Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX  (Read 63919 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jjjohnson

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:05:52 PM

I think their will be only 3 batch for sell, just a feeling I'm getting... Cryptx will keep 2 batch on the side for now

aren't there 10 batches in total?
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:08:12 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 09:25:17 PM by cryptoconomist

I think their will be only 3 batch for sell, just a feeling I'm getting... Cryptx will keep 2 batch on the side for now

aren't there 10 batches in total?

for today I meant sorry

maybe 2 on Friday? then... ?

Edit: it's also where I want to buy on Friday Wink
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:11:40 PM

?
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:30:13 PM

Any ideas on when it will be open for open market trading?  it seems it opens up for a few minutes after each batch sells out, then they close it.
That was a mistake.
IPO ends on May 15th. Open market trading can start only after that.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:52:10 PM

So people are buying this stock and apparently nobody cares that the projections in the prospectus are inaccurate?

Ignoring the fact that difficulty will be probably twice the measly 8% they predict and the fact that they won't get 10gh online by the 15th.

Dividends projections in 1 year add up to less than 100% instead of 200% like advertised.

When you consider realistic difficulty increases we are looking at around 20% ROI in 1 year vs the 200% advertised.
Benny1985

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:07:20 PM

So people are buying this stock and apparently nobody cares that the projections in the prospectus are inaccurate?

Ignoring the fact that difficulty will be probably twice the measly 8% they predict and the fact that they won't get 10gh online by the 15th.

Dividends projections in 1 year add up to less than 100% instead of 200% like advertised.

When you consider realistic difficulty increases we are looking at around 20% ROI in 1 year vs the 200% advertised.

It'd be really stupid of them not to be able to get it online shortly after that if they have a data center and a partner for A2 boxes.

If I had ~1000 Bitcoins, I could probably get about 3GH up by next week without any sort of "Exclusive" contract that they speak of.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:11:12 PM

The projections as a whole are a joke. For example, they are assuming BTC and LTC will stay the same. Which is crazy. If they could predict them accurately then the ROI cold swing anywhere from 10% to 1000%. It screws up reinvestment, difficulty, everything. There's no point having them there.

Even with that though I've still invested.

They will have the machines online by the 15th, the Monday after by the latest. Ill happily escrow a bet with you for that. If you knew these people and followed the last few months of PETA you would understand.

The way I'm looking at it, it's better to buy into their company and receive dividends, than it would be for me to buy these 87 TH/s machines, have them shipped over, pay taxes, pay a monthly hosting fee, pay electricity ect ect

These are some of, if not the best price/performance/cost machines on the market. Saying your not going to get an ROI is the same as saying no miners will get an ROI. And if that was the case, all the networks and miners would cease to exist and the difficulty would shoot down towards zero
jimmothy

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:15:30 PM

It'd be really stupid of them not to be able to get it online shortly after that if they have a data center and a partner for A2 boxes.

If I had ~1000 Bitcoins, I could probably get about 3GH up by next week without any sort of "Exclusive" contract that they speak of.

Do you really think it is that easy to get 100kw worth of equipment running within a week?

If they had all the working miners in hand I would say it is possible but as far as I know they haven't even been shipped the chips let alone ready to plug in miners.

Anyways even if 10gh is online it doesn't matter because their projections are so inaccurate. They are advertising 10 times what is a realistic return.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:22:42 PM

The projections as a whole are a joke. For example, they are assuming BTC and LTC will stay the same. Which is crazy. If they could predict them accurately then the ROI cold swing anywhere from 10% to 1000%. It screws up reinvestment, difficulty, everything. There's no point having them there.

Even with that though I've still invested.

[...]

This is my feeling on the matter as well. I know full well their projections are going to be *way* off. I invested because they'll be one of the first few large scrypt ASIC miners to come online before the torrent of Alpha Tech, KnC, etc hardware comes along....that, and I also do my own due diligence when it comes to this stuff, pretty much ignoring most of the presented prospectus, and developing my own projections on earnings.

On top of that, my plan is to convert any dividends back into Litecoin. If I'm investing in scrypt gear, I want to hold at least some of my earnings in coins based on the algorithm.  Wink

jimmothy

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:25:33 PM

They will have the machines online by the 15th, the Monday after by the latest. Ill happily escrow a bet with you for that. If you knew these people and followed the last few months of PETA you would understand.

I'd take that bet.

0.05 btc to seans outpost (loser pays)

For you to win peta must have all machines online by 15th of may. All being equal to 100kh/share.

Deal?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:28:19 PM

... Saying your not going to get an ROI is the same as saying no miners will get an ROI. And if that was the case, all the networks and miners would cease to exist and the difficulty would shoot down towards zero

No.  The only thing that needs to happen for mining to continue is miners *believing* they would ROI.  Most miners lose money, yet the hashrate is climbing just fine.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:42:13 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:57:49 PM by mikemikemike

I'd take that bet.

For you to win peta must have all machines online by 15th of may. All being equal to 100kh/share.

Deal?

The Monday after by the latest. That's my bet.

... Saying your not going to get an ROI is the same as saying no miners will get an ROI. And if that was the case, all the networks and miners would cease to exist and the difficulty would shoot down towards zero

No.  The only thing that needs to happen for mining to continue is miners *believing* they would ROI.  Most miners lose money, yet the hashrate is climbing just fine.

The miners who lose money are the ones with poor price/performance/cost. They are the ones that preorder machines that turn up three months late.

This isn't the case here. These are some of, if not the best price/performance/cost and they are ready for delivery.

Anyways, I'm not here to defend this project. Ive spent far too much of my time on this forum defending the peta project from accusations like this since the price was at 0.05, and now its at 0.075. im not doing it again. If you don't want to invest don't. Some people here are, some people here arn't. Only time will tell who was correct.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:56:36 PM

I'd take that bet.

Deal?

Deal.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:01:41 PM

I'd take that bet.

Deal?

Deal.

Done.

On a side note, fair play for making this to SO. If I win and you make the payment ill match it aswell as a goodwill gesture
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:08:06 PM

@mikemikemike:  I pointed out your "miners must make money to keep mining" argument is junk.  It fails conceptually and empirically.
I have said nothing about investing -- do whatever's fun for you.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:23:57 PM

@mikemikemike:  I pointed out your "miners must make money to keep mining" argument is junk.  It fails conceptually and empirically.
I have said nothing about investing -- do whatever's fun for you.

Where? You've never made a post in this thread.

You might want to check which one of your troll accounts your logged into before you post.
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:45:27 PM

^
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids Angry

@mikemikemike:  And as for you, my fine lady, it's true I can't attend to you here and now as I'd like; but just try to stay out of my way – just try! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
pleiotropik

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:06:51 AM

Trollnado.  Grin
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:07:55 AM

Let me lay some science on you, kspencer93 and mikemikemike:

1. Lambchop is a sock, because fact.
2. NotLambchop is the opposite of Lambchop, so not a sock.  Because logic.
2. I'm NotLambchop.
∴  I'm not a sock.

stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:14:25 AM

^
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids Angry

@mikemikemike:  And as for you, my fine lady, it's true I can't attend to you here and now as I'd like; but just try to stay out of my way – just try! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
Lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: