Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DRS]Denarius|Scrypt|DGW3|Exchange|Faucets|10 Coin Reward|No Block Halving|  (Read 53635 times)
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:02:19 AM

Free 100 DRS Each Giveaway
http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php?topic=1620.msg35946#msg35946

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kenboy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:13:46 AM

i want to know how to giveaway,someone can tell me?
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:35:45 AM

Follow the Instructions on the Giveaway Link/Thread
Cryptorussell

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:51:00 AM

The new logo is great - X for TEN!

I can confirm that your build of the Denarius-qt Mac OS X client is humming along smoothly and should be linked from your OP!

I am enthusiastic about Denarius!
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:15:53 PM

Denarius Soldiers & Centurions start using your Twitter skills and Tweet Bittrex, Mintpal, Cryptsy asking them to add Denarius, Tweet @ whoever else you think it will matter to.

Get in on your DRS while you can !

Denarius Meaning 10, Block Reward 10, X also meaning 10, No Halving Ever, I give that a 10/10 !
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:09:11 PM

Hello

I've been mining Denarius here today http://denarius.fedaykin.us/ because I really like this name and like the idea that the block contains 10 coin, not thousands, millions or billions to "make you reach faster than you'll realise it"... The diff changes are strange, the pool statistics showed me from about 40 to about 10 thousand Denarius a day changing in minutes, the diff was flowing up and down 10x a hour, with not very much change of pool and net hashrate. Finally none of my coins mined today (first autopayment from the pool was 10 hours ago) have arrived to my deposit address on allcoin.com for several hours...

Maybe its a perfect coin and too little miners are mining it... sure it's a good name and idea.

soccosocco

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:54:37 AM

Where is giveaway link?
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:46:18 AM

Where is giveaway link?

http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php?topic=1620.msg35946#msg35946
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:14:56 PM

Hello

I've been mining Denarius here today http://denarius.fedaykin.us/ because I really like this name and like the idea that the block contains 10 coin, not thousands, millions or billions to "make you reach faster than you'll realise it"... The diff changes are strange, the pool statistics showed me from about 40 to about 10 thousand Denarius a day changing in minutes, the diff was flowing up and down 10x a hour, with not very much change of pool and net hashrate. Finally none of my coins mined today (first autopayment from the pool was 10 hours ago) have arrived to my deposit address on allcoin.com for several hours...

Maybe its a perfect coin and too little miners are mining it... sure it's a good name and idea.

I have noticed this as well, It is being investigated, with the Allcoin Exchange Problem I couldn't tell you, Maybe they are on the Wrong Fork or holding them.
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:16:38 AM

Hello

I have noticed this as well, It is being investigated, with the Allcoin Exchange Problem I couldn't tell you, Maybe they are on the Wrong Fork or holding them.

The problem is too little hash rate to move the block chain. KGW works great when you have lots of miners hammering at a coin, but when the hash rate drops to nearly nothing, it can cause problems moving the block chain. If the block chain is not moving, then the coins are not being confirmed at either the pools or exchanges.

Yesterday, for example, it took just over 21 hours to solve block 30955 with a difficulty of 4.6171. By the time the block was solved difficulty had dropped to 0.0008. Six more blocks were quickly solved and now the block chain is setting on block 30973 waiting for it to be solved with a network hash rate around 300K or so. If you do not get more hash power on the coin, it will die completely.

I thought about mining this coin (and I still may) but there needs to be something to get people excited about mining it. Sure, the logo is cool and the website looks great, but what are the long-term goals for Denarius? If you are just creating a coin for the sake of creating a coin, then it will never generate the following it needs to make it succeed.

Develop uses and applications for Denarius and spread the word about the exciting things to come and people will stop to take a longer look and mine it. Follow through with those plans and it will become a success.

Just my two-cents worth... I really believe Denarius has promise, if a few features can be added to it to create interest, value and a community.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

I put my experimental rig on Edric's pool to help the block chain along. Not much hash, but every little bit helps.  Wink

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:57:10 PM

Hello

The problem is too little hash rate to move the block chain. KGW works great when you have lots of miners hammering at a coin, but when the hash rate drops to nearly nothing, it can cause problems moving the block chain. If the block chain is not moving, then the coins are not being confirmed at either the pools or exchanges.

Yesterday, for example, it took just over 21 hours to solve block 30955 with a difficulty of 4.6171. By the time the block was solved difficulty had dropped to 0.0008. Six more blocks were quickly solved and now the block chain is setting on block 30973 waiting for it to be solved with a network hash rate around 300K or so. If you do not get more hash power on the coin, it will die completely.

I thought about mining this coin (and I still may) but there needs to be something to get people excited about mining it. Sure, the logo is cool and the website looks great, but what are the long-term goals for Denarius? If you are just creating a coin for the sake of creating a coin, then it will never generate the following it needs to make it succeed.

Develop uses and applications for Denarius and spread the word about the exciting things to come and people will stop to take a longer look and mine it. Follow through with those plans and it will become a success.

Just my two-cents worth... I really believe Denarius has promise, if a few features can be added to it to create interest, value and a community.

Might want to look into using DigiShield instead of KGW...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:12:45 AM

Blocks are still being found so the Coin is working, the KGW Difficulty Re-targeting might seem weird because of the Low Nethashrate power from what I have been told, although I have asked a Few Other People/Dev's if they could lend a helping hand (BTC Payment) to implement DGW or Digibyte.

Other than that Keep mining Your DRS before the Battalion comes Smiley
prdomain

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:01:35 AM

Blocks are still being found so the Coin is working, the KGW Difficulty Re-targeting might seem weird because of the Low Nethashrate power from what I have been told, although I have asked a Few Other People/Dev's if they could lend a helping hand (BTC Payment) to implement DGW or Digibyte.

stuck on 32878 ?
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:19:15 AM

stuck on 32878 ?

No not stuck, Low Net Hashpower that's why, we just found blocks and are on 32885 now.
edric

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:42:39 PM

Something is weird with the retargeting, though... We were at like 5000~% shares for a block just a minute ago, when all other blocks were mining in less than a minute, and instead of a gentle diff adjustment, it was at 2.-something, we finally killed that block and right back down to zilch difficulty. Was beginning to think the chain was stuck and went so far as to fire up a couple of extra nodes to help but nope, the diff retarget is screwy. It shouldn't be making weird jumps like that when hashrate has been fairly steady.

I'll look into it and see if there's anything strange. Oh, and sorry for not checking in the thread more often, been busy with stuff, if anyone needs anything just PM or contact form me!

I tried to post a screenshot, maybe too big.. oh well..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mve0ywc6x0wtz3/weird_diff_spike.png

Anyway it doesn't show that it was like 5000% over shares for some odd reason on the block history, but on the dashboard as we were chewing away at it, it did.. I jumped in with my rig to help blast it out of there.

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 07:29:27 AM

Something is weird with the retargeting, though... We were at like 5000~% shares for a block just a minute ago, when all other blocks were mining in less than a minute, and instead of a gentle diff adjustment, it was at 2.-something, we finally killed that block and right back down to zilch difficulty. Was beginning to think the chain was stuck and went so far as to fire up a couple of extra nodes to help but nope, the diff retarget is screwy. It shouldn't be making weird jumps like that when hashrate has been fairly steady.

I'll look into it and see if there's anything strange. Oh, and sorry for not checking in the thread more often, been busy with stuff, if anyone needs anything just PM or contact form me!

Anyway it doesn't show that it was like 5000% over shares for some odd reason on the block history, but on the dashboard as we were chewing away at it, it did.. I jumped in with my rig to help blast it out of there.

There has been a solo miner (or pool) jumping on and of with 30MH/s or so and grabbing a few blocks and then backing off until the diff goes down. Occasionally they hit a couple of extra blocks and send the diff way up and stall the chain.

I've been analyzing the block chain (off and on) and network hash rate for a few days now. I've noticed big spikes in the network hash rate  at times with no noticeable difference in the pools combined hash. Someone either has an undocumented pool or they are just soloing and jumping in and out like a multipool to grab some easy blocks.

Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:56:35 AM

There has been a solo miner (or pool) jumping on and of with 30MH/s or so and grabbing a few blocks and then backing off until the diff goes down. Occasionally they hit a couple of extra blocks and send the diff way up and stall the chain.

I've been analyzing the block chain (off and on) and network hash rate for a few days now. I've noticed big spikes in the network hash rate  at times with no noticeable difference in the pools combined hash. Someone either has an undocumented pool or they are just soloing and jumping in and out like a multipool to grab some easy blocks.

On the top of that I myself have noticed only the pools find the blocks even though the Net hashrate is so much higher than all the Pools combined, Sometimes combined Pool hashrate is also double what the Net hash Reports at times, It doesn't really make sense :/
edric

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:03:52 PM

I've been analyzing the block chain (off and on) and network hash rate for a few days now. I've noticed big spikes in the network hash rate  at times with no noticeable difference in the pools combined hash. Someone either has an undocumented pool or they are just soloing and jumping in and out like a multipool to grab some easy blocks.

Not a good thing to happen. It'd be ok if the hash was spread out but if they're jumping in and soloing on their own wallet or pool, could eventually leave us forked. Thanks for keeping an eye out, I have been up to so much it's hard to really keep watch!

edric

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:06:21 PM

Just as I made that last post I actually looked... We're over 6000% on a .03 diff block, that shouldn't happen! Network hashrate is lower than pool hashrate! Not good!

If this block keeps up like this I'll point my 2mh at it and see if I can blast it out.

Need to get a local wallet to mine to for when this happens, also to watch block numbers across different clients.

Edit: something is definitely odd here..  The wallet is reporting diff of .03~, I wonder if MPOS will be reporting a different number after this block gets blasted off.. I've got some of my hashes on it.

Edit again: MPOS is reporting last block found is 34672, reporting current block we're working on is 34672... TeslaX3 started doing the same exact thing before. I think it may be a problem with MPOS, because with Denarius we find blocks so fast, like sometimes 2 seconds apart.

I'll report back when I know more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: