Cheesy
So i guess we are ready for the 1st ? Wink
TheNobodies

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

Thanks  Smiley my translation works fine  Roll Eyes but now i got crash:

http://savepic.org/5750097.jpg

I just ran it and left for 5 minutes, when i came i saw this  Smiley
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

A can not keep up with you Jojatekok Smiley. But very nice to see the progress you are making!

I plan on keeping my wallet as simple and stable as possible. I would like to remind people my wallet runs on linux as well (using mono). For a full featured and slik Windows wallet Jojatekoks wallet is definatly the best choice.

I have made some adjustments to polish my wallet: Download v0.2.3
-About dialog added (shows software versions and block height).
-Changed icon (to the one from the branding kit).
-Non-main windows don't show in taskbar any longer.

(versions numbers in the screenshot are wrong, this has already been fixed in the download)
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:41:07 PM

Thanks  Smiley my translation works fine  Roll Eyes but now i got crash:

I just ran it and left for 5 minutes, when i came i saw this  Smiley

Interesting... It's an issue with the RPC service for sure, so only DaemonManager can be affected.

I'll run the application in debug mode while I take a break, so I may be able to reproduce the symptom. Anyway, this is the most stable release yet, so it's recommended for anyone who uses my wallet.

A can not keep up with you Jojatekok Smiley. But very nice to see the progress you are making!

I plan on keeping my wallet as simple and stable as possible. I would like to remind people my wallet runs on linux as well (using mono). For a full featured and slik Windows wallet Jojatekoks wallet is definatly the best choice.

I have made some adjustments to polish my wallet: Download v0.2.3
-About dialog added (shows software versions and block height).
-Changed icon (to the one from the branding kit).
-Non-main windows don't show in taskbar any longer.

(versions numbers in the screenshot are wrong, this has already been fixed in the download)

Thank you for mentioning my Client, it is a pleasure for me. I have to admit that the initial inspiration for me was your WinForms project, and it also seems like a viable multiplatform alternative for an official wallet GUI. It fills me with happiness and joy to meet awesome people like everyone here. We will definitely take Monero to the Moon! Wink

Code:
qiufeng

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

Afrikaans would be much appreciated! :O Please visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/jojatekok/dashboard/monero-client Smiley

I have improved the shutdown experience for the next release (including support for non-safe process killing), along with a nice little feature Wink
https://i.imgur.com/0wxyLum.png

EDIT: Oh, and I also fixed transaction sending: it turns out that the problem was environment-related with decimals ('.' was interpreted as ',', and simplewallet didn't like it Tongue)
chinese done. please check.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: