Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the nodes the wallet is connecting?  (Read 812 times)
jukka (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:42:00 PM

Can anybody tell?
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

Pretty much any machine running the wallet can act as a node and will relay P2P data back to the network.

The nodes that the wallet is connecting to are usually servers that are acting as designated nodes because the IP address of these are made public. This means that anybody who needs to open a wallet/daemon to download the blockchain are then able to mine, transfer funds etc using up to date transactions if they connect through these IPs.

Many currencies rely on end users having to create a .conf file which contains IP addresses of public nodes. However, a lot of currencies lately are switching away from this in favor of using DNS seeds to resolve IP addresses. Basically, DNS seeders get around the need to enter IP addresses of nodes in .conf files as these are detected and connected to automatically.

jukka (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:09:59 PM

If I would like to help some coin and setup a designated node, what should I do?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: