Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:06:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX  (Read 63933 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Elvis Trout

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:33:30 PM

If the payment will be in LTC How many people sell right away, and how many people will be holds.
the success of the currency in the price. More people selling then the price falls to the bottom. less people selling price goes up.
cryptx sell very large amounts. Normally people do not sell after mining out.

This way we reduce the price, fill the buyer wytch altcoins

Actually most mining operations sell rather than hold, 1 to pay costs and 2 because most miners are in it for profit so they want to cash out asap.

As I have already mentioned Cryptx responded to questions about the price being affected by selling ltc when this project started, their response was that they were using an exchange that had sufficient volume that our coins could be sold without affecting the price, if you want your payout to be in ltc buy ltc with the bitcoin dividend you receive.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:23:00 AM

Yikes the LTC/BTC exchange rate is not looking good, and LTC difficulty also shot up 25% this week. I'm anticipating low dividends and a drop in share price.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:35:59 AM

Why is the price of each share below IPO when it's earning 80% APY right now? That is one of the best investments there are, and if the project will swap over to a new coin should LTC no longer be as profitable, it could sustain that. Am I missing something here?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
kenmomotaro

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:01:18 AM

Why is the price of each share below IPO when it's earning 80% APY right now? That is one of the best investments there are, and if the project will swap over to a new coin should LTC no longer be as profitable, it could sustain that. Am I missing something here?

I just want to know when and how Cryptx spends our reinvestment fund.
@Cryptx, are you waiting July/August new efficiency machines?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

Yikes the LTC/BTC exchange rate is not looking good, and LTC difficulty also shot up 25% this week. I'm anticipating low dividends and a drop in share price.

25% ?

Difficulty History
Date   Difficulty   Change   Hash Rate
May 27 2014   8,550   14.67%   244,803 MH/s
May 24 2014   7,456   -5.36%   213,478 MH/s
May 20 2014   7,878   1.78%   225,561 MH/s
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:20:23 AM

Diminishing returns.
Elvis Trout

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:23:32 AM

Diminishing returns.

Well we have yet to see what the reinvestment will be like, but as for the current returns they are actually increasing. Sure the amount in btc is decreasing but the actual value of the dividend is increasing.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:31:30 AM

Diminishing returns.

Well we have yet to see what the reinvestment will be like, but as for the current returns they are actually increasing. Sure the amount in btc is decreasing but the actual value of the dividend is increasing.

This. Plus there are more scrypt coins being released all the time, so even if LTC isn't as profitable anymore, a new coin can be mined.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:52:02 AM

Diminishing returns.

This. Plus there are more scrypt coins being released all the time, so even if LTC isn't as profitable anymore, a new coin can be mined.

Do you guys even know the specifics of what you have invested in?

The only reasons dividends increased last week was because the remaining units where delivered, and they barely increased at that. There are no more units to be delivered until reinvestment. And if you think reinvestments going to keep up with difficulty then just give up now. Expect a massive slowing down in dividends from this week onwards if reinvestment isn't adjusted.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:12:50 AM

Why is the price of each share below IPO ... Am I missing something here?

Well, CRYPTX BTC price is dropping, but its dollar price is doing OK.
As long as BTC/$ exchange rate keeps growing, you'll be able to break even in $$$.
In BTC?  Not so much.
Anyhow, investing is not all about profit.  Small scrypt miners would like to thank all of you for keeping the Litecoin network secure Smiley
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

The only reasons dividends increased last week was because the remaining units where delivered, and they barely increased at that. There are no more units to be delivered until reinvestment. And if you think reinvestments going to keep up with difficulty then just give up now. Expect a massive slowing down in dividends from this week onwards if reinvestment isn't adjusted.

This is false.

Truth is :

Last weeks div was not from a fully deployed farm since the deployment was finished tuesday.

Litecoin difficulty sometimes increases, sometimes decreases. Over the long term, sure, it increases, but it's nothing compared to BTC

Bad return from the BTC/LTC conversion rate is a risk, and at the moment this risk is hurting the dividend. But this can go other way around.

Reinvestment fund is ~5% of market cap. If reinvested wisely, the farm can cope enough with diff increase to break even and profit.

As long as BTC/$ exchange rate keeps growing, you'll be able to break even in $$$.
In BTC?  Not so much.
Anyhow, investing is not all about profit.  Small scrypt miners would like to thank all of you for keeping the Litecoin network secure Smiley

Braking even in $ is a delusion. Brake even in BTC should be the goal.

But the BTC/$ rise will help with electricity cost & hosting cost (or whatever they call it)

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:57:21 AM

This is false.

Truth is :

Last weeks div was not from a fully deployed farm since the deployment was finished tuesday.

Litecoin difficulty sometimes increases, sometimes decreases. Over the long term, sure, it increases, but it's nothing compared to BTC

Bad return from the BTC/LTC conversion rate is a risk, and at the moment this risk is hurting the dividend. But this can go other way around.

Reinvestment fund is ~5% of market cap. If reinvested wisely, the farm can cope enough with diff increase to break even and profit.

In BTC?  Not so much.
Anyhow, investing is not all about profit.  Small scrypt miners would like to thank all of you for keeping the Litecoin network secure Smiley

But the BTC/$ rise will help with electricity cost & hosting cost (or whatever they call it)

I'm sorry, all you did was elaborate on my point. How is it wrong?

And you honestly think LTC difficulty is going to rise less than five percent a week? Good luck with that.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

This is false.

Truth is :

In BTC?  Not so much.

I'm sorry, all you did was elaborate on my point. How is it wrong?

And you honestly think LTC difficulty is going to rise less than five percent a week? Good luck with that.

With the growth of the multipools, its highly likely that we will see a 15% increase one week, and then a 5% drop the next. Because of the amount of hashing power being pointed at the multipools you can't make any easy predictions as to the growth of ltc's difficulty.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty is now calling for a .05% drop in difficulty.

Whats going to hurt our dividends here is the BTC/LTC ratio more than the difficulty.
Elvis Trout

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:03:18 PM

Well seeing as the price is plummeting doesn't seem like I'll be able to get rid of my shares any time soon, so I'm in for the long haul Tongue

Hopefully LTC is just lagging behind bitcoin a bit but will pick up once people stop selling LTC to get on the BTC bubble train.
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:09:27 PM

it would help if SCRYPTX used something like pool.trademybit.com
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:32:12 PM

Well seeing as the price is plummeting doesn't seem like I'll be able to get rid of my shares any time soon, so I'm in for the long haul Tongue

Hopefully LTC is just lagging behind bitcoin a bit but will pick up once people stop selling LTC to get on the BTC bubble train.

Looking at the LTC/BTC chart on bitcoinwisdom, I am not sure if/when the ratio will rebound. It looks like it might have some more to fall before it rises again.
Usman056

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:50:46 AM

Can we please get a cool stats page already?? I mean you should already have the code set up from the peta mine.  Huh
sooraw

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:47:51 PM

0.00053955 in dividend.

Down quite a bit
chkgk

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

Update about this weeks dividend payout:

Calculation:
2,271 LTC or 42.18611839 BTC in total from mining
- 15.88324736 BTC as dividend (0.00053955 BTC/share)
- 23.82487103 BTC reinvestment
- 2.47800000 BTC as hosting fee

Reinvestment funds now top 74BTC, we plan to further grow the reinvestment funds before making any new purchases. The market has to mature further with more Scrypt ASIC manufacturers before the price of hardware will go down.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:18:15 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 03:55:05 PM by rdyoung

0.00053955 in dividend.

Down quite a bit

Considering the BTC/LTC ratio dropping significantly, this is not that bad for a dividend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: