Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MAKE 1.25BTC FOR FINDING A SCAMMER  (Read 3985 times)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

So let me get this straight, the reward you paid for recovering the scammed coins got scammed.

Are you now going to pay reward to recover the reward from the original scammed coins

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:21:28 PM

Sorry I couldn't resist, I am so sorry

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:23:38 PM

You do realize that you can't just send coins to 2 random addresses (which you could have easily created yourself) and act like you should get credit for sending the coins to the correct addresses?  Your bad for getting scammed the first time... and the second time... make good on your word!

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:25:45 PM

bitcoinwonders010 (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:12:23 PM

yes as funny as that sounds that is what has happened. i'm aware of the theories people will come up with and aware of the consequences too. it won't take much to make my trust negative if i dont pay. i have spoken to vod and he is ok with it.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:56:39 PM

yes as funny as that sounds that is what has happened. i'm aware of the theories people will come up with and aware of the consequences too. it won't take much to make my trust negative if i dont pay. i have spoken to vod and he is ok with it.

He is OK with what ? Non-payment, becoz u paid to some other address due to some secret PM ?

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:11:33 PM

The more you read this topic the weirder it gets.
Lets sum up:
An alleged scammer gets succesfuly doxed, magically appears right after and gives back the money  Shocked
Strangely another account uses his BTC address, but he claims it's not his alt  Huh
Then some other guy wants to sell scammer's photo, despite the money being sent back the previous day, he demands to be paid and starts every reply with "i'm sorry".
Finally OP gets scammed and sends the prize to a wrong address  Lips sealed

Story of the week at least...

notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:44:26 PM

Hmmm appears bitcoinwonders fell for a scam.   Undecided

He says he will send the coins to the correct address.

lol thats fucked how can u not notice the activity and the brandnew right by the name
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3082

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

bitcoinwonders010 has told me he will pay out the bounties either tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.  I'm fine with that.

I have no idea why he continues to use PM instead of posting things for public knowledge.  Didn't work out so well for him in the past.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:37:51 PM

bitcoinwonders010 has told me he will pay out the bounties either tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.  I'm fine with that.

I have no idea why he continues to use PM instead of posting things for public knowledge.  Didn't work out so well for him in the past.   Undecided

Wah... in the other thread he has claimed that he is paying out on May 6, 2014

guys bounty is over, i am paying out to vod and austin who were first.

I guess he is re-investing his recovered coins to make up for the bounty and hence he is buying time.

shadowhax

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:43:34 AM

Guys you got to pay attention to usernames and account in this situations!

Favorite trick of scammers is use the name of trusted and reputable person but add the ` charactre to username! On some web browser and other application the character very small and hard to see!

You think maybe you talking to shadowhax but actual you talking to scammer using name shadowhax` with added ` symbol!!!

When I newbie to IRC years ago I once get scammed for 40,00 BTC because of this silly little trick. At time the bitcoins worth about $200,00 but today that be worth nearly $18.000,00!  Undecided

The little ` symbol so small it easy to mistakes for speck of dust on monitor screen...

When you make deal with peoples always check it same account. If having doubts go to original thread, click on username of person and click on same one who sent you pm. See if all things match. Check URL of profile, number of post, signature, avatar and everything to be sure it same person before send large amount of money to scammer address!!!

Don't falls for ` symbol!!!  Tongue

I may suggest moderators of forums makes the ` character invalid character for forum account username!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:55:42 AM

I may suggest moderators of forums makes the ` character invalid character for forum account username!

There really is no need for that, when in the image you can clearly see "Activity: 0" and "Brand new"...   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
shadowhax

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:08:35 AM

There really is no need for that, when in the image you can clearly see "Activity: 0" and "Brand new"...   Undecided

This true, sir...  Tongue

But I says why not give scammer less way to trick people and harm community. We don't need really the little ` character for our username. I think not that it restrict creativity of users or hurt anyone to eliminate. It invalid character most other places. I think not you can sign up for Yahoo email with ` character in you name. So I think it best just eliminate and make it harder for scammer to spoof name of good people, no? Say you might it is overkill, but I see no reason to allow little ` character few legitimate user ever use...  Tongue
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:05:39 AM

WTF is this topic Cheesy?
cointra

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:21:47 PM

This thread provides so much entertainment that everyone reading should pay 0.001 to OP, who can then pay it to vod and austin. After he invests it for a few days to quadruple it first though.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:50:24 PM

We must start a new thread to find the new scammer that stole the rewards

akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:39:14 PM

double kill  Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

We could only do that with the forum's help (IP address, etc).  Not gonna happen.   Undecided

bitcoinwonders010 (OP)

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

We could only do that with the forum's help (IP address, etc).  Not gonna happen.   Undecided

ive been using bitcointalk for a while now, and i only see mods, who actually owns the forum
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:18:15 PM

This thread is better than The Bold and The Beautiful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: