Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX  (Read 63916 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheSmackDown

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

""So...you're opting to empty your savings account for that fleeting moment where you think you've done well...and then start up your savings again? Why not just maintain the savings in the first place?

Besides, that's unfortunately not one of Cryptx's options. Once the savings account is emptied, it's not being opened again.""

If the machines and everything needs longer time and thought, then what would help the share price, which the savings being sat in a pot is not doing right now,

is full payouts, and crazy high dividend would help the share price massively.

Crypt x needs to listen and do this. Empty the savings fund for 4 weeks max until they can work out the machines strategy and possible even sell any inefficient equipment before it loses all value. I am on my common sense here and logic. There is no other way if the project is to be any kind of success for people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EdoBcn

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

Reinvestment is a lost cause.

I see you've never run your own mining farm before...

No but I've seen CryptX running one. And I don't want them to run it anymore.
+1
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:57:59 PM

If the machines and everything needs longer time and thought, then what would help the share price, which the savings being sat in a pot is not doing right now, is full payouts, and crazy high dividend would help the share price massively.

Right, but that's exactly what I'm getting at; there's zero information to support the claim that a temporary high dividend would sudden cause the share price to spike. And why would it? That's what I'm trying to draw out of you, the why in all of this. When you take away the reinvestment, you're literally taking away the support for the fund. It is impossible (rationally speaking) for the share price to do anything but drop as dividends dwindle to BTC0.0.

The baffling notion behind all of this is that we actually have a working example of what happens when you dump the reinvestment for 100% dividends. As many have noticed, PETA's share price has not gone 'to the moon'.

I do, however, agree with the latter statement...they (or apparently 'we' given how this has been going so far) need to work out a new strategy, which includes replacing inefficient equipment before it's completely worthless. The only way we can do that is if we have something to replace it with. And the only way we can purchase new, faster, more efficient equipment before selling the old, semi-worthless stuff is with...you guessed it...a reinvestment fund.  Wink

I suppose that's the one point I'm trying to drive home in all this, and something I'm not sure many people are grasping -- Funding from revenue set aside for future purchases is what governs the direction of the mining farm (or in PETA's case, loans from investors too). It determines how quickly you can grow. It determines what hardware you can purchase. It determines the quantities and bulk discounts on hardware. If you don't have enough of it, taking advantage of new hardware purchases becomes difficult. If you don't have any of it, it becomes impossible.

webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:30:47 AM

The way I see it, you need to figure out the best use for that reinvestment fund while ignoring the fact that you currently have miners running. It is illogical to think that you should expand operations just because you have "reinvestment" funds at hand.

Can new miners reach ROI with low risk while paying $0.25/Kwh? The best use for the reinvestment funds will not change regardless of whether the existing miners swim or sink. 

Baffling as it may seem to you, PETA shareholders were better off with higher dividends than by reinvesting. Because the PETA reinvestment would have never paid back the initial investment amount.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:42:22 AM

Can new miners reach ROI with low risk while paying $0.25/Kwh?

You can't make any predictions about ROI unless you know what the difficulty is going to be in the future.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:51:45 AM

im assuming everyone is voting #2?
webbrowser

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:26:57 AM

Can new miners reach ROI with low risk while paying $0.25/Kwh?

You can't make any predictions about ROI unless you know what the difficulty is going to be in the future.

Yes, there are many variables affecting ROI predictions for this project, so let me bold a key part.

The other way to look at this is: if ROI predictions are so difficult, why are investors considering to throw good money (the bulk of the value of SCRYPT at this point) into more mining?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:50:37 AM

More like option 3
EdoBcn

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:35:49 PM

More like option 3
+1

We already have seen how Cryptx managed Peta and Scrypt. I'm not going to wait and see if a new investment will be that beneficial to a stock value of almost 0 with dividends close to 0.
If anyone wants to invest more... plenty of sell numbers available on havelock.
IamNotSure

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:41:25 PM

More like option 3
+1

We already have seen how Cryptx managed Peta and Scrypt. I'm not going to wait and see if a new investment will be that beneficial to a stock value of almost 0 with dividends close to 0.

That's honestly the best solution. Everyone decides what to do with his money... no forced reinvestment anymore.
stompysteve

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:42:45 AM

More like option 3
+1

i dont think i meant to write #2

im not sure what i was trying to write now that i look at it though

edit: i meant #2 of the new voting round

so really #4
TheSmackDown

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:53:09 AM

If the machines and everything needs longer time and thought, then what would help the share price, which the savings being sat in a pot is not doing right now, is full payouts, and crazy high dividend would help the share price massively.

Right, but that's exactly what I'm getting at; there's zero information to support the claim that a temporary high dividend would sudden cause the share price to spike. And why would it? That's what I'm trying to draw out of you, the why in all of this. When you take away the reinvestment, you're literally taking away the support for the fund. It is impossible (rationally speaking) for the share price to do anything but drop as dividends dwindle to BTC0.0.

The baffling notion behind all of this is that we actually have a working example of what happens when you dump the reinvestment for 100% dividends. As many have noticed, PETA's share price has not gone 'to the moon'.

I do, however, agree with the latter statement...they (or apparently 'we' given how this has been going so far) need to work out a new strategy, which includes replacing inefficient equipment before it's completely worthless. The only way we can do that is if we have something to replace it with. And the only way we can purchase new, faster, more efficient equipment before selling the old, semi-worthless stuff is with...you guessed it...a reinvestment fund.  Wink

I suppose that's the one point I'm trying to drive home in all this, and something I'm not sure many people are grasping -- Funding from revenue set aside for future purchases is what governs the direction of the mining farm (or in PETA's case, loans from investors too). It determines how quickly you can grow. It determines what hardware you can purchase. It determines the quantities and bulk discounts on hardware. If you don't have enough of it, taking advantage of new hardware purchases becomes difficult. If you don't have any of it, it becomes impossible.

I Am saying a 2 week 100% dividend payout only, to get more poeple interested in the returns by which time they need sell inefficient machines and get only the best. I thought they were just buying chips and building their own machines, but this is not the case i dont think...?? Any takers?
IamNotSure

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:14:33 AM

More like option 3
+1

so really #4

#4 is leaving you money in cryptx hands... and they've not invested our money wisely so far

#3 is getting back your money in your hands and do whatever you want to with it (might be another cryptX project if you trust them that much...)

I don't get point of voting #4...
webbrowser

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:27:31 PM

#3 is getting the reinvestment funds back into your hands - about 0.003 btc / share, if I did my arithmetic correctly.

After this, the share price will probably drop by approximately 0.003 btc or perhaps even more.  If you really want to reinvest in SCRYPT, that might be a good time to do so Huh
stompysteve

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:13:40 PM

More like option 3
+1

so really #4

#4 is leaving you money in cryptx hands... and they've not invested our money wisely so far

#3 is getting back your money in your hands and do whatever you want to with it (might be another cryptX project if you trust them that much...)

I don't get point of voting #4...
If we can get some better hardware at a good price
Plus more purchase power if wait till after this btc price slump
EdoBcn

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

Guys please let's stay in topic.
There are only two options left:
3. One time dividend of the reinvestment fund. - 34%
4. Keep the reinvestment funds for future opportunities. - 48%

"Having 2 weeks dividends at 100% and then change" is not an option that is in discussion.
You either vote to keep having Cryptx manage the reinvestment fund or to pay full dividends to shareholders from now on (plus the fund distribution).

Now, I don't want to convince anyone on any of the two options. We are all free to decide what is the best interest for each one. Just, let's keep it in topic Smiley
TheSmackDown

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:53:20 PM

Then the options need changing. If our opinions or votes count as to how the project is run. Then people need lobby crypt x for the best solution.

Which is full dividend payouts for 2 weeks, then build up re-investment ready for better BTC price and better machines over haul period. Thats what needs doing.

The black and white options we have been given are quite fr4ankly = shite.
EdoBcn

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:49:16 PM

Then the options need changing. If our opinions or votes count as to how the project is run. Then people need lobby crypt x for the best solution.

Which is full dividend payouts for 2 weeks, then build up re-investment ready for better BTC price and better machines over haul period. Thats what needs doing.

The black and white options we have been given are quite fr4ankly = shite.
+1
like the rest of how the whole project has been managed until now. Or how the communication has been handled.
In fairness, I tried coming out with my % of shares.
If we want to lobby, it is important that 51% of shareholders power come with the right plan. 2 votes ago we didn't reach the quorum. I may recall incorrectly but it was something around 38% or so.
While my ears are wide open to whoever has the best idea, regardless of how many shares he has, it must be a 51% of shares who should talk to Cryptx.
Or they will not listen.
I made my proposal few weeks ago. I also wrote Cryptx directly and got a "we will consider it" response. And now we are voting on something different. Fine.
Is there anyone in the public here who owns more than 15%? 10%? 5%? can we confirm we have a unique line with 51% of shares?

TheSmackDown

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:18:35 PM

I been reading the prospectus again. And the reason I invested is because they said they would mine the most profitable coin and they were building their own machines having a relationship with bitfury or chip manufacturers. It all sounded very good, so CRYPT X should know what their doing. Huh Thats what I cant add up.
EdoBcn

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

I been reading the prospectus again. And the reason I invested is because they said they would mine the most profitable coin and they were building their own machines having a relationship with bitfury or chip manufacturers. It all sounded very good, so CRYPT X should know what their doing. Huh Thats what I cant add up.

do we have any proof that they are mining?
where are their own builded machines?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: