Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:38:43 PM

I see a debate is starting!

Node or NodeCoin!

My opinion is that Nodecoin is more relevant! as it refers to a coin! As just node sounds confusing "Node" - very ambiguous as it might refer to a programming structure!

But i'm curious what you guys are thinking!

Necessary to make a vote, I like the 2 options "Node" and "NodeCoin". in the second case more understandable for users

Maybe we can start off with Nodecoin and later on drop the coin.
Grumand

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

Then how do you properly rebrand so that users do not get confused, almost all users know us as NXTL
Jacqul

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:03:50 PM

Then how do you properly rebranding so that users do not get confused, almost all users know us as NXTL

Just keep Node logo and description of what it is in the header.

NXTL on Node
NXTL:Node

later you just start making the Node part of the logo bigger. Smiley
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

Wow, I keep posting in threads that end up getting locked and I sit there reloading wondering where everyone is LOL  Smiley

I think everything is going perfectly so far, but we need to rebrand now before we really start promoting this. I like my suggestion that I put forth a while back in previous threads:

Node
Next generation cryptocurrency platform built on Node.js

This is simple, easy to remember, doesn't contain "coin" and capitalizes on the popularity of Node.js.

We need to get a properly branded web site ASAP! I'd be willing to help with this as I've worked professionally as a web developer and technical writer since 1999. I recently rebuilt the Devcoin web site for a devcoin bounty: http://devcoin.org

As far as promoting the best features of this platform, besides the speed and scalability of Node.js I strongly suggest we get even a basic marketplace put into this platform and promote the heck out of it. Have you noticed how much "DarkMarket" and now "OpenBazaar" are being mentioned in the crypto news the last few days? People are tired of centralized, web site based exchanges, marketplaces, auctions, etc - it is obvious the future lies in decentralized, peer to peer exchanges where everything is done inside the client thereby eliminating the counter party risk of a web site.

If we can make "Node" the next gen cryptocurrency platform based on Node.js that can be added to by developers (like with NXT) that contains an anonymous marketplace/exchange, I have no doubt it will be a HUGE success!

Got you covered! We are on this idea! The name change is just a detail! We will organize a campaign in the next days! Also i see that there is not a single person that will disagrees, so green light!

NodeCOIn it will be!

About the market place, thanks to node we can embed this functionality into the client! Thanks god for the modularity!

Since it is you idea, how are imagining the branding campaign, or how do you think we should make this public?

Thank you!

Hi Koop! Personally I like just "Node" because anything with "coin" in it seems to give connotations of being a copy and paste clone. We can actually have the best of both worlds and call the platform "Node" and use just Node in the branding but call the tokens spent on the system "Nodecoins". So basically you buy "Nodecoins" that are used on the cryptocurrency platform "Node". The same sort of debate happened with NEM, and they are just calling it NEM and not NEMcoins. I think the currency abbreviation of NODE is also better than NDC (for Nodecoin).

As far as branding/marketing, once we have a nice looking web site up with properly written copy we can then:

1) Pay a small amount to have advertising articles published for us (like what you see on PRweb, Cryptocoinnews, etc)

2) Start channels and campaigns on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter

3) Look into building a multiple-algorithm accepting multipool that would allow people to mine for Nodecoins by pointing their hashing power at a pool that mines POW coins and sells them for Nodecoins. This seems to be a necessity now after Blackcoin did it (NXT has one as well).

I can take the initiative and scan your current site (and Node.js) for content and then rewrite the content in a more advertising-friendly sort of way and put it up on a visually pleasing web site. I am definitely not a social media guy so maybe a bounty could be offered for a social media person to maintain the facebook/twitter/youtube channels? They could basically just take the content from the web site and then just maintain those pages with news updates.

Let me know what you think. Like I mentioned, I worked professionally as a web dev and tech writer for many years so this stuff comes naturally to me now (I'd often have to take loose content from various sources, rewrite it and put it up on a nice web site that I built from scratch, sometimes in a matter of hours for demanding corporations!)

Jacqul

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:40:56 PM

Hi Koop! Personally I like just "Node" because anything with "coin" in it seems to give connotations of being a copy and paste clone. We can actually have the best of both worlds and call the platform "Node" and use just Node in the branding but call the tokens spent on the system "Nodecoins". So basically you buy "Nodecoins" that are used on the cryptocurrency platform "Node". The same sort of debate happened with NEM, and they are just calling it NEM and not NEMcoins. I think the currency abbreviation of NODE is also better than NDC (for Nodecoin).

As far as branding/marketing, once we have a nice looking web site up with properly written copy we can then:

1) Pay a small amount to have advertising articles published for us (like what you see on PRweb, Cryptocoinnews, etc)

3) Look into building a multiple-algorithm accepting multipool that would allow people to mine for Nodecoins by pointing their hashing power at a pool that mines POW coins and sells them for Nodecoins. This seems to be a necessity now after Blackcoin did it (NXT has one as well).

I can take the initiative and scan your current site (and Node.js) for content and then rewrite the content in a more advertising-friendly sort of way and put it up on a visually pleasing web site. I am definitely not a social media guy so maybe a bounty could be offered for a social media person to maintain the facebook/twitter/youtube channels? They could basically just take the content from the web site and then just maintain those pages with news updates.

Let me know what you think. Like I mentioned, I worked professionally as a web dev and tech writer for many years so this stuff comes naturally to me now (I'd often have to take loose content from various sources, rewrite it and put it up on a nice web site that I built from scratch, sometimes in a matter of hours for demanding corporations!)

Upvote
NEMoon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:45:49 PM

I see a debate is starting!

Node or NodeCoin!

My opinion is that Nodecoin is more relevant! as it refers to a coin! As just node sounds confusing "Node" - very ambiguous as it might refer to a programming structure!

But i'm curious what you guys are thinking!

NXT Lite didn't have "coin"  Smiley

I think I agree with those who say that Node is enough. Everybody inside crypto community would understand, others don't even know about Bitcoin, it's not a problem if they don't understand that Node has coins also.
Grumand

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Good idea, we need to start as early as possible promotion. I understand the developers have fund "Promotion", they should offer a bounty for anyone who helps promote Node
Touque

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:36:35 AM

Node and Nodecoin sound pretty good. Since the name of NXTL is not official and popular yet, you can just announce that the official name is Node/Nodecoin on all your posters and people will start to call it node or nodecoin.
GoldenEye

Activity: 601

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:42:59 PM

Would prefer NodeCoin
mrun

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:46:05 PM

Can't wait for launch!
Grumand

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

Can't wait for launch!

Ipo end's 25 May, then the developers will tell more details. I also want to quickly get my coins.
CryptoniteToSuperman

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:05:25 PM

Does that "Payment prosessing module in USD and EUR" in the OP mean that i can move my coins with fixed price to FIAT straight in my bank account.  Shocked  Shocked
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

Wow, I keep posting in threads that end up getting locked and I sit there reloading wondering where everyone is LOL  Smiley

I think everything is going perfectly so far, but we need to rebrand now before we really start promoting this. I like my suggestion that I put forth a while back in previous threads:

Node
Next generation cryptocurrency platform built on Node.js

This is simple, easy to remember, doesn't contain "coin" and capitalizes on the popularity of Node.js.

We need to get a properly branded web site ASAP! I'd be willing to help with this as I've worked professionally as a web developer and technical writer since 1999. I recently rebuilt the Devcoin web site for a devcoin bounty: http://devcoin.org

As far as promoting the best features of this platform, besides the speed and scalability of Node.js I strongly suggest we get even a basic marketplace put into this platform and promote the heck out of it. Have you noticed how much "DarkMarket" and now "OpenBazaar" are being mentioned in the crypto news the last few days? People are tired of centralized, web site based exchanges, marketplaces, auctions, etc - it is obvious the future lies in decentralized, peer to peer exchanges where everything is done inside the client thereby eliminating the counter party risk of a web site.

If we can make "Node" the next gen cryptocurrency platform based on Node.js that can be added to by developers (like with NXT) that contains an anonymous marketplace/exchange, I have no doubt it will be a HUGE success!

Got you covered! We are on this idea! The name change is just a detail! We will organize a campaign in the next days! Also i see that there is not a single person that will disagrees, so green light!

NodeCOIn it will be!

About the market place, thanks to node we can embed this functionality into the client! Thanks god for the modularity!

Since it is you idea, how are imagining the branding campaign, or how do you think we should make this public?

Thank you!

Very good thoughts! I heard about the multipool structure, i must say that this i sa very good opportunity that we must take!

I must admit that currently we don't have a good looking website! nxtl.eu is our current official site, but we almost don't have time to make it appealing! As you already know we have a forum there which had to serve as a backup in case we are banned continuously!!!

What do you need to get started??

Grumand

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:36:32 PM

Does that "Payment prosessing module in USD and EUR" in the OP mean that i can move my coins with fixed price to FIAT straight in my bank account.  Shocked  Shocked

Perhaps the developers have in mind that it will be possible to make payments in EUR and USD + payment crypto Node Coin
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:07:50 PM

Very good thoughts! I heard about the multipool structure, i must say that this i sa very good opportunity that we must take!

I must admit that currently we don't have a good looking website! nxtl.eu is our current official site, but we almost don't have time to make it appealing! As you already know we have a forum there which had to serve as a backup in case we are banned continuously!!!

What do you need to get started??

I will take the content that is currently on your site as well as some stuff from Node.js, rewrite it and put it up on a nicer looking web site.

I noticed on Node.js that while the official name is "Node.js", people casually refer to it as just "Node". So I think the best in our case would be to officially call it "Node.Coin" and just use NODE as the ticker symbol on Cryptocoinmarketcap. So people can casually refer to it as Node just like with Node.js, but the official name is Node.Coin.

Yes, a really well put together multipool is what really can take this coin to the next level, just as it did with Blackcoin. This serves two purposes: 1) people can earn Nodecoins by pointing their hashing power at the pool and 2) it raises the price of Nodecoins as the pool is constantly buying them. Ideally the pool would be multialgorithm so people could point all different devices at it (look at Myriadcoin's multiple hashing algorithms as an example).

People should also be able to earn money from fees from inside Node.Coin, something like NXT's forging but we can make it completely random so that it is more fair (not like NXT where you need to hold a lot of coins to get a good chance of forging). Basically, all fees generated from sending and receiving transactions, creating assets on the exchange, trading, etc could randomly be paid out to users as a form of interest.

A Bitcoin -> Node.Coin bridge is also essential - a way for people to get Bitcoin into the system and then trade it on a built-in, decentralized exchange for Nodecoins. If the exchange can support other cryptos eventually as well as other "assets", whatever they may be then Node.Coin is sure to take off. Add in voting, user feedback, anonymous maketplace, anonymous auctions - the sky is the limit!

The beauty of it being built on the extremely popular Node.js framework means that plenty of developers will be able to add on to the system, just like what is being done with NXT (maybe even more so due to the popularity of Node.js).

I have no doubt that if we follow this plan and see it through we can most certainly get a great basis to start from and then add on from there, just like NXT did, except with a MUCH fairer distribution (and Node.js instead of Java). We can make Node.coin HUGE!
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1698
Merit: 1074

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

Does that "Payment prosessing module in USD and EUR" in the OP mean that i can move my coins with fixed price to FIAT straight in my bank account.  Shocked  Shocked

Perhaps the developers have in mind that it will be possible to make payments in EUR and USD + payment crypto Node Coin
Fantastic!! But as the banks will agree to that?

You have no power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:57:04 AM

I put some more thoughts into the name. Isn't it a bit weird to name a coin after language? In this case Nxt would be Java and Bitcoin would be C++.

syntek

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:01:29 AM

What are the latest developments do? Develop a bit slow.
Jacqul

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:09:42 AM

I put some more thoughts into the name. Isn't it a bit weird to name a coin after language? In this case Nxt would be Java and Bitcoin would be C++.

Java might've worked. Bitcoin is a reference to computer language "A bit is the basic unit of information in computing and digital communications."
So Node would actually be appropriate.
Anycase there are no rules, this is survival of the fittest for ideas. The one that most people like and seems to fit will win.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:43:54 AM

Java might've worked. Bitcoin is a reference to computer language "A bit is the basic unit of information in computing and digital communications."
So Node would actually be appropriate.
Anycase there are no rules, this is survival of the fittest for ideas. The one that most people like and seems to fit will win.

Ok. It was just a second of hesitating, I do like Node.

Btw coin network works on nodes, so it refers to POS. So yeah, pretty damn good name.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: