Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:18:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:14:24 PM

Wow, I keep posting in threads that end up getting locked and I sit there reloading wondering where everyone is LOL  Smiley

I think everything is going perfectly so far, but we need to rebrand now before we really start promoting this. I like my suggestion that I put forth a while back in previous threads:

Node
Next generation cryptocurrency platform built on Node.js

This is simple, easy to remember, doesn't contain "coin" and capitalizes on the popularity of Node.js.

We need to get a properly branded web site ASAP! I'd be willing to help with this as I've worked professionally as a web developer and technical writer since 1999. I recently rebuilt the Devcoin web site for a devcoin bounty: http://devcoin.org

As far as promoting the best features of this platform, besides the speed and scalability of Node.js I strongly suggest we get even a basic marketplace put into this platform and promote the heck out of it. Have you noticed how much "DarkMarket" and now "OpenBazaar" are being mentioned in the crypto news the last few days? People are tired of centralized, web site based exchanges, marketplaces, auctions, etc - it is obvious the future lies in decentralized, peer to peer exchanges where everything is done inside the client thereby eliminating the counter party risk of a web site.

If we can make "Node" the next gen cryptocurrency platform based on Node.js that can be added to by developers (like with NXT) that contains an anonymous marketplace/exchange, I have no doubt it will be a HUGE success!

KyLins

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:16:09 PM

Very good

WavesBank:www.wavesbank.com

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Grumand

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

Wow, I keep posting in threads that end up getting locked and I sit there reloading wondering where everyone is LOL  Smiley

I think everything is going perfectly so far, but we need to rebrand now before we really start promoting this. I like my suggestion that I put forth a while back in previous threads:

Node

This is simple, easy to remember, doesn't contain "coin" and capitalizes on the popularity of Node.js.

We need to get a properly branded web site ASAP! I'd be willing to help with this as I've worked professionally as a web developer and technical writer since 1999. I recently rebuilt the Devcoin web site for a devcoin bounty: http://devcoin.org

As far as promoting the best features of this platform, besides the speed and scalability of Node.js I strongly suggest we get even a basic marketplace put into this platform and promote the heck out of it. Have you noticed how much "DarkMarket" and now "OpenBazaar" are being mentioned in the crypto news the last few days? People are tired of centralized, web site based exchanges, marketplaces, auctions, etc - it is obvious the future lies in decentralized, peer to peer exchanges where everything is done inside the client thereby eliminating the counter party risk of a web site.

If we can make "Node" the next gen cryptocurrency platform based on Node.js that can be added to by developers (like with NXT) that contains an anonymous marketplace/exchange, I have no doubt it will be a HUGE success!

Developers have to start with a new name in the beginning. Now if  change the name, many people get confused. Do you think how you can implement the rebranding?
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:00:53 PM

Node

Got you covered! We are on this idea! The name change is just a detail! We will organize a campaign in the next days! Also i see that there is not a single person that will disagrees, so green light!

NodeCOIn it will be!

About the market place, thanks to node we can embed this functionality into the client! Thanks god for the modularity!

Since it is you idea, how are imagining the branding campaign, or how do you think we should make this public?

Thank you!

Alexxx

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:20:01 AM

Node

I like it. And it's good that we don't have to change the logo. Maybe choose another color. Orange doesn't look very innovative.
Grumand

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:17:06 AM

Node

I like it. And it's good that we don't have to change the logo. Maybe choose another color. Orange doesn't look very innovative.

For example to change the color to the color that uses Node (green)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:29:27 AM

Although I like current logo a lot, but with a new name we'd probably need new logo. My two cents.

UPD: Nah... Looks like a logo for kindergarten.

xiaozhubao

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:32:35 AM

Will there be any initial exchanges for this coin after the distribution?
Surely , I think bittrex will add this coin after launch.
They add any coin they can find.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:23:02 AM

Sent 0.03BTC

The transaction id is : 5def4874d07d2c0243ccfb6c300dcc35272c84570162ee3a761dbe7c3bc652b4

So what should I do next?

Thanks

1. Go to http://193.169.244.74:19775/
2. Create a passphrase, something really strong: 30+ characters/numbers/special symbols. You won't be able to change it or enter your account again if you forteg it.
3. Enter your account
4. PM your account number (in the top left corner) to the topic starter — koop4u

tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:37:27 AM

Sent 0.03BTC

The transaction id is : 5def4874d07d2c0243ccfb6c300dcc35272c84570162ee3a761dbe7c3bc652b4

So what should I do next?

Thanks

1. Go to http://193.169.244.74:19775/
2. Create a passphrase, something really strong: 30+ characters/numbers/special symbols. You won't be able to change it or enter your account again if you forteg it.
3. Enter your account
4. PM your account number (in the top left corner) to the topic starter — koop4u
Will do.
Thanks for the message.
.cryptic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:38:58 PM

I will join if its not too late.
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

I will join if its not too late.

Nope it is not too late! You will find all the registration information in the Registration Section of this thread! Cheers

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:04:22 PM

its hard to follow NXTL these days, every thread is being locked. dont get lock this thread!
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:15:50 PM

Got you covered! We are on this idea! The name change is just a detail! We will organize a campaign in the next days! Also i see that there is not a single person that will disagrees, so green light!

NodeCOIn it will be!

About the market place, thanks to node we can embed this functionality into the client! Thanks god for the modularity!

Since it is you idea, how are imagining the branding campaign, or how do you think we should make this public?

Thank you!

Nice.
Don't make it Nodecoin though. Just Node.

koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:33:34 PM

its hard to follow NXTL these days, every thread is being locked. dont get lock this thread!

It is not our fault! we would never lock a thread without pointing to a new one!

If was because of the change in the forum posting rules! The mods locked them!

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:54:58 PM

It is not our fault! we would never lock a thread without pointing to a new one!

yes i know that, i am just saying dont let PUT anyone there Address here  Grin
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

yes i know that, i am just saying dont let PUT anyone there Address here  Grin

Already done, every other post with btc information will be automatically deleted!

Grumand

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:32:33 PM

NodeCOIn it will be!

Thank you!

Nice.
Don't make it Nodecoin though. Just Node.

Sounds good "Node", but many users do not understand. If the name is "NodeCoin" then it is clear that this coin.
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

I see a debate is starting!

Node or NodeCoin!

My opinion is that Nodecoin is more relevant! as it refers to a coin! As just node sounds confusing "Node" - very ambiguous as it might refer to a programming structure!

But i'm curious what you guys are thinking!

Grumand

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:18:19 PM

I see a debate is starting!

Node or NodeCoin!

My opinion is that Nodecoin is more relevant! as it refers to a coin! As just node sounds confusing "Node" - very ambiguous as it might refer to a programming structure!

But i'm curious what you guys are thinking!

Necessary to make a vote, I like the 2 options "Node" and "NodeCoin". in the second case more understandable for users
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: