Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901796 times)
Zontl

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:57:55 PM

If bittrex has the new NAUT, why is it still called NAUT instead of NXTNAUT?

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asnghost

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:06:15 PM

I think the name NXTNAUT is just used for the transition period from the current system to the NXT platform. Also the ticker in the NXT platform is "NAUT" and not NXTNAUT if I'm not mistaken, see the screenshot of a few post before.

habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

I think the name NXTNAUT is just used for the transition period from the current system to the NXT platform. Also the ticker in the NXT platform is "NAUT" and not NXTNAUT if I'm not mistaken, see the screenshot of a few post before.

Yep.
Zontl

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:09:50 PM

Ah I understand. Thanks

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 08:31:35 PM

Seems old NAUT to new NAUT transition on Bittrex is complete. NAUT market is open for trading again.

Price and volume picking up on Bittrex.  Nice.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:02:55 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 11:13:06 PM by EvilDave

Yup....some nice things happening with NAUT.
(just to clear up a point: NXTNAUT is just a placeholder name, used to avoid confusion during the swap process, after the swap is done, we'll all be calling it NAUT.)

My last post from the redemption thread:
Just made the NXTNAUT transfers for tonight, as usual you can see them here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182317.msg12441796#msg12441796

On account security: just make sure you use a good passphrase, the default passphrase generator used in the Nxt NRS client is secure.
As Nxt uses a brain wallet, password security is the only thing you have to worry about. There are no local wallet files that can be lost or stolen.
Watch out for keyloggers and Trojans, think about using a secure password manager like Keepass: http://keepass.info/

Lastly: some of you may have noticed that a mysterious (and very small) amount of NXT has appeared on your account.
If this happened to you, use some of it to make an outgoing transaction (like setting an account name).
Your first outgoing transaction publishes your account on the Nxt blockchain and increases its security.
This is a public service announcement from: http://nxtfoundation.org/

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:41:56 PM

Hello NAUT Community, this is BK!!!

First, I want to thank you all for you patience, support and input during the coin swap.  I also want to thank EvilDave (he's actually not evil at all, shhhhhh), Bas and the entire NXT team for their help in executing this swap - without NXT we would not have been able to pull this off.  Also a BIG thank you to Lee and Nick at Coinstructors for organizing this entire project. 

Now let's move on to a few unanswered questions.  In particular, many of you have had question about the coin supply and the gold backing.

Coin Supply

The total coin supply is 16,180,000 but only about 5,300,000 circulate. The remaining ~11 million are being held in the Nautiluscoin Foundation account.  The plan for the coins held by the Foundation is to use them for 1) Airdrop 2) Promotion 3) Gold backing.  Critically, our plan is not to increase the coin supply by more than 5-10% a year.  As a large holder of NAUT I have a vested interest in keeping the supply in check. More importantly, from the beginning my goal has been to create a coin which continuously increases purchasing power. 

To be clear, these limits are not set in stone BUT any deviation would only occur if it supported the purchasing power of NAUT. 

Gold Backing

All the revenues generated from transactions via the exchange, websites or elsewhere will go directly to the Nautiluscoin Foundation.  These revenues will be used to buy gold to back Nautiluscoin.  We have set up the Foundation as an entity that will act as the holder and redeemer of the currency for gold.  This process is not yet complete, but I expect completion in the near future.

The more Nautiluscoin is used or traded, the more gold we will buy.  In this way the purchasing power of Nautiluscoin should continually climb with the amount of gold we buy.  Additionally, the value of any digital currency is a function of its network effect or, using Metcalfe's Law, the number of transactions ^2.  By encouraging the use of Nautiluscoin we hope to continually increase the size of the NAUT network and by extension be able to buy more gold to support purchasing power.

I am looking forward to the future of NAUT and cannot express enough my gratitude for all your support during this transition.

-BK

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:02:37 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
kalenen

Activity: 404

Beware

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:09:40 AM

Thx for the update BK!

Feels like Naut is in good hands Wink

www.bitmexscam.com
3HU5qQsR9fw4ptqGrssyDPinoRTfWAckxq
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:31:36 AM

As a large holder of NAUT I have a vested interest in keeping the supply in check.

So you did use your "period of silence" and undelivered promise after undelivered promise to become a large holder. You should be in jail.
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:45:08 AM

First, I want to thank you all for you patience, support and input during the coin swap.  I also want to thank EvilDave (he's actually not evil at all, shhhhhh), Bas and the entire NXT team for their help in executing this swap - without NXT we would not have been able to pull this off.  Also a BIG thank you to Lee and Nick at Coinstructors for organizing this entire project. 

Now let's move on to a few unanswered questions.  In particular, many of you have had question about the coin supply and the gold backing.

Coin Supply

The total coin supply is 16,180,000 but only about 5,300,000 circulate. The remaining ~11 million are being held in the Nautiluscoin Foundation account.  The plan for the coins held by the Foundation is to use them for 1) Airdrop 2) Promotion 3) Gold backing.  Critically, our plan is not to increase the coin supply by more than 5-10% a year.  As a large holder of NAUT I have a vested interest in keeping the supply in check. More importantly, from the beginning my goal has been to create a coin which continuously increases purchasing power. 

To be clear, these limits are not set in stone BUT any deviation would only occur if it supported the purchasing power of NAUT. 

Gold Backing

All the revenues generated from transactions via the exchange, websites or elsewhere will go directly to the Nautiluscoin Foundation.  These revenues will be used to buy gold to back Nautiluscoin.  We have set up the Foundation as an entity that will act as the holder and redeemer of the currency for gold.  This process is not yet complete, but I expect completion in the near future.

The more Nautiluscoin is used or traded, the more gold we will buy.  In this way the purchasing power of Nautiluscoin should continually climb with the amount of gold we buy.  Additionally, the value of any digital currency is a function of its network effect or, using Metcalfe's Law, the number of transactions ^2.  By encouraging the use of Nautiluscoin we hope to continually increase the size of the NAUT network and by extension be able to buy more gold to support purchasing power.

I am looking forward to the future of NAUT and cannot express enough my gratitude for all your support during this transition.

-BK

I'm usually pretty skeptical about a lot of crypto stuff, NAUT included (even though I've been hodling for a year), but this is a nice, informative and very welcome update - thank you.  I and probably many others would still love to see more frequent updates from you directly, but I also understand how shitty this forum can get.  Anyway, thanks!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 06:01:02 AM

As a large holder of NAUT I have a vested interest in keeping the supply in check.

So you did use your "period of silence" and undelivered promise after undelivered promise to become a large holder. You should be in jail.

Idiot, even the poorest of investors could have become a 10% holder of NAUT over past year if they wanted to and a few people did just that.

What better opportunity could you possibly want?   NAUT was the easiest investment of all time if you had any brains and balls.  A real banker told you he was gonna do great things and then the price of his coin dropped down to a penny for everyone to buy all they wanted on the open market.

If you didn't buy it's not BK's fault but your own so grow a brain and some guts and don't miss the next easy one.

Actually, the next easy one is NXTNAUT - or do you think a major banker like Brian Kelly is gonna try to go live and then multi national with a 7 cent coin?  Hahaha - it doesn't get easier than this, man. 

Buy now cause it's going up 20-50 fold from here very soon. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
asnghost

Activity: 258

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:47:55 AM

Coin Supply

Gold Backing

-BK

Thank for the update BK and goodluck with the last preparations for the 26th.

Will there be any live stream from the launch?

Looking forward to see more of info about the project!

EssTee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:57:48 AM

Coin Supply

Gold Backing

-BK

Thanks for the update!
kenler

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:16:35 PM

Naut on cryptsy, it is new naut or old Naut? Huh Huh
Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 05:47:44 PM

Only Bittrex is trading the New Naut

chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:12:15 PM

Idiot, even the poorest of investors could have become a 10% holder of NAUT over past year if they wanted to and a few people did just that.

What better opportunity could you possibly want?   NAUT was the easiest investment of all time if you had any brains and balls.  A real banker told you he was gonna do great things and then the price of his coin dropped down to a penny for everyone to buy all they wanted on the open market.

If you didn't buy it's not BK's fault but your own so grow a brain and some guts and don't miss the next easy one.

Actually, the next easy one is NXTNAUT - or do you think a major banker like Brian Kelly is gonna try to go live and then multi national with a 7 cent coin?  Hahaha - it doesn't get easier than this, man. 

Buy now cause it's going up 20-50 fold from here very soon. 

You sure he is a banker? ......

I made much more trading than I would of buying NAUT at 3k, but nice try attempting to pin my opinion on jealousy.

All I am saying is that the way he did this is incredibly sketchy, have you read his book? He straight up said IN THE BOOK that he wrote it to save his BTC investment. He purposely ignored supporters for 9 months while failing in amateurish ways. I am just noting that this is scumy as hell, that's all. I do it with many coins that don't add up. Its just unexpected that you see this out of Brian Kelly.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:15:05 PM

Tonights payouts are available for your viewing pleasure here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182317.msg12441796#msg12441796

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
coin-cidence

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:00:13 AM

From today morning Poloniex has new NAUT too

BTC compared to PASC looks like big clumsy dinosaur - still not aware of meteor coming.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:08:29 AM

From today morning Poloniex has new NAUT too

sorry, I just have to ask explicitly:

new Naut as in Nxt currency https://nxtportal.org/currencies/18154834130337484019 ?

Does that mean that Bittrex is operating on the Nxt currency exchange booth on the blockchain when people trade https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NAUT ??
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: