Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 142396 times)
doublespend timestamp

Activity: 125
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:01:11 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 11:15:01 AM by doublespend timestamp

Martti Malmi Retweeted

Cøbra

@CobraBitcoin
 Aug 31
More
Craig Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto.

90 replies 102 retweets 700 likes
Reply 90   Retweet 102   Like 700
https://twitter.com/CobraBitcoin/status/1035683067086757889

=======================

Martti Malmi Retweeted

Nick Szabo

@NickSzabo4
 May 15
More Nick Szabo Retweeted ck-SNARKs 🌚 🍿
Centralized digital services, whether in traditional finance or in the crypto biz, are extremely vulnerable to local lawsuits and political pressure. They will be increasingly censored year by year as political activists continue to learn more about these fat tempting targets.
https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4/status/996436151865982976
=======================

Martti Malmi Retweeted

Gavin Andresen

@gavinandresen
 Feb 14
More
Why many early crypto adopters are probably not as rich as you think:

48 replies 187 retweets 562 likes
Reply 48   Retweet 187   Like 562
https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/963865467852075008
=======================

Martti Malmi

@marttimalmi
 Jan 23
More
Satoshi keeps changing his email address and style of writing. Security through obscurity?
https://twitter.com/marttimalmi/status/955741358433734656
========================

Martti Malmi

@marttimalmi
 Jan 11
More
I believe bitcoin was originally a one-man tinkering project, not a group of people working on it or some government conspiracy.
https://twitter.com/marttimalmi/status/951381049392721920
==========================

Excerpt from an email of mine dated Nov. 21st, 2018:

I had not

previously known his connection to BTC, but I recognized his name and knew the personal

connection of Martti to my friend, as my friend digitally "introduced" me to him.

... On June 2nd or 3rd 2009, I was in Helsinki in a political asylum program.  I was in touch

on Skype with Martti-- I believe Martti Malmi...then a young, super-private student of perhaps 22 or

23, to the best of my memory.  He had a profound interest in international politics, specifically in my political

case too.  I was then resident in his country, Finland.  We dicussed an event which occurred on June 2nd in the USA.  (I will tell you

what that event was if we converse.  I recall these details extremely clearly! )  Martti was upset, and Martti was very reclusive,

but had, some days earlier, offered to send me money (which I told him I did not need).  

=======================

Excerpt from an email of mine dated approx. Nov. 23rd, 2018:

This man made me one of the firsts (sic) few hundred downloaders of the BTC software and gifted me 10 or 12 coins (I forget the precise number and my 2.1 or 2.2 speed Sony Vaio tower was lost when I was deported from Estonia later in 2009 after seeking political asylum in Helsinki).

=======================

On June 3rd, 2009, I typed Skype with Martti from a Helsinki urban library re the raid on Tom Metzger's home by the ATF.  That raid is mentioned in Ton's Wiki.  You can go read it.  I must go somewhere now, but will link some pics later.  This was at least my second "in-country", in-Helsinki chat with Martti.  Martti was a very young, extremely reclusive univ. student at the time with a big interest in freedom of speech and America libertarian, rightist, free speech issues. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dagar69

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:17:54 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the unknown person or people who developed bitcoin, authored the bitcoin white paper, and created and deployed bitcoin's original reference implementation. As part of the implementation, they also devised the first block chain database.
doublespend timestamp

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 06:49:12 PM by doublespend timestamp

I wonder if James is getting ready to reveal he is Satoshi on this tenth anniversary.  That would be terrific for the world, as the considerable body of his

writings would be immediately a kind of internet Encyclopedia Britannica for the planet, as would anything else he writes or speaks

from here on out.  As well, he could use and enjoy his deserved wealth openly.  It would be a change, an engaging and respected one for him.  That'd be cool.

Maybe he could figure out a way for ASIC miners in China to stop being the #1 reapers of Bitcoin by far, though that may have already been accomplished with the

current bear market.  I noticed he mentioned something in a comment on a Steve Sailer piece about the need to get back to GPU mining-- like mobile

Electroneum, maybe, albeit with somewhat less than 50 Bitcoins every ten minutes?

Wish he could work with the NANO people on their lattice too, and on a GPU mined Monero fork, or something equally as radical.

https://www.facebook.com/jabowery?ref=br_rs

https://i.postimg.cc/MGry450Y/james-bowery-on-satoshi-s-identity.jpg

By the way, I've read, but do not know the veracity, Satoshi began this very forum, bitcointalk.org .  Is it true?  He bought the vbulletin under

the Satoshi Nakamoto name, the server space and installed vbulletin?  It looks, color wise, like a clone of Stormfront, lulz!  Blue is a good choice,

as research proves people linger longest on blue.

Screenshot of Nick Szabo following James Bowery on twitter:
https://i.postimg.cc/kGZMPV1z/nick-szabo-following-james-bowery.jpg

Screenshot of Steve Sailer following James Bowery on twitter:
https://i.postimg.cc/SN6QvKLT/steve-sailer-following-james-bowery.jpg

James Bowery banking meltdown Sept 2008 Bitcoin January 2009 Conicidence? from his Facebook screenshot November 21st, 2018:
https://i.postimg.cc/sXDx7GMG/james-bowery-banking-meltdown-sept-2008-Bitcoin-jan-2009-coincid.jpg

doublespend timestamp: 1D6emeERu2aTBXP1LD9xFQLRZv57K4Gady
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:19:45 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7pfl75/a_public_appeal_to_michael_marquardt_the_original/

Rafiqul

Activity: 1358
Merit: 10

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:43:45 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is a founder of bitcoin. Many people say Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of people whose are created bitcoin. Bitcoin and blockchain technology is the greatest invention of the world.

Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:47:39 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is a founder of bitcoin. Many people say Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of people whose are created bitcoin. Bitcoin and blockchain technology is the greatest invention of the world.

It may well be that the Creator of bitcoin is actually a group of enthusiasts who want to create a product that could give people real freedom and independence from the shackles of state pressure. It doesn't really matter if it's one person or a large group, but it's a great happiness for all of us as humanity that this is happening in our time.

suzukiy

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

too much news about Satosi Nakamoto, so that makes people confused and do not know who he really is, in my opinion he is only a pseudonym is not his real name, which I know Sotosi Nakamoto is a maker of bitcoin, that's all I know
doublespend timestamp

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:14:47 AM

I'd like to thank the mods of this board for their considered forbearance in allowing my detailed account in this Satoshi Nakamoto thread. - doublespend timestamp

====================================================

James Bowery said...
Another vulnerability is covert occupation of the open source authority over the cryptocurrency. This is a real threat. An example: When I was implementing the "shop at home" encryption protocols for the Viewtron system back in 1982, I was given a spec that required the use of the weak DES system being promoted by NSA at the time. I started to implement an RSA public key initiation and was told to stop by the shop at home project director (I don't recall the name now). When I discussed with him my reasoning -- which included the fact that the NSA had a conflict of interest in promoting the DES system and that there were indications that the NSA could throw hardware at it to break it -- the project director told me flat out that he had worked for the NSA. Now, its true that getting an NSA operative into position in a joint venture between the largest newspaper chain and pre-breakup AT&T would not be that difficult, but really, would it be much more difficult to subvert a volunteer group of programmers in charge of a cryptocurrency's algorithms?

Reply Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 12:29 PM
https://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2014/06/the-nsa-now-owns-bitcoin.html

=======================================

From A 2 Step Simple & Accurate Bitcoin Mining Calculator (2018 Updated)
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-mining/bitcoin-mining-calculator/

James Bowery's comment of 6 days ago:

This calculator is insensitive to electricity costs.

==========================================

A good quote from Bowery from TOO:

Hate is the reaction by the powerless to insular power. Accusing someone of “hate” is to accuse them of being powerless and, yourself, of identifying with insular power.
https://eginotes.wordpress.com/category/james-bowery/

James Bowery
Posted 4 years ago

Tragically, Thomas Piketty misses a key point of principle and in so doing also misses the key to the coalition that turns wealth taxation into a political slam-dunk. If one simply treats government as a mutual property insurance corporation that charges insurance premiums rather than levying taxes, and in exchange indemnifies against force and fraud -- a corporation in which all adult citizens are voting share holders who can demand, via their board of directors, payout of dividends instead of public sector rent seeking in the guise of delivery of social goods -- everyone from libertarians to communists can be brought together in a united political coalition. Yes, there will be resistance from the powers that be, as Machiavelli warned all who would institute a new order of things. This inevitable resistance is all the more reason to stop ignoring the powerful coalition that will form around a philosophically coherent policy.

https://www.ted.com/talks/thomas_piketty_new_thoughts_on_capital_in_the_twenty_first_century/discussion?referrer=playlist-understanding_world_economics
===================================================
https://majorityrights.com/weblog/comments/the_death_of_midwestern_computing_and_what_might_have_been

The Death of Midwestern Computing and What Might Have Been

Posted by James Bowery on Thursday, 18 December 2008 16:23.   
I’ve uploaded a video blast-from-the-past showing one small example an analogue of Leif Erickson’s discovery of Vinland, or the Apollo Moon landings:  Midwest computer networking.

Click here to watch it.

As for what might have been: Imagine the Internet arriving in the home 15 years earlier than it did, completely bypassing Bill Gates and the standalone computer.  Imagine a Midwest able to retain its educated boomers who might have been able to afford families there.  Imagine independent engineering leadership breaking free from NASA’s stranglehold on industrialization of space, not in the 21st century, but in the 1980s.

As I previously wrote for VDARE:

A Reader Reminds Us That It Wasn’t Immigrants Who Invented The Computer Industry
Re: Norm Matloff’s Tamar Jacoby–”Silicon Valley Would Not Exist Without Immigration.” Wrong!
James Bowery email him wrote:

Matloff ignores the obvious fact that Silicon Valley would not exist without the Midwestern middle class WASPs. As Tom Wolfe documents in his Forbes article:, Robert Noyce and His Congregation,[August 25, 1997] virtually all of the essential inventions upon which Silicon Valley was founded were created by the much-derided, non-“vibrant”, “white-bread”, “middle class” of “fly-over country”. Last month I asked the aging Bob Johnson—former CTO of Burroughs Corporation when it was a leading mainframe company in Minneapolis where he developed the magnetic ink you see on the bottom of your checks—what he thought caused the loss of the Midwestern high tech leadership to the coasts, and he said it was the financial dominance of the coasts. That squares with what I observed while at Control Data Corporation/Cray Research, Inc. The reason Bill Norris and Seymour Cray were able to start CDC thence Cray Research was because they violated SEC regs and went around selling stock at PTA meetings, making a lot of middle class people retire very comfortably. My late father bought some Cray stock early on which helped greatly with his retirement. When I was at CDC in Arden Hills, MN attempting to deploy the mass market version of the PLATO network with Internet-like capabilities (the system that Ray Ozzie (Bill Gates’ replacement at Microsoft) cut his teeth on) in 1980 the primary resistance was from a middle management that, due to the financial press’ hostility toward Norris’s vision of a society disintermediated by computer networking, small high-tech farms and locally produced and consumed essentials—had itself grown hostile to Norris. My proposed solution is simple to state but will perhaps require a war to institute:

Replace all taxes on economic activity with a tax on net-assets, assessed at their in-place liquidation value, at the risk free interest rate (which according to modern portfolio theory is the short-term US Treasury rate) so as to extract all economic rents from the private sector, and then, to prevent public sector rent-seeking in pork-barrel politics, disperse those funds evenly in a dividend to all citizens, as the beneficiaries of the land-trust called the United States. That will not only stop the vicious centralization of power in the private and public sectors, but it will clarify the role of immigration—it is a dilution of the benefits intended for the Posterity of the Founders of the land trust called The United States of America. James Bowery’s previous letter is here.

PS: I am available for consulting at $8/hour.  

( EDIT: Re above line in red-- hire Satoshi Nakamoto in December 2008 contiguous with the time he was coding Bitcoin for $8.00 an hour?  I did later. -doublespend timestamp )
https://majorityrights.com/weblog/comments/echelon

Echelon

Posted by James Bowery on Friday, 19 February 2010 10:07.   
Just something I noticed about yesterday’s news out of Austin, Texas.  It may be nothing, of course…

From a 1999 story at slashdot:

Echelon Confirmed by Australians
Posted by   CmdrTaco
on Wed Nov 03, 1999 01:45 PM

from the do-you-see-what-I-see dept.
News
Arctic Fox writes ”The BBC has a story reporting that Australian intellegence confirms the existance of Echelon. “  Obviously there is no “Official” confirmation, but its still pretty interesting.  “They” are definitely watching.

And, keeping in mind that 1999 was before Google took over Deja New’s archives and before Usenet had ceased being the major means of Internet commentary—my response:

What the Investigative Reporters Missed
(Score:3) by Baldrson (78598) writes: on Wednesday November 03 1999, @01:30PM (#1566010) Homepage Journal

Fact 1—Deja News is in the Echelon building: [citivu.com]

Deja News, Inc.
9430 Research Boulevard
Echelon II, Suite. 350
Austin, TX 78759

Fact 2—Cycorp [cyc.com] makes what are arguably the best tools for scanning the web for concepts.

Fact 3—Cycorp was a spinoff of MCC [mcc.com].

Fact 4—Deja News, Inc., Cycorp and MCC are within walking distance of each other.

Fact 5—Bobby Ray Inman [surnameweb.org] was the first director of the MCC.

Fact 6—Bobby Ray Inman is a spook’s spook.

I may be a bit biased here since I was invited to go to work at the MCC when it was in its early formative stages (before Austin had been selected). My office was, at that time, at Arden Hills operations at Control Data Corporation, just two stories above about an acre of supercomputers that had signs hung on them that read “Fort Meade” [cmu.edu].

As Seymour [ucar.edu] used to say to the “insurance” agents located at the “Thorp Insurance offices” out in the middle of the corn fields near his farm where his tribe was building the Cray-1:

“Just don’t let my people know you’re here.”

His address is 6001 West Palmer Ln, Suite 370 #167
Austin Tx, 78727

Google it and u get:
http://www.ascendantmarketing.com/contact-us/

Look at the Bottom

North America
Ascendant Marketing
6001 West Palmer Ln, Suite 370 #167
Austin Tx, 78727
Ph: (512) 239-8066
Email: services@ascendantmarketing.com
Middle East
Ascendant Marketing
PO Box 34812
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ph: (97150) 5501609
Email: services@ascendantmarketing.com
And more trivia:

Stack’s website was last modified on

April 19
, 2004.
======================================

Is there a programming language that can be used in all environments and for all purposes? (Web server, mobile, Mac, Windows, machine learning, big data, AI, IoT, robotics, etc)?
James Bowery
James Bowery, Programming since 1972.
Answered Dec 29, 2017

The current answer is Python but JavaScript is trending due to the burgeoning npm/node platform and enormous resources going into optimizing JavaScript.

What are next possible challenges for Google's DeepMind to fascinate the World?
James Bowery
James Bowery, Orignator of idea for Hutter Prize for Lossless Compression of Human Knowledge
Answered May 23, 2016

Beat humans* at creating the smallest (most highly compressed) executable archive of Wikipedia.

This is equivalent to proving that DeepMind has a higher verbal intelligence than humans.

However… The fact that DeepMind was founded by the first PhD students** of Marcus Hutter, and that DeepMind has _not_ been at the forefront of advocating for an X-Prize for data compression along the lines of the Hutter Prize, indicates to me that Alpha Corporation sees Hutter's insight into a metric for AGI as something they'd rather not promote outside of their internal work.

*By “humans” I mean hand-coded compression algorithms designed specifically to compress a snapshot of Wikipedia. DeepMind is often touted as “model free”, which, of course, it cannot be since it has been proven that there is no such thing as a universal compression algorithm. Nevertheless, DeepMind does legitimately claim to have developed what might be called a meta-model — a model of how models are constructed — and that toward the goal of artificial general intelligence superior in at least some ways to human scientists.

**Back in 2006 I was asked on Slashdot what my advice would be for students interested in a career in AGI. My response then was to go study under Marcus Hutter. My advice now to the general public regarding AGI is to back compression prizes -- specifically of natural language corpora such as the Wikipedia change log. This is the first step toward "friendly" AGI as it reduces the chance of misunderstanding between humans and AGIs.

833 Views · View Upvoters
https://www.quora.com/profile/James-Bowery

===============================

Jim Bowery's HS Freshman sci-fi story:
http://jimbowery.blogspot.com/2016/09/johnny.html
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:33:42 AM

no idea, but he is defiantly not showing his face in such dip Smiley
Cryptobiter
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the one who created and designed the crypto but his identification is unknown he never tell his identification to everyone. He is also associated with blockchain technology. 
Stargazing

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:23:55 AM

I think we will never know who it really is.
Biet12

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:38:49 AM

who knows Huh? I never knew who he really was, because he always hid his profile.

[tengah] [url = https: //codex.one]  ■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CODEX ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
■ ▬ ▬▬  PERTUKARAN MATA UANG CRYPTO DARI TOMORROW ▬▬▬ ■ [/
utpalk

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

A mystic.
MTNAX

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:00:14 PM

I don't think anyone knows for sure who is actually Satoshi Nakamoto, but there are many rumors that he is very influential in the world of crypto. Nobody knows the real face of Satoshi Nakamoto because he always hid his identity.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:05:37 PM

I am sure that no one will ever be able to guess who Satoshi Nakamoto is. it is likely that this is a fictional character
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:58:34 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the unknown person or people who developed bitcoin, authored the bitcoin white paper, and created and deployed bitcoin's original reference implementation. As part of the implementation, they also devised the first block chain database.

I guess, most of the people that work with Bitcoin, know about it, but no one knows if it is the truth. I remember, several months ago the information that Elon Musk could be BTC father appeared, but the millionaire said it was not his "fault".
BFEditing

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 09:08:37 PM

I think one day people will know. Eventually the person would want recognition, no? Or perhaps Satoshi is a ghost...
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:10:30 PM

its better that nobody knows how Satoshi Nakamoto is or where ihe lives or is it a he XD
Be course he will have no life again after that release . But as a ghost he can go where ever he whats.

kind regards
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:48:43 PM

Honestly, I have no definitive version of who Satoshi Nakamoto could be. Sometimes when I read assumptions about the fact that Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of programmers who work for some kind of government - sometimes it seems pretty convincing to me. Another time, when I re-read the messages Satoshi left for his colleagues, I start to think that this was a real person.
BurgerCash

Activity: 187

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:50:41 PM

Honestly, I have no definitive version of who Satoshi Nakamoto could be. Sometimes when I read assumptions about the fact that Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of programmers who work for some kind of government - sometimes it seems pretty convincing to me. Another time, when I re-read the messages Satoshi left for his colleagues, I start to think that this was a real person.
I'm almost certain it was a group of people and not a single individual.
Although this theory makes the sudden disappearance a bit weirder.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: