Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blakecoin based Counter-Strike 1.6 Server  (Read 6221 times)
Ignatius (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:43:32 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 11:20:00 PM by Ignatius

Buy Counter-Strike v1.6 Here, or preferably from a forum user with coins!

The traditional CS currency system has been replaced. When a new user enters the server they are given 1 BLC to get started. The server supports the depositing and withdrawal of Blakecoins. Blakecoins deposited are placed into the players wallet in the game. Players may set a BLC withdrawal address in game, and request withdrawals to that address. There are currently bots running around with fat wallets and low difficulty settings. The bots leave the server when enough players have joined (set to 8 currently). When only 2 players remain alive on oppossing teams dead players are presented with a menu which allows them to bet BLC on which player will win the round. There is also a bounty system, where players can place a BLC bounty on another players head. The person who kills the target first will receive the bounty.

Currently bonuses are given out to players who complete game objectives, such as:
1 BLC bonus for planting the bomb
1 BLC bonus for the bomb exploding
2 BLC bonus for defusing the bomb

A variety of other bonuses are enabled from time to time, such as a bonus for the first,second, and third killer in the round. Round Win bonuses, etc...

When you kill a player you receive 1 BLC, the victim LOSES 1 BLC.
When you kill a player with a headshot you receive 2 BLC, the victim LOSES 2 BLC.
When you kill a player with an HE Grenade you receive 2 BLC, the victim LOSES 2 BLC.
When you kill a player with a knife you receive 3 BLC, the victim LOSES 3 BLC.
If you are killed you LOSE coins per the above. The coins are taken from your wallet balance. You have been warned Wink Of course, this also opens up the possibility to profit from game play. If you kill a target who's wallet is empty or does not have enough coin to take you will not receive any coin, and they will not lose any coins and will not go negative wallet.

If you see the error in chat:
There was an error loading your wallet, please try re-connecting to the server.

Reconnect to the server and if it still fails, call an admin with the /calladmin command.

Owners of Counter-Strike 1.6 can test the server: 207.210.117.83:27015
Helpful commands:
blc_help
rank
/guns
/bounty
/calladmin

Screenshot, Blakecoin logo's added to a few maps. Some original BLC logos and some by bzyzny (nice work).

Please note, no coins are actually stored on the server at that IP Roll Eyes

You can open the console by pressing ~. The command to bind keys is:
bind "key" "action"

So:
bind "b" "say_team /guns"
And/Or:
bind "F10" "say /bounty"

It is possible to vastly improve performance via various client side settings. Inside my steamapps/common/half-life/cstrike directory I have created a file named userconfig.cfg. That file is automatically executed when the game client is run.
Code:
gl_vsync "0"               //allows for higher then the default fps
fps_max "98.5"           //sets your fps in game
cl_updaterate "100"   //sets the command rate in game

//BEGIN CODE
echo "rate settings on F8 and keywords: dslow,vslow,slow,norm,norm2;fast,vfast,lfast,and rates"
unbind "F8"

alias "dslow" "rate 15000;cl_updaterate 15;cl_cmdrate 15; bind F8 vslow;echo 15000-15-15-256K Symmetrical"
alias "vslow" "rate 20000;cl_updaterate 20;cl_cmdrate 20; bind F8 slow;echo 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical"
alias "slow" "rate 30000;cl_updaterate 30;cl_cmdrate 30; bind F8 norm;echo 30000-30-30-1MB Symmetrical"
alias "norm" "rate 40000;cl_updaterate 40;cl_cmdrate 40; bind F8 norm2;echo 40000-40-40-2MB Symmetrical"
alias "norm2" "rate 50000;cl_updaterate 50;cl_cmdrate 50; bind F8 fast;echo 50000-50-50-5MB Symmetrical"
alias "fast" "rate 60000;cl_updaterate 60;cl_cmdrate 60; bind F8 vfast;echo 60000-60-60-5+MB Symmetrical"
alias "vfast" "rate 98000;cl_updaterate 98;cl_cmdrate 98; bind F8 lfast;echo  98000-98-98-10MB down 5MBup or better"
alias "lfast" "rate 100000;cl_updaterate 101;cl_cmdrate 101; bind F8 dslow;echo 100000-100-100-Best with no packet loss"

bind "F8" "dslow"
rate 20000
cl_updaterate 20
cl_cmdrate 20
echo Rates set to 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical

This sets my rates to 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical, and also binds the F8 key. Everytime I press F8 a new set of rates are applied, allowing me to test the different values and see which results in the best performance.

Cheating is NOT allowed in this server. Admins have the ability to spectate game play without being visible on the scoreboard. If you require assistance or think someone is cheating use the /calladmin command. In the event a player is not obviously cheating you may opt to put up 500 Blakecoins and open a cheat resolution case. An admin will *secretly* spectate the accused player and make use of the ability to take screenshots and demo's on the targets client. If the accused player refuses to upload the recorded screenshots, demo's, etc, or if they are otherwise found to be cheating they will be permanently banned and you will receive your 500 BLC back. If after a thorough review by an admin an accused player is not found to be cheating you will forfeit the 500 BLC you paid and the accused player will receive 400 BLC.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

forgive me , i want to try to game , but i am totally clueless as to how you play

do i download the game from somewhere or do i have to buy it ?

also do i need any special controls,  i know a lot of people into bitcoin and coins are into gaming,  not me.

but it sounds really cool and I would like to test it out ,

also thanks for the make file i merged your gitpull into photon source,   still a mystery why i could not get that to show up glad it's corrected now....

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Ignatius (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:03:53 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:37:42 AM by Ignatius

forgive me , i want to try to game , but i am totally clueless as to how you play

do i download the game from somewhere or do i have to buy it ?

also do i need any special controls,  i know a lot of people into bitcoin and coins are into gaming,  not me.

but it sounds really cool and I would like to test it out ,

also thanks for the make file i merged your gitpull into photon source,   still a mystery why i could not get that to show up glad it's corrected now....

You would need to own or purchase a game named Counter-Strike version 1.6. It is a very old game and many people already own it so the server is intended mostly for advertising the existence of BLC. Players see the server in a list with other servers and may choose to join it, once they do they are bombarded with Blakecoin related information and given 1 free Blakecoin.

The game has a built in text chat system. Pressing Y lets you type a text message, hitting enter sends it. Pressing U lets you send a text based message to only the other members of your team, there are 2 teams. The only "command" one would need right away is to say "/guns" either to everyone (with Y) or to their team (with U). This opens a menu which allows you to get guns and equipment. It is helpful to bind this to a key, so every time you want to buy guns you don't have to hit Y then type /guns then hit enter. You can bind a key by hitting the ~ key, this opens up the console. In the console type:
Code:

Now every time you press B the gun menu opens. You can replace b with any other key.

A friend is making a video explaining all of this, hopefully he does a better job than I do.

The Blakecoin related stuff has a help page, you can pop it up by saying "blc_help". Either hit Y, type blc_help, hit enter, or put blc_help into the console.
It's all fairly basic. If you wanted to deposit coins you would issue the blc_deposit command. If you enter that command in console it will return a unique BLC deposit address, valid for one use. If you send coins (whole amounts only) to that address, they are added to your wallet in game. In order to withdraw coins you need to first use the blc_address command. By entering blc_address <your-blc-address> into console it will set your withdrawal address to <your-blc-address>. Once you have set a withdrawal address you can request a withdrawal. This is done with the blc_withdraw command. By entering blc_withdraw <#amount> into console, it will initiate a withdrawal request. Sending <#amount> to <your-blc-address>.

That's really all there is to it. I wouldn't necessarily recommend buying the game, as it is very old. At some point Steam will run a sale and a newer version of Counter-Strike will be available for as little as $5, I may very well buy that deal and set this whole thing up on the newer version of the game, with its improved graphics. (Though I will likely be keeping this 1.6 version server around, as it's my favorite version of the game)

Special controllers are not needed, most people play with their keyboard and a mouse. The WASD keys control forward, strafe left,back, strafe right movement of your character in the game. Your aim is controlled by your mouse, and left clicking fires your weapon. Many (all?) first person shooter style games use this control scheme.

Unrelated-related note: The bots are set at a difficulty of 50 on a 1-100 scale, 100 being the hardest. For someone new to the game this could be painful, for someone who has played CS for a while this is very easy. When admins have noticed players struggling they have lowered the difficulty of the bots. Ideally, 8 real human players or more are in the server which automatically causes all bots to leave.

EDIT: Added new commands:
blc_listwit -- Lists your withdrawal history
blc_listdep -- Lists your deposit history
ShXnot

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:31:59 PM

nice explain
love 1.6
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

thanks, i will try it this week !!

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:56:30 PM

Server down?

I can't seem to connect.

Firewall, duh, lol.

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

Updated main site added games excellent work Ignatius  Grin

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:57:06 PM

Please help ... When you connect to the server issues

Connecting to 207.210.117.83:27015 ...
STEAM validation reject

How to deal with it?

Ignatius (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:59:50 PM

Please help ... When you connect to the server issues

Connecting to 207.210.117.83:27015 ...
STEAM validation reject

How to deal with it?

I have no problems connecting. Do you own a copy of Counter-Strike or are you trying to connect with a "Non-Steam" version? The server only works with legitimate copies of CS.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:35:34 PM

Really cool. Too bad I suck at counter strike.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:39:22 PM

I played a bit this was fun, didn't make any blakecoins but I have no use for them anyway LOL
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

This is a really smart idea, plans on doing this with other games?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Ignatius (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:49:43 PM

This is a really smart idea, plans on doing this with other games?

No plans currently. People have asked me to do a similar setup with a person vs environment style game, rather than this person vs person setup in CS.

Did you have anything specific in mind?

Unrelated note: You can now see your withdrawal and deposit history in game via the blc_listwit and blc_listdep commands.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:01:23 PM

oh man you mean I have to actually find my disk? shit.

Port this to cs:source and I will dry hump your leg

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Ignatius (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

If you added it to Steam you can just download CS via Steam. I don't know where any of my discs are so this is mandatory  Wink

I would also like to see this implemented in source, I'm waiting on a steam sale which would make CS:S cost $5 or so. I'm a cheap bastard.
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:07:20 PM

The traditional CS currency system has been replaced. When a new user enters the server they are given 1 BLC to get started. The server supports the depositing and withdrawal of Blakecoins. Blakecoins deposited are placed into the players wallet in the game. Players may set a BLC withdrawal address in game, and request withdrawals to that address. There are currently bots running around with fat wallets and low difficulty settings. The bots leave the server when enough players have joined (set to 8 currently). When only 2 players remain alive on oppossing teams dead players are presented with a menu which allows them to bet BLC on which player will win the round. There is also a bounty system, where players can place a BLC bounty on another players head. The person who kills the target first will receive the bounty.

Currently bonuses are given out to players who complete game objectives, such as:
1 BLC bonus for planting the bomb
1 BLC bonus for the bomb exploding
2 BLC bonus for defusing the bomb

A variety of other bonuses are enabled from time to time, such as a bonus for the first,second, and third killer in the round. Round Win bonuses, etc...

When you kill a player you receive 1 BLC, the victim LOSES 1 BLC.
When you kill a player with a headshot you receive 2 BLC, the victim LOSES 2 BLC.
When you kill a player with an HE Grenade you receive 2 BLC, the victim LOSES 2 BLC.
When you kill a player with a knife you receive 3 BLC, the victim LOSES 3 BLC.
If you are killed you LOSE coins per the above. The coins are taken from your wallet balance. You have been warned Wink Of course, this also opens up the possibility to profit from game play. If you kill a target who's wallet is empty or does not have enough coin to take you will not receive any coin, and they will not lose any coins and will not go negative wallet.

If you see the error in chat:
There was an error loading your wallet, please try re-connecting to the server.

Reconnect to the server and if it still fails, call an admin with the /calladmin command.

Owners of Counter-Strike 1.6 can test the server: 207.210.117.83:27015
Helpful commands:
blc_help
rank
/guns
/bounty
/calladmin

Screenshot, Blakecoin logo's added to a few maps. Some original BLC logos and some by bzyzny (nice work).

Please note, no coins are actually stored on the server at that IP Roll Eyes

You can open the console by pressing ~. The command to bind keys is:
bind "key" "action"

So:
And/Or:
bind "F10" "say /bounty"

It is possible to vastly improve performance via various client side settings. Inside my steamapps/common/half-life/cstrike directory I have created a file named userconfig.cfg. That file is automatically executed when the game client is run.
Code:
gl_vsync "0"               //allows for higher then the default fps
fps_max "98.5"           //sets your fps in game
cl_updaterate "100"   //sets the command rate in game

//BEGIN CODE
echo "rate settings on F8 and keywords: dslow,vslow,slow,norm,norm2;fast,vfast,lfast,and rates"
unbind "F8"

alias "dslow" "rate 15000;cl_updaterate 15;cl_cmdrate 15; bind F8 vslow;echo 15000-15-15-256K Symmetrical"
alias "vslow" "rate 20000;cl_updaterate 20;cl_cmdrate 20; bind F8 slow;echo 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical"
alias "slow" "rate 30000;cl_updaterate 30;cl_cmdrate 30; bind F8 norm;echo 30000-30-30-1MB Symmetrical"
alias "norm" "rate 40000;cl_updaterate 40;cl_cmdrate 40; bind F8 norm2;echo 40000-40-40-2MB Symmetrical"
alias "norm2" "rate 50000;cl_updaterate 50;cl_cmdrate 50; bind F8 fast;echo 50000-50-50-5MB Symmetrical"
alias "fast" "rate 60000;cl_updaterate 60;cl_cmdrate 60; bind F8 vfast;echo 60000-60-60-5+MB Symmetrical"
alias "vfast" "rate 98000;cl_updaterate 98;cl_cmdrate 98; bind F8 lfast;echo  98000-98-98-10MB down 5MBup or better"
alias "lfast" "rate 100000;cl_updaterate 101;cl_cmdrate 101; bind F8 dslow;echo 100000-100-100-Best with no packet loss"

bind "F8" "dslow"
rate 20000
cl_updaterate 20
cl_cmdrate 20
echo Rates set to 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical

This sets my rates to 20000-20-20-512K Symmetrical, and also binds the F8 key. Everytime I press F8 a new set of rates are applied, allowing me to test the different values and see which results in the best performance.

Cheating is NOT allowed in this server. Admins have the ability to spectate game play without being visible on the scoreboard. If you require assistance or think someone is cheating use the /calladmin command. In the event a player is not obviously cheating you may opt to put up 500 Blakecoins and open a cheat resolution case. An admin will *secretly* spectate the accused player and make use of the ability to take screenshots and demo's on the targets client. If the accused player refuses to upload the recorded screenshots, demo's, etc, or if they are otherwise found to be cheating they will be permanently banned and you will receive your 500 BLC back. If after a thorough review by an admin an accused player is not found to be cheating you will forfeit the 500 BLC you paid and the accused player will receive 400 BLC.

how do you withdraw coins?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

vc888888

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:58:54 AM

This looks good, hope to have more plans,love 1.6 Cheesy
Ignatius (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:28:00 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 09:20:17 AM by Ignatius

how do you withdraw coins?

Set an address for coins to be sent to with the blc_address command. Doing so in console (press ~) is easier since it allows for copy and pasting. You only need to set your address once. You can request multiple withdrawals to the address after setting one.
Code:
blc_address Bf82oPfZM3ewgvDQHcsaby9WgJJMJbyXbK

The server then says "Your Blakecoin withdrawal address has been set to Bf82oPfZM3ewgvDQHcsaby9WgJJMJbyXbK"

Now you can use the blc_withdraw command to request a withdrawal.
Code:
blc_withdraw 10

Assuming you have 10 or more coins in game, the server will then say "Your Blakecoin withdrawal request will be processed during the next batch payout!"
You will be unable to request another withdraw until that withdrawal has been sent out. 10 coins will be sent to Bf82oPfZM3ewgvDQHcsaby9WgJJMJbyXbK.

If you say blc_listwit in chat it will open the in game browser and list your withdrawals that have been processed, date, time, and transaction id linked to the blockchain explorer.

If you have a problem let me know. All of this is explained in game. Read the MOTD shown when you join the server. In game chat say blc_help, this has multiple pages of info.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:30:52 PM

If you added it to Steam you can just download CS via Steam. I don't know where any of my discs are so this is mandatory  Wink

I would also like to see this implemented in source, I'm waiting on a steam sale which would make CS:S cost $5 or so. I'm a cheap bastard.

CS 1.6 is the best CS:S is just a skin of CS 1.6

RAmen to that! Could not agree more!

Shit I wish that I had... though I picked up Source a few years back on sale for $5 so maybe they will run it again... then again, mayhaps if you posted a donation address for porting to source I'm sure folks would throw down

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
ecoinspro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

that is an instresting idea
but how does one get to play this game ?
where do we download it ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: