Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nikolasha

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:23:15 PM

i dont think nodecoin is a good idea.. nodecoin has been built on top of nxt to support miners.. just hasnt been launched yet.. clash of names isnt good

Do you have a link?

https://nxtforum.org/multigateway-jl777/nodecoin/

That's kinda not cool
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:05:15 PM

Name Change Announcement

Today i'm bringing to your attention this poll: Link.

The poll will decide the name of our coin which will bring us a step closer to realization of our goals.

I will be repost this announcement, so it doesn't get lost in the thread!

Let the best choice win!

Hey, you asked me before in some other locked topic why I am such a firm supporter of NEM and how NXT Lite could achieve something similar. I never got around to answer your question.

NEM has a ring to it. NEM was born amidst about 50 NXT clones (forum was full of it when source was released) and Utopianfuture could have chosen the NAS way and cashed in but he did not. He was the first to offer stakes for free and he was the first to offer stakes at a gradually increasing, yet very small price. I actually think Utopianfuture didn't plan this whole movement. He dropped an idea and when people rallied for it he took his responsibility.

Utopianfuture then decided to not release a clone but to build something new. Because he (or she Smiley, by that time, had already established a name for himself by being straightforward and obviously not looking for a pump-and-dump or DGRI scheme (Dev-Gets-Rich-Instantly), as a consequence, people now believe every word he says.

Where as NEM managed to establish itself without showing a single line of code you don't have this luxury anymore. So in order to make this a success you need to do the following:

-have your dev team report every now and then on whatever they are working on, in person, on this board. Even if its some incomprehensible jargon.

-Have an alpha before the IPO ends (Qora did this, and it already made a difference)

-be completely open and straightforward in where the money is going (obv. dont touch the IPO until release) but also consider burning leftover coins publicly.

-Not change the name. Litecoin...

-keep your topics from getting locked (obvious)

If the whole NXT lite team would chip in a bit here and there on this thread this would boost confidence a 1000%. I know this is all nicknames and anonymity and shit but when Utopianfuture or Jaguar or someone else from the NEM speaks we all listen because we know we are listening to a real person.

burp...
Kiparisinka

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:40:12 AM

Maybe it's not a bad thing to have a name NXT Lite. I mean it is nxt lite, so let's be honest. It this niche isn't yet taken. I think it'll work for the coin to be assotiated with Nxt. After all Nxt has a huuuuge team and it even might overcome Bitcoin one day. It would be cool to be Nxt Lite in this case, don't you think?
shanshan5858

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:49:30 AM

I think is old coin.
Clone nxt.

michaelsss

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:04:19 AM

Ok, then NodeCoin is not a good solution
right , there's a  nodecoin before ,and clone from NXT but dev disappear after 4 1 2014, so nxtl is best choice ....
Grumand

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:00:38 PM

I think is old coin.
Clone nxt.

Only the old name, the code was written from the beginning to Node.Js
I think you need to change the name of a new, modern
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:25:23 PM

Name Change Announcement

Today i'm bringing to your attention this poll: Link.

The poll will decide the name of our coin which will bring us a step closer to realization of our goals.

Let the best choice win!

Hey, you asked me before in some other locked topic why I am such a firm supporter of NEM and how NXT Lite could achieve something similar. I never got around to answer your question.

NEM has a ring to it. NEM was born amidst about 50 NXT clones (forum was full of it when source was released) and Utopianfuture could have chosen the NAS way and cashed in but he did not. He was the first to offer stakes for free and he was the first to offer stakes at a gradually increasing, yet very small price. I actually think Utopianfuture didn't plan this whole movement. He dropped an idea and when people rallied for it he took his responsibility.

Utopianfuture then decided to not release a clone but to build something new. Because he (or she Smiley, by that time, had already established a name for himself by being straightforward and obviously not looking for a pump-and-dump or DGRI scheme (Dev-Gets-Rich-Instantly), as a consequence, people now believe every word he says.

Where as NEM managed to establish itself without showing a single line of code you don't have this luxury anymore. So in order to make this a success you need to do the following:

-have your dev team report every now and then on whatever they are working on, in person, on this board. Even if its some incomprehensible jargon.

-Have an alpha before the IPO ends (Qora did this, and it already made a difference)

-be completely open and straightforward in where the money is going (obv. dont touch the IPO until release) but also consider burning leftover coins publicly.

-Not change the name. Litecoin...

-keep your topics from getting locked (obvious)

If the whole NXT lite team would chip in a bit here and there on this thread this would boost confidence a 1000%. I know this is all nicknames and anonymity and shit but when Utopianfuture or Jaguar or someone else from the NEM speaks we all listen because we know we are listening to a real person.

Thanks for answering!

Your feedback helps us a lot! Unfortunately i have to disappoint you but the name change is taking place right now, there a a few reasons for that:
1) we are not related to NXT anymore;
2) We are aiming to become a pps and the name will only create confusion;
3) It is demanded by the crowd;
I hope this action will encourage us to be more proficient and make our community more responsive!

We are trying to keep the topics stable and unbannable, but we have a lot of "rivals" that are constantly trying to destabilize us! They are creating lots of fake accounts just to push the "report to moderator" button on random replies! It is not like our coin is creating that big of a fuzz but i guess someone has something personal against us!

I will give you a small spoiler: If things go the same way, our dev team could manage to bring the alpha earlier! We are already thinking to issue some test coins before the Ipo ends. Will keep you updated on this one!

Well i'm don't have the same authority like Utopianfuture! But with time i hope to win your trust!

mitao

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:59:35 PM

I think the current forum for Node is too bad to be a efficient communicating channel
GodfatherX

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:34:34 PM

On the name change ballot, the Node and Nodecoin should be counted as one category, imo.
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

Very good thoughts! I heard about the multipool structure, i must say that this i sa very good opportunity that we must take!

I must admit that currently we don't have a good looking website! nxtl.eu is our current official site, but we almost don't have time to make it appealing! As you already know we have a forum there which had to serve as a backup in case we are banned continuously!!!

What do you need to get started??

I will take the content that is currently on your site as well as some stuff from Node.js, rewrite it and put it up on a nicer looking web site.

I noticed on Node.js that while the official name is "Node.js", people casually refer to it as just "Node". So I think the best in our case would be to officially call it "Node.Coin" and just use NODE as the ticker symbol on Cryptocoinmarketcap. So people can casually refer to it as Node just like with Node.js, but the official name is Node.Coin.

Yes, a really well put together multipool is what really can take this coin to the next level, just as it did with Blackcoin. This serves two purposes: 1) people can earn Nodecoins by pointing their hashing power at the pool and 2) it raises the price of Nodecoins as the pool is constantly buying them. Ideally the pool would be multialgorithm so people could point all different devices at it (look at Myriadcoin's multiple hashing algorithms as an example).

People should also be able to earn money from fees from inside Node.Coin, something like NXT's forging but we can make it completely random so that it is more fair (not like NXT where you need to hold a lot of coins to get a good chance of forging). Basically, all fees generated from sending and receiving transactions, creating assets on the exchange, trading, etc could randomly be paid out to users as a form of interest.

A Bitcoin -> Node.Coin bridge is also essential - a way for people to get Bitcoin into the system and then trade it on a built-in, decentralized exchange for Nodecoins. If the exchange can support other cryptos eventually as well as other "assets", whatever they may be then Node.Coin is sure to take off. Add in voting, user feedback, anonymous maketplace, anonymous auctions - the sky is the limit!

The beauty of it being built on the extremely popular Node.js framework means that plenty of developers will be able to add on to the system, just like what is being done with NXT (maybe even more so due to the popularity of Node.js).

I have no doubt that if we follow this plan and see it through we can most certainly get a great basis to start from and then add on from there, just like NXT did, except with a MUCH fairer distribution (and Node.js instead of Java). We can make Node.coin HUGE!

Nice ideas! I have to admit that your plan is great!

We have the forging mechanism planed it will work almost the same way as Nxt's! It is important to note that at the launch everybody will have the same number of coins but with time the number of coins will stabilize unproportional, some will sale their stakes, others will buy more to raise their profit and so on!

Regarding the multipool, are you familiar with this technology?? or maybe you know someone who can help us work our way through???
This is one of the most efficient solutions that will keep the coin flourishing!

Btw the name poll will end tomorrow! To bad that NodeCoin is already in use! I guess we will stick to Node as it is more prefered by the community!

We will reserve an appropriate domain for the coins headquarters!

How do you imagine the site?? I'm sure that there are lots of other web designers that can contribute, would you like to create a team?? 

Thanks for your interest!

TequilaV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:54:44 PM

Will when you launch your NXTL? Huh
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

Ipo ends 25th of may! We might reveal an alpha earlier or at the same time depending on the work flow, not clear yet!

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:56:07 PM

What about...

Coin.js
Next.js
Economy.js
yshuifejng

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:33:22 AM

Ipo ends 25th of may! We might reveal an alpha earlier or at the same time depending on the work flow, not clear yet!

The stakeholder list has been close to 1200 people.I think there will be a good distribution after IPO ends.

I like free distribution      CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS. CJ5pCML7uAMDvgT514pwFvwB1ZzvxeoNPF  TheSmurfsCoin. TZxXFT6CJ8p7LHSaM8mWQtqveejzvpEusu       [ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO       Get GiveawayCoin(GC)? (Free 100%NO IPO NO POW,PURE POS. G*********      ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution.   Let's flower the moon.     Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution    FootballCoin(FBC):FXf6Xy5hof6GJZZhC9B5TkBi7kKKojusde   Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution.       Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO).
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:46:43 PM

The stakeholder list has been close to 1200 people.I think there will be a good distribution after IPO ends.
Fair distribution is good for all.  Smiley

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Can wait 4 Alpha

very big coin it will be

respect to devs

IOTA
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:12:23 PM

Very good thoughts! I heard about the multipool structure, i must say that this i sa very good opportunity that we must take!

I must admit that currently we don't have a good looking website! nxtl.eu is our current official site, but we almost don't have time to make it appealing! As you already know we have a forum there which had to serve as a backup in case we are banned continuously!!!

What do you need to get started??

I will take the content that is currently on your site as well as some stuff from Node.js, rewrite it and put it up on a nicer looking web site.

I noticed on Node.js that while the official name is "Node.js", people casually refer to it as just "Node". So I think the best in our case would be to officially call it "Node.Coin" and just use NODE as the ticker symbol on Cryptocoinmarketcap. So people can casually refer to it as Node just like with Node.js, but the official name is Node.Coin.

Yes, a really well put together multipool is what really can take this coin to the next level, just as it did with Blackcoin. This serves two purposes: 1) people can earn Nodecoins by pointing their hashing power at the pool and 2) it raises the price of Nodecoins as the pool is constantly buying them. Ideally the pool would be multialgorithm so people could point all different devices at it (look at Myriadcoin's multiple hashing algorithms as an example).

People should also be able to earn money from fees from inside Node.Coin, something like NXT's forging but we can make it completely random so that it is more fair (not like NXT where you need to hold a lot of coins to get a good chance of forging). Basically, all fees generated from sending and receiving transactions, creating assets on the exchange, trading, etc could randomly be paid out to users as a form of interest.

A Bitcoin -> Node.Coin bridge is also essential - a way for people to get Bitcoin into the system and then trade it on a built-in, decentralized exchange for Nodecoins. If the exchange can support other cryptos eventually as well as other "assets", whatever they may be then Node.Coin is sure to take off. Add in voting, user feedback, anonymous maketplace, anonymous auctions - the sky is the limit!

The beauty of it being built on the extremely popular Node.js framework means that plenty of developers will be able to add on to the system, just like what is being done with NXT (maybe even more so due to the popularity of Node.js).

I have no doubt that if we follow this plan and see it through we can most certainly get a great basis to start from and then add on from there, just like NXT did, except with a MUCH fairer distribution (and Node.js instead of Java). We can make Node.coin HUGE!

Nice ideas! I have to admit that your plan is great!

We have the forging mechanism planed it will work almost the same way as Nxt's! It is important to note that at the launch everybody will have the same number of coins but with time the number of coins will stabilize unproportional, some will sale their stakes, others will buy more to raise their profit and so on!

Regarding the multipool, are you familiar with this technology?? or maybe you know someone who can help us work our way through???
This is one of the most efficient solutions that will keep the coin flourishing!

Unfortunately I am not familiar with mining/multipools, but I do know that some of the team members of both Blackcoin and Whitecoin are multipool masters. I think the best thing to do in this case would be to offer up a bounty - Node isn't in competition with these coins anyway as it's more of a platform competing against Nxt, Nem, Etherium, etc.

Btw the name poll will end tomorrow! To bad that NodeCoin is already in use! I guess we will stick to Node as it is more prefered by the community!

I think Node is just fine - "Node, the next generation cryptocurrency platform built on Node.js". This name and tagline speaks to not only cryptocurrency people but Node.js people as well.

We will reserve an appropriate domain for the coins headquarters!

How do you imagine the site?? I'm sure that there are lots of other web designers that can contribute, would you like to create a team??  

I meant to do it already but I got tied up with some stuff but by this weekend at the latest, I promise I will go through your content on the current site as well as extract some content from the Node.js site and clean up the writing and put it on a nice looking HTML5 web site. After that, we can decide on any changes, who else would like to update and maintain it, etc.

koop4u (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:33:33 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 01:50:47 PM by koop4u

Name Change ROUND II -  Announcement

Today i'm bringing to your attention the second part of the Name Change Poll: Link.

Node vs NXT Lite

After the first vote, we ended with 2 finalists: Node and Nxtl! Let decide the best one!

Let the best choice win!

EastCoaster

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:16:16 AM

Name Change ROUND II -  Announcement

Today i'm bringing to your attention the second part of the Name Change Poll: Link.

After the first vote, we ended with 2 finalists: Node and Nxtl! Let decide the best one!

Let the best choice win!

Doesn't it bother you that Nodecoin were developing for Nxt? Although it has never been launched but still.

As for me I like Nxtl and Node names equally.
zifcom

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:01:43 AM

where is the coin??

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: