Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BDC]BLACK DRAGON COIN: block explorer, poloniex/cryptoaltex exchange  (Read 49737 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:30:11 PM

i'm embarassed. can someone tell me how to unlock the wallet please  Roll Eyes

To unlock a wallet you go into console and type walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD 99999

That will unlock the wallet for 99K seconds.

I'm just curious why you want to unlock the wallet? Its only necessary in PoS coins for them to start minting.

thanks for the reply. i'd tried that before, it doesn't work!

just now i tried again:

text shows in blue

Code:
walletpassphrase xxxxxx 99999 true

got me:

text shows in red

Code:

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout>
Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for <timeout> seconds. (code -1)

and down in the r.h. corner, shows wallet still locked

the reason i'm asking is that i suppose that someday i may want to send someone some coins   Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:16:27 PM

i'm embarassed. can someone tell me how to unlock the wallet please  Roll Eyes

To unlock a wallet you go into console and type walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD 99999

That will unlock the wallet for 99K seconds.

I'm just curious why you want to unlock the wallet? Its only necessary in PoS coins for them to start minting.

thanks for the reply. i'd tried that before, it doesn't work!

just now i tried again:

text shows in blue

Code:
walletpassphrase xxxxxx 99999 true

got me:

text shows in red

Code:

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout>
Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for <timeout> seconds. (code -1)

and down in the r.h. corner, shows wallet still locked

the reason i'm asking is that i suppose that someday i may want to send someone some coins   Wink

Easy answer, when sending coins the wallet asks you for a password. It unlocks, sends then locks. The only reason you need to unlock a wallet with the wallettpassphrase command would be to stake in a POS coin. Something like Blackcoin or PinkCoin.
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:46:42 PM

Yo, Cloudpost! Don't let this one die off like this. This coin got off to a good start and has a cool theme. I still have the first wallpaper that was released as my desktop.

MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:27:39 PM

The network is down. Can't sync wallet. Need to get coins off Polo before they close the market.

Sucks this happens just as I decide to transfer my coins off the exchange. Thats what I get for waiting until the last day I suppose.
BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:17:20 PM

The network is down. Can't sync wallet. Need to get coins off Polo before they close the market.

Sucks this happens just as I decide to transfer my coins off the exchange. Thats what I get for waiting until the last day I suppose.

Yea I was really disappointed to see this coin slowly Die.

I was mining it for a while and even bought quite a few pretty much at the high because I wanted it to succeed.

Cloudpost was communicating with me for a while but then nothing...

I'm working on the GPU Miner for CoinShield which launches this month.

It's supposed to help prevent things like this or at least make them not hurt as much.

I'll be mining that when it officially launches.

The dev seems dedicated and sincere. Especially since he's spent almost 6 months implementing a completely new system and algorithm.

A coin needs a dedicated dev team that will continue to support the coin to succeed.

I believe ConShield will and that's why I've dedicated so much of my time making a new GPU miner specifically for it.

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:16:28 PM

Yea I was really disappointed to see this coin slowly Die.

I was mining it for a while and even bought quite a few pretty much at the high because I wanted it to succeed.

Cloudpost was communicating with me for a while but then nothing...

I'm working on the GPU Miner for CoinShield which launches this month.

It's supposed to help prevent things like this or at least make them not hurt as much.

I'll be mining that when it officially launches.

The dev seems dedicated and sincere. Especially since he's spent almost 6 months implementing a completely new system and algorithm.

A coin needs a dedicated dev team that will continue to support the coin to succeed.

I believe ConShield will and that's why I've dedicated so much of my time making a new GPU miner specifically for it.

I did the same, mined and bought in. Now I have plenty and most of it is on Polo. Strange thing is I managed to get 100K off polo then the network died. I wonder if it was Cloudpost removing the seed nodes or something like that. I still get connections, right now I have 6 active connections on the network. Yet no joy.  I was even planning on mining this with one of my rigs to keep the network going. Shit!

I'm going to check out coinshield now to see what thats all about.
TimBelIn

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:25:44 PM

any updates?
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:48:28 AM

any updates?

the BDC website seems to be gone

http://forum.blackdragoncoin.com/

guess we've been abandoned

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
TimBelIn

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:10:33 PM

I think that the community takeover could be the only rescue to BDC.
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:58:42 PM

i wonder what happened to the dev?  cloudpost seemed like a real guy

TimBelIn

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:06:12 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 12:03:17 AM by TimBelIn

i wonder what happened to the dev?  cloudpost seemed like a real guy

dev should say, if he has no time and needs community help...
maybe the algorithm changing will be solution (1 to 1 into more popular: x11 or x13)
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:17:50 AM

he was a scammer i was always saying that and he deleted my posts

yolo
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:47:34 AM

scammers aren't usually seen investing large amounts of their own time and money into their project, which our dev def did do. website, artwork, software dev, it was all there, then it suddenly just stopped.

dev is from russia, maybe they're having a problem with the freedom/liberty thing over there. sure have a huge one in the US nowadays. better not to speculate tho

TimBelIn

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:58:16 AM

is it possible to continue the coin's growth without dev? create new nods and seeds?
BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:34:13 PM

He wasn't a scammer. I spoke with him constantly on skype and he was paying for all of the artwork and development.

I know he hit some hard times and was making an effort to continue development of the coin. The lead developer he was paying lives in the Ukraine so I'm sure there were issues there when Russia decided to stroll on in with tanks looking for "volunteer" soldiers.

Last I spoke to him he stated he was working with the core developer on the new wallet. I haven't heard from him in a while though.

He was very dedicated to the project but I don't know what happened.

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:15:46 PM

He just needs to chime in and let us know whats going on. If a community takeover is what needs to happen then we should be able to do that. Lots of people here and this is a very cool coin with a lot done for it already.
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:21:17 PM

very good to hear some positive comments! ++  Shocked

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

He wasn't a scammer. I spoke with him constantly on skype and he was paying for all of the artwork and development.

I know he hit some hard times and was making an effort to continue development of the coin. The lead developer he was paying lives in the Ukraine so I'm sure there were issues there when Russia decided to stroll on in with tanks looking for "volunteer" soldiers.

Last I spoke to him he stated he was working with the core developer on the new wallet. I haven't heard from him in a while though.

He was very dedicated to the project but I don't know what happened.

I second this, he was also very dedicated in choosing pools / developing the mods etc..

Surely no scam

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:40:25 AM

guys.
he did premine + instamine + dropped his coins on the market. all the time there was stuff remining that posted here - he was deleting.

if dropping whole premine and instamine on the market is not a scam.. then at least not dedication!

yolo
TimBelIn

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:44:32 AM

Hope that community will resurrect the coin...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: