Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEW FuelCoin - FC2 Re-Distribution x11/pos 2% interest  (Read 108111 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

Hardfork coming on block 227,000 approx. 1am EST this Friday! Please update to new client before then:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c3fifaooq3ctvin/FUEL.zip

Can you update the github with the new code?

Thanks!

https://github.com/fuelcoindev/fuelcoincode

The great thing about virtual currencies is we can always change the code back if it is not working. View it as a test run. Our large shareholders have been claiming that miners are dumping nonstop to keep the price down and lock in quick profits so we are going to test what happens after the fork.

Can you upload the source properly?  It just a ZIP file.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

Hardfork coming on block 227,000 approx. 1am EST this Friday! Please update to new client before then:

Thanks!

The great thing about virtual currencies is we can always change the code back if it is not working. View it as a test run. Our large shareholders have been claiming that miners are dumping nonstop to keep the price down and lock in quick profits so we are going to test what happens after the fork.

and not only that, it DOES NOT COMPILE.

Can you at least address that?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:33:55 PM

well it is not reducing the total supply just affecting how mining it occurs. the dev wants people to be able to mine this coin for a long time. and wants this coin to be long term. i beleive it is also a drastic change. i suggested the block time be switched to 60 seconds to help with larger miners working on stale work. the block reward im not sure how keen i am on it.

Well, these changes will definitely make mining last awhile - probably 60 years or more.  Kindof ridiculous in my opinion, no one can even begin to predict what the crypto-currency world might be like 3 years from now, let alone over half a century.  Just think - 60 years ago from today we didn't even have color TV.

The existing block reward of 1,000 coins is a reasonable length of time, with roughly 1,388 days of mining (almost 4 years).  Implement some block halving intervals in there and you could easily stretch it out.  

As I said earlier, I have seen others use this strategy in an attempt to inflate the price.  It sounds logical that reducing the mining rewards will eliminate alot of mine-and-dumping, which is often blamed for a drop in price.  In reality, what causes the price to drop isn't miners dumping, but a lack of confidence in the coin in general, which equates to a lack of buyers.  Miners won't dump if they are confident the price will go up.

Such a drastic reduction in mining rewards, and increased block time (and therefore slower transaction confirmation times) will be hurtful to the value of this coin.  The network will slow to a crawl when the new block reward is put in place - no one is going to mine this coin for 1/20th of the value they are getting now, unless of course the price goes up by 20x to compensate (unlikely, without other efforts than the new code base).  Just my humble opinion.

It's pretty obvious that one or more miners are dumping their coins every hour, every day. These miners don't care about what is coming for the coin to sell at such low prices. Reducing block reward will stop that.

Dumpers gonna dump, that is to be expected.  But I can confidently tell you at least 30-50% of the coins being mined each day are not being dumped, because those are being mined by me.

Reducing supply does not automagically increase demand; the only way to raise the market price is to increase the number of coins being bought.  As I said, I have seen this "block reward reduction" strategy attempted on a number of coins, it almost never works, unless it is paired with other aggressive measures to help increase awareness and community confidence. 

sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:45:57 AM

well it is not reducing the total supply just affecting how mining it occurs. the dev wants people to be able to mine this coin for a long time. and wants this coin to be long term. i beleive it is also a drastic change. i suggested the block time be switched to 60 seconds to help with larger miners working on stale work. the block reward im not sure how keen i am on it.

Well, these changes will definitely make mining last awhile - probably 60 years or more.  Kindof ridiculous in my opinion, no one can even begin to predict what the crypto-currency world might be like 3 years from now, let alone over half a century.  Just think - 60 years ago from today we didn't even have color TV.

The existing block reward of 1,000 coins is a reasonable length of time, with roughly 1,388 days of mining (almost 4 years).  Implement some block halving intervals in there and you could easily stretch it out.  

As I said earlier, I have seen others use this strategy in an attempt to inflate the price.  It sounds logical that reducing the mining rewards will eliminate alot of mine-and-dumping, which is often blamed for a drop in price.  In reality, what causes the price to drop isn't miners dumping, but a lack of confidence in the coin in general, which equates to a lack of buyers.  Miners won't dump if they are confident the price will go up.

Such a drastic reduction in mining rewards, and increased block time (and therefore slower transaction confirmation times) will be hurtful to the value of this coin.  The network will slow to a crawl when the new block reward is put in place - no one is going to mine this coin for 1/20th of the value they are getting now, unless of course the price goes up by 20x to compensate (unlikely, without other efforts than the new code base).  Just my humble opinion.

It's pretty obvious that one or more miners are dumping their coins every hour, every day. These miners don't care about what is coming for the coin to sell at such low prices. Reducing block reward will stop that.

Dumpers gonna dump, that is to be expected.  But I can confidently tell you at least 30-50% of the coins being mined each day are not being dumped, because those are being mined by me.

Reducing supply does not automagically increase demand; the only way to raise the market price is to increase the number of coins being bought.  As I said, I have seen this "block reward reduction" strategy attempted on a number of coins, it almost never works, unless it is paired with other aggressive measures to help increase awareness and community confidence. 

Noob to the coin here: So is this coin dead?
FuelCoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:12:01 PM

Noob to the coin here: So is this coin dead?

Haha no. This coin has not even woken up.  http://www.altcointoday.com/?p=13661
FuelCoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:22:57 PM

Thanks!

Sorry about that. Uploaded extracted package to same repository. https://github.com/fuelcoindev/fuelcoincode
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:24:59 PM

Thanks!

Sorry about that. Uploaded extracted package to same repository. https://github.com/fuelcoindev/fuelcoincode

is the compiling issue addressed as well? 2 people have reported issues with that.

Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:57:10 PM

https://twitter.com/fuelcoinNEWS

"Receive approx. 1.5M #FuelCoins for free by hosting your own #FuelMatrix meeting. Contact @altcointoday for details"

"@fuelcoinNEWS  ·  2h
Make sure to contact @altcointoday if you have over 5M #Fuelcoins. We may start paying dividends to stakeholders. Creating an In-house PoS"

The above is from today ... Far from dead

Be sure to follow @fuelcoinnews , @altcointoday and @AltcoinEditor for the latest news and updates on FuelCoin.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
ice00

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:06:32 PM

is the compiling issue addressed as well? 2 people have reported issues with that.

It is probably missing this:

Code:
chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform

I'm rebuild all now and see if works

edit: yes, now it is compiled

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:19:20 PM

Code:

perhaps you need to look at the errors that were posted.

Doesn't matter anyway, since their last update it's crashes even sooner. Can't really understand how these dev's keep anything going or even got the wallet to a point to actually launch this coin.

I'll just be dropping the coin off my pools, which I'm sure they won't care anyway since it all get dumped anyway.

In case they're curious, with a fresh clone of their github:

Building LevelDB ...
find: `.//util': No such file or directory
find: `.//table': No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
In file included from db/builder.cc:7:0:
./db/filename.h:14:23: fatal error: port/port.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 1

zadiume

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

seems like a decent coin to me
ice00

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:04:44 PM

Code:

perhaps you need to look at the errors that were posted.

Doesn't matter anyway, since their last update it's crashes even sooner. Can't really understand how these dev's keep anything going or even got the wallet to a point to actually launch this coin.

I'll just be dropping the coin off my pools, which I'm sure they won't care anyway since it all get dumped anyway.

In case they're curious, with a fresh clone of their github:

Building LevelDB ...
find: `.//util': No such file or directory
find: `.//table': No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/crackers/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
In file included from db/builder.cc:7:0:
./db/filename.h:14:23: fatal error: port/port.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 1

That fix resolve my error:

Code:
obj/txdb.o: In function `bool CLevelDB::Read<std::pair<char, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, char>(std::pair<char, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > const&, char&)':
/opt/multi-pool/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb.h:94: undefined reference to `leveldb::Status::ToString() const'
obj/txdb.o: In function `bool CLevelDB::Read<std::pair<char, uint256>, CCoins>(std::pair<char, uint256> const&, CCoins&)':
/opt/multi-pool/src/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb.h:94: undefined reference to `leveldb::Status::ToString() const'
obj/txdb.o: In function `bool CLevelDB::Read<char, CBigNum>(char const&, CBigNum&)':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [FuelCoind] Error 1

it seems that makefile fails if it is not able to run the script build_detect_platform for leveldb.
It needs to clean all intermediate compilation before running the makefile again

thenukemforall

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:07:29 AM

Dumpers gonna dump, that is to be expected.  But I can confidently tell you at least 30-50% of the coins being mined each day are not being dumped, because those are being mined by me.

Reducing supply does not automagically increase demand; the only way to raise the market price is to increase the number of coins being bought.  As I said, I have seen this "block reward reduction" strategy attempted on a number of coins, it almost never works, unless it is paired with other aggressive measures to help increase awareness and community confidence.  

You know something else is coming for the coin, right ? not just a fork.
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:54:12 AM

Fresh clone from git:

cd src
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

I get the same errors as detailed above, tried doing the old trick of copying some of the leveldb .h files from a working wallet but every time there are more and more files. tried a make clean -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- as well, didn't help. Not sure what 'magic' I need to use to compile this wallet but I'm about to give up. Some wallets on older code are working ok but the latest version I can't compile.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:41:43 AM

So . . . what's up with the fork?

I am the operator for http://fuel.pitythepool.com.  I have not updated to the new wallet yet because of the posts here that it is not compiling correctly.

I just downloaded the latest from github and was able to compile the code in fuelcoin-src/src (most recently updated) but it did take some changes to get it working. 

I was also able to get the code in the /src folder to compile, again with alot of work - not sure which one to use.  It is running now and appears to be syncing:

Code:
{
    "version" : 1000001,
    "protocolversion" : 1000001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 3292,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.01465019,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1406611068,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

I only have two connections and only one of them is v 1.0.0.1. 

Without word from the devs recently, I am reluctant to put this code into the pool until I know for sure we're still going ahead with this.  It appears the fork did not occur yet (but we are not yet at block 227,000 either), transactions in my old wallet are still showing up fine in all the block explorers.
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:45:03 AM

Not to mention, why are there TWO source code directories on git? Which one are we meant to be fixing ourselves to get this crappy code working?

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
ice00

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:22:17 AM

At this rate, the fork is coming today or tomorrow.

I was able to compile the code inside the zip in Github using the +x on builplatform with Ubuntu in Linux (infact multi-pool.info is using that wallet)

aphrodite1111

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:57:27 AM

Nice cryptocoin. Smiley
I will definitely have this coin in my wallet.
Surely this will compete with BTC in terms of market value Grin
ice00

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:01:44 PM

Coin has forked, but unfoprtunately maybe the wrong fork is goin on, as pool with compiled source has stopped finding incongruence:

Code:
#0 /opt/multi-pool/mpos/fuel/cronjobs/findblock.php(35): jsonRPCClient->__call('listsinceblock', Array)
#1 /opt/multi-pool/mpos/fuel/cronjobs/findblock.php(35): BitcoinWrapper->listsinceblock('000000000000de2...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /opt/multi-pool/mpos/fuel/public/include/lib/jsonRPCClient.php on line 117
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 500 - JSON Response: [-2] Safe mode: Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.' in /opt/multi-pool/mpos/fuel/public/include/lib/jsonRPCClient.php:117

ice00

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

I cannot register and look what block explorer is showing about the actual blocks: https://usecryptos.com/blockexplorer/FUEL

someone can see that actual mined blocks gives 100FUEL?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: