Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you contacted Wood Law yet?
Yes - 4 (26.7%)
No - 11 (73.3%)
I will be using my own lawyer - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ActiveMining] Lawsuit Discussion  (Read 7909 times)
lobbes (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:41:20 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 02:45:26 PM by lobbes

Please contact Wood Law if you have lost money due to Ken's negligent and/or deceptive tactics (lies).

'Secretary of State Jason Kander has halted a Springfield resident's Bitcoin-based investment activity, saying in a news release today that Kenneth Slaughter used "deceptive tactics" to convince online investors to pay for the development of Bitcoin mining equipment.'

Wood Law phone#: 1-816-256-3582
Wood Law Alt. Phone: 1-888-237-0999
Website: http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/virtual-mining-corporation-and-active-mining-corporation

EDIT (May 08): Several days after creating this thread, Ken started to transfer shares over to CT. Shareholders can now exit (albeit at a significant loss).

Shareholder complaints (last updated on May 29, 2014)
Action Needed Status Ken's last communication
Highlighting key products on website to drive salesIncomplete'We are working on something else more important.'
Additional hashpower to be added to DatacenterIncomplete'We are having some problems keeping our AC running, this is why we have not increased the hashrate. The project manager has now got the AC people working to correct the problem.'
Release of latest financial dataIncomplete'Which do you want Sales or Report, working on getting us a CPA and getting the taxes done.  Can't keep Customer Service Reps due to all the threats and bad language.'
Plan for ActM's own chipIncompleteKen has stated that 'We are working on getting our own chip,' but when asked for a timetable, Ken's response is 'Can't say at this point, lot of thing are happening.'
CT migrationIncomplete'I will finish the shares transfers as soon as I can. I expect this to be in the next few days.'
Release dividendsIncomplete'Dividends will not be paid until after this migration [May 21, 2014]'

Refunds (last updated on July 2, 2014)
CustomerStatusOrder Reference
Magzy2nd Refund check arrived - awaiting clearance at bank
metalchainStill waitingWNJRGEIAX
cryptoconomistStill waiting
meccaflare0Waiting since Jan 2014SXWTSYTQH
greek_hephaestusUnknown
lenart_oWaiting since Mar 2014VOAEWDKKJ
coindesk.comStill waiting; two checks sent with misspellings; one unsigned
danielbrogrenWaiting since Feb 2014JWXKFWTOW
btcriconStill waiting
qukkMWaiting since Jan 2014
jasonringWaiting since Jan 2014
HardwareReviewerRefunded
slavixWaiting since March 2014IHHOAKLGE

Related threads
Index of Active Mining Threads
Scam accusation thread
Hardware - Magzy thread
Hardware - RoadStress thread
Securities - Crumbs thread
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #HJvMfKhNoqgubE9y
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #cpV32TYYfucoB7H7

lobbes (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

This keeps getting deleted from the official thread. I hope shareholders deliver on this deadline. Investors have given Ken plenty of chances:

Ken I've had more than enough of this silence and enough of being deleted from this thread.

At this point with the website remaining unchanged I don't believe your aim is to make a success of this company.

So i'll be joining the shareholders side of the Wood Law case against ACtM if you don't come clean and answer to what everyone is asking you about:

verification of shares
situation with msd
accounts
staff pay
profits from mining and sales
ACtM chip
ACtM savings
3 month plan

None of this will be forth coming - so i'll be contacting Woods in 48 hours.

bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

The censor queens are out in full affect.  I have probably posted seven times in that thread, all but two have been deleted, and not one was trolling, all pertained to the many issues at hand.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Mod - what do you think gives you the right to ban me from this thread?

This thread was created to allow shareholders to delete Trolls. So why have you banned me? And what gives you that right because when I supported this thread and asked Ken to support it that was to keep Trolls out - not legitimate shareholders.

The Advisory Board, minerpart, and many others like him... notice how they all eventually abandoned ship (enough is enough) or were forcefully removed from the discussion (censored, banned)?  That would and should speak volumes.  Everyone backs Ken up until they don't or can't anymore, by either choice or force.  Its kind of sad to see all the supporters and faithful members be pushed around, cut out, and treated like they are nothing.

Old Man River will certainly rue the day
ActM Thread

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:29:01 PM

Minepart was put on probation in that thread. (Read Banned until further notice)

All of his posts will be removed regardless of what is written in them.
Any posts quoting those posts will be removed regardless of what is written in them.

This is a very simple system, one that we have used since the thread opened.

Some posts are well written and are completely against Ken and Activemining which we have no issue with but include an attack or "troll" on another user for a small portion of the post and the entire post has to then be deleted.
If you would like to post something please do so without quoting banned users, attacking other users, or trolling in general and your post will not be deleted.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

Simon aka zumzero you have removed my Mod abilities and banned me from the thread because I called you a dickhead and a cock in pm.

That is NOT a justifiable reason to ban me from the thread and remove my Mod rights. 

Yesterday you were calling notlambchop all sorts of obscenities on the thread over multiple posts and got into a debate with him. THAT is the sort of behaviour that SHOULD get someone a warning - yet it was carried out by YOU.

None of the mods have agreed to banning someone and deleting all their posts for sending some pms. You have taken it upon yourself to ban someone because the power has simply gone to your head.

The damage you are doing to this company right now is staggering.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

lobbes - agree 100% with everything you say there. Ken has lost my confidence, I don't trust him anymore and his actions or lack of actions are not that of what you would expect of a CEO in his position.

If we leave him to it over the next few months I'm sure we will log in one day to see he has said 'sorry its over we ran out of funds'. Well that's no surprise when the website is a joke, customer services are literally disgusting and our reputation has been shattered by the delays and amateurish behaviour of all parts of ACtM.

If we go down the Woods Law class-action route we could at least get 10% of our money back. That will be a lot better than 0% which is what we are facing right now as Ken continues to slowly run this company into the ground.
bitlind

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:30:47 PM

Simon aka zumzero you have removed my Mod abilities and banned me from the thread because I called you a dickhead and a cock in pm.

That is NOT a justifiable reason to ban me from the thread and remove my Mod rights. 

Yesterday you were calling notlambchop all sorts of obscenities on the thread over multiple posts and got into a debate with him. THAT is the sort of behaviour that SHOULD get someone a warning - yet it was carried out by YOU.

None of the mods have agreed to banning someone and deleting all their posts for sending some pms. You have taken it upon yourself to ban someone because the power has simply gone to your head.

The damage you are doing to this company right now is staggering.

Ken has him beat, but I side with you miner... no reason to be giving you, one of the biggest supporters of all time the boot simply because you question things now.  The hypocrisy of those who control Actm Thread is the staggering part... someone should delete his worthless post here since it doesn't add anything to the lawsuit discussion.

Way to troll lobbes' thread Actm, hypocrite
lobbes (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

Personal drama aside, the damage to this company lies squarely on Ken's shoulders.

We can fight all we want about the censorship issue, or trolling, or FUD, but that is just a red herring. Always has been. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Crumbs was actually Ken at this point.

Zum has a point that we shouldn't be wasting our time attacking each other, however I would say we need to be rallying against the true cause of this (Mr. Slaughter)

If we weren't living in a vacuum of information, Trolls wouldn't have too much to troll about.

EDIT:

If we go down the Woods Law class-action route we could at least get 10% of our money back. That will be a lot better than 0% which is what we are facing right now as Ken continues to slowly run this company into the ground.

+1

My point, exactly

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

Zum has a point that we shouldn't be wasting our time attacking each other

If it wasn't him who banned me and is doing all the deleting I could see the sense in that, as it is I think he just wants us to back Ken till the bitter end.
ActM Thread

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:40:24 PM

Zum has a point that we shouldn't be wasting our time attacking each other

If it wasn't him who banned me and is doing all the deleting I could see the sense in that, as it is I think he just wants us to back Ken till the bitter end.

I guess you should see some sense then. You are not getting moderated by "Zum".

Sorry about off topic Lobbes, continue on.
bitlind

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Personal drama aside, the damage to this company lies squarely on Ken's shoulders.

We can fight all we want about the censorship issue, or trolling, or FUD, but that is just a red herring. Always has been. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Crumbs was actually Ken at this point.

Zum has a point that we shouldn't be wasting our time attacking each other, however I would say we need to be rallying against the true cause of this (Mr. Slaughter)

If we weren't living in a vacuum of information, Trolls wouldn't have too much to troll about.

EDIT:

+1

My point, exactly

Agreed 100% and I can speak only for myself, I do not attack others in that thread.  The rallying cry "Ken needs to act now" has been beating for the better part of a year now.  He clearly doesn't give a shit about anyone of us, he even says he is 100% honest with us.  He bold face lies to everyone then comes on here to say he is honest with us, that right there is a slap in the face.  The man is an old, washed up, has been, who displays this image of being an engineer... people ate that up, I know I did early on.  Only until I talked to him several times over the course of 3-4 months did I start to feel odd, but so many behind him and an Advisory Board, I thought he couldn't screw it up with all the help he was thought to be receiving.  Then shares stop trading, board disappears, each supporter turns a 180 but is replaced by a new supporter.  FUD turns into certainty and we are left here.  The guy cant code, he can't even manage his own Exchange server, he can't even communicate verbally let alone communicate in a proper sentence structure on this site.  He can't remember lies told two weeks ago and has to lie more to cover it up currently.  The guy is a sad excuse for what is bitcoin and what has become of those inside of bitcoin who work with him.  He will just be a lesson learned for many years down the line, and I will look back at this and laugh at the legacy he leaves behind.  If my last name was Slaughter I would be looking to change it.  If I was married to this man, I would be signing with my maiden name.  If I were Micah, I would delete every single front facing social media account immediately and hide from the shame his father has put on his name.

Like I have said in the past, it is with great surprise that someone hasn't shown up on his doorstep and taken matters into their own hands.  
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

How many shareholders do we need for the class action lobbes? Count me in I know Ken won't be getting back on any of these points - if he even got a chance to read them before they were deleted by his really smart Mod team.

bitlind

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

I have my own lawyer but am going to be speaking with them regarding this class action suit and due course.  If it makes more sense from here, and joining together to bring some sort of balance to this inept individual, I will be all for it.

Comedy abound, the reality is probably this:

Ken is just so bumblingly inept, compounded by his Asperger's and social anxiety, he failed and failed time and time again in his dreams of hitting it big as an entrepreneur.  Bitcoin just gave him an avenue to affect even more people with his stupidity, he crowd funded it.  That should be a new trademark for him

Crowd Funding my ineptitude since 2013!
lobbes (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:16:08 PM

How many shareholders do we need for the class action lobbes? Count me in I know Ken won't be getting back on any of these points - if he even got a chance to read them before they were deleted by his really smart Mod team.

Great question, but I am certainly no lawyer. My main purpose of this thread is to get the ball rolling.   

This source says 'Although it sometimes helps if several people are named as plaintiffs in the suit, a single person is generally enough to file a lawsuit so long as the attorney for the class has a good faith belief that a number of other people were injured in a similar way. It generally takes at least 30-50 people with similar claims, and sometimes many more, to qualify as a class action.'

I would love it if someone who is a little more versed in the law could weigh-in.

Either way, if you are in, it wouldn't hurt to contact Wood Law Firm: http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/virtual-mining-corporation-and-active-mining-corporation

@bitlind - let us know any info you can once you speak with your lawyer.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

Good info lobbes. I guess they are talking about losses of a few k per claimant - so 30 x 2k is around 60k total losses. We will have a lot more than that he took what a million dollars? And obviously everyone is in the same boat so everyone has incurred a loss.

So the claim is a good one, i'll be contacting them via their form submission tomorrow. If they want to call me back international rates ill let them pay the call fee.
bitlind

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

I posted this in the "official" thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.msg6267625#msg6267625

One of many points was to say that I was holding off on taking legal action.  When Ken was to release his financial reports I knew it wasn't going to happen.  Part of the problem is how his business is defined and the functions it performs.  In speaking with my lawyer, he even told me to be surprised if we ever see those reports.  He being a manufacturer and distributor of bitcoin machines, a miner, a security operator and how he incorporated two companies rather than just one make tax and financial implications not only complicated but massive.  The least of Kens worries will be his shareholders when the government decides to slam the book on his 75 year old head, and that is probably his mentality now even if the SEC, FinCEN or IRS have not begun to investigate.

Simply put, Ken jumped into an ocean 30 miles from land without a raft, life jacket or the ability to swim.  He really didn't think about the long term catastrophe he was setting in motion.  If he isn't looking at the world in a uniform and behind bars in 1-2 years time I would be incredibly surprised.

I am out of town this week, but I have emailed with my council, if I get any more important information regarding what we have here I will gladly pass them along.  Regardless of the short term prospect of a return, I don't see anything happening soon.  A return, any kind of return, would be nice, poetic justice would be the cell.

What is one thing Danny Brewster and Kenneth Slaughter do not have in common?  It is only one thing...

Danny knew to run and hide... Ken is slower mentally and physically, his exit will take much longer.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:12:16 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

We know they are real Vince. The problem is selling just 5 of these a week for the next few months that they remain profitable to mine with is not going to make us any money whatsoever.

And mining 80th/s is likewise not going to make us any money whatsoever.

So where are we making our money right now? Not in sales or mining.
bitlind

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:49:59 PM

Yep miner, I was just censored for pointing out he had a free site already created for him and shot it down in favor of his with mtgox addon and to lose our money excuse.  I wonder if the hardcore actm thread people who manage that account can be considered part of actm or liable alongside Ken for the lies told to shareholders and misuse of company funds.  Probably not unfortunately
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:09:46 PM

It's this unreasonable censorship that has made me take a step back and ask what exactly is going on here. They are not conspirators just ignorant, morally superior die hards with a diminished sense of reality. They are also arrogant fascists unwilling to let others have their fair say.

This is so over, it never really had a chance with Ken solely  in charge. These brown shirts will have faith in their leader  till the end though.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:11:55 PM

I'm a very large shareholder, and I would be strongly against any legal action at this moment.

We are finally seeing some movement by Ken, and I think it is best to give him time to keep the momentum going.

We now have our shares, mining is happening, there is improvement.

We still need to know more, and for more to happen, but now is the time to allow that to happen.

If it doesnt, then we can revisit thoughts of legal action.

Taking action now would be shooting ourselves in the foot, and a sure way of killing any hope of return of wealth.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: