Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CPU Miner Advanced v5.0.2.0 Beta By Spoetnik  (Read 10038 times)
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:25:53 PM

I went to the NTI in the late 90s, that's when I stopped coding C/C++ cuss it wasn't something I like to do.
Also because I had really nothing to contribute, every program you needed was out there, either in GPL, shareware/freeware/PD
or commercial. Now it looks like I should get coding again. God know it's needed when we design the ASICs.

I can compile and stuff on Linux, but my coding is a bit rusty, but I have an expert in London I could ask, lemme get back on that.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

@SolidStateSurvivor
i suck at c/c++ even though i have been at over 10+ years.. prob is i am bad at math Sad

anyway, i have done a lot and the more i do the more bugs i find etc etc
i fixed a bug that caused a race condition outputting the date/time..
it would get put out twice in a row before the log line.. i thought i fixed that issue last year lol
to fix it, the thread mutex lock should be started and stopped once.. not twice Smiley
i also thought i'd like the idea of another cmd-line to not show the date/time, i tried it (by accident) and it was ok.. i'd used it.

i'm really thinking that no matter what i do to the hashing algo it's just making things worse, as in some kind of cheat crap (based on pool data)
so i will leave in my last and best revision of it and advise people use the non cheat one..
USE the normal one preferably people unless you want to TEST.

i do think i will put scanhash() back and do separate functions for them based on the cheat cmd-line that should be faster code.
i've found some miner tweaks here and there too (in the hashing code)

i have added a lot more window data updated every 5 seconds and tweaked the averaging code
and i also think an alternative hashing speed log line showing the combined hash speed vs the per thread way it is now would be cool.

still didn't do multi-pool support yet or the 32bit windows VS2010 profiles/configs.. they are almost done lol

but i was just testing the final hashing now and it's fast and good as i can get it unless i go with UncleBob's style of algo's (which is faster)
but if i do that Visual Studio and x64 won't compile it doesn't support asm for 64bit so i think it's good enough (and unlce bob used asm)

i just tested both VS2010 and MingW x64 builds normal hashing algo and i get average i think* 490kh/s (VS2010) and 500kh/s (gcc) using 6 threads on my i7 4770k (75% usage)
So since both are so close in speed i don't see any reason to break Visual studio support now that i added it and got it going perfect with no warnings Smiley
It's nice to be able to code and build / test in VS2010, then do a MingW build later when the code is final for that extra bit of speed..

so far i got the window title looking like this BELOW (updated every 5 seconds with average hash rate speeds) not sure how well that will work out on Linux though lol
CMA | v5.1.0.5 | t=6 | a=Jackpot | s=5 | z=false [500 kh/s]

oh yeah and i added resource data to the windows build when compiling with VS2010 for viewing properties on Windows ..and prob more stuff i can't remember hahaa

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:26:29 PM

going to be adding a new version today i think and the change log would be 1000 pages long lol
most proud i am happy i last night finished up creating builds settings for Visual Studio 2010 debug + release and x86 and x64 Smiley
and it still supports building with MingW so it was a LOT of work but this miner mod will now be compliant with x86 and x64 on all platforms now i think.
i spent a lot of time creating the VS2010 project configs so they are nice and clean and work well..
also i grabbed VS2013 and i will be building the AVX2 build it has in that new version i think to test speeds..
Currently between MingW and VS2010 speeds are about 500kh/s (x64 AVX VS2010) vs 550kh/s (x64 AVX2 MingW -march=native) on my 4770k optimized. (6/8 threads)
And i think it's impressive i squeezed that much speed out of a Visual Studio build lol

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:26:39 PM

the last version i mentioned needed testing.. it's good now i think lol
no more cheat stuff..

new features and improvements and some bug fixes and overall better code and full x86/64 support for both MingW and Visual Studio.
I tested AVX on VS2010 and now AVX2 on VS2013 but MingW is still faster.

the most noticeable new feature will be the Window title info.. it says a bunch of stuff.
one of the good things about the window title info is i made it show the URL (everything after the double slashes)
i can't count how many times i have launched a CPU miner and then had no idea what the pool address i used was.. this will show you now Smiley
previously i would open Sysinternals Process Explorer and look at the command-line in there.

so i just have to clean up the code and pack it up and then review the code and see if i left garbage used for testing and make notes of key changes.
What i do is freeze making any changes to the code and build the binaries and i built so far x64 SSE2 / SSE4 / AVX2 (prob will do AVX v1 also and maybe 32bit versions)

Just a bump here saying i am a hair away from uploading, so within hours later on roughly.. didn't get bored of this and wander off lol

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:38:51 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 08:30:54 AM by Spoetnik

New version being added all builds for x64 pretty much two versions one built with MingW and one with VS2010 2013 actually

if people need 32bit build nag me about it but be warned there is a bug in the code i think that make the 32bit ver way slow Sad
so for Jackpot coin if i use the coin devs orig miner i get 80kh/s on my 4770k with 6 threads my 32bit build i get about 140kh/s
and finally on my x64 build i get a bit more than 500kh/s.. i think i know what the problem is but been too busy to fix the 32bit issue.

anyway as usual i will add the links and updated change-log info to the first post.
i'm also going to update the preview pics.. it looks different now.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:22:04 PM

let me know if anyone needs me to upload the Lib's
it should work fine with the usual libs other miners use though..

the pre-compiled windows builds i uploaded are using,

Cpuminer   2.3.3
Jansson    1.3
OpenSSL  1.0.1e
Libcurl      7.36.0
PThreads  2.9.1.0

kdfspam

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:20:26 AM

Is 32Bit still in the works? I've got a few 32Bit machines still in play that run 24/7 that I'd like to try your miner on.

Thanks.
gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:40:25 PM

Is 32Bit still in the works? I've got a few 32Bit machines still in play that run 24/7 that I'd like to try your miner on.

Thanks.

+1

hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:02:29 AM

Hi,do you have plan to make a enhanced miner for cryptoknight?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #XrKnGbkuszBlDOGH

ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:19:28 AM

Man, your links are not working, can you reupload?

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███