Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:07:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS  (Read 39197 times)
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 11:30:15 AM

So, we need to wait for next move.

Why? You can add Memorycoin to your coins.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:22:26 AM

2 little questions to devs,

certainly not urgent but when you have time if you don't mind,

1) To compile are you using cmake or qt or what exactly to make the windows binary wallets you are distributing ?

I only tried to compile it 2x quickly the other day and got some weird errors , was using qt 4.8.6 i believe , with boost 1_55_0 , open ssl1.0.1j and the most recent qr code libraries and miniiupnpc. I was tied up at the time and figured I would have another go at it again this week.

2) Has there been any additional releases of open sourced miners with more optimizations /open  cl support ect..  in the past few months.  While I did not see any on the thread I still felt it worth asking. Thanks guys.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Delinquency (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:09:47 PM

1) To compile are you using cmake or qt or what exactly to make the windows binary wallets you are distributing ?

I only tried to compile it 2x quickly the other day and got some weird errors , was using qt 4.8.6 i believe , with boost 1_55_0 , open ssl1.0.1j and the most recent qr code libraries and miniiupnpc. I was tied up at the time and figured I would have another go at it again this week.

2) Has there been any additional releases of open sourced miners with more optimizations /open  cl support ect..  in the past few months.  While I did not see any on the thread I still felt it worth asking. Thanks guys.

Windows Binary Libraries are compiled under nitrogenetic's tutorial. If you need help with the compile, you can post here.

The most optimized miner is closed source, by yvg1900. (YAM)

The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 05:34:32 AM

Thank you very much for the answers.  I am familiar with nitrogenetics famous posts.

I will retry again when I have time.  No real urgency there since I can use the wallet you built/distributed or since memory coin is something based on your second part answer is still a cpu reliant coin which right now with what I have to use would probably run in linux on cloud 'droplets' for max effect.   I can understand that any gpu to mine this would need a lot of ram. As time goes on and ram is 'cheaper' to produce I think cards will come out that may have the ability to mine things that previously were only mined with a cpu like primecoin, riecoin and also memory coin and the others it is based on.

One advantage of an algorithm like this is that at least 'in theory' it can remain de centralized much longer as you look years into the future vs. something like sha 256 and now even scrypt 1024 or even the sha 3 candidate algorithms. (Of course I do admire the speed and lightweight nature of the blake 256 algorithm obviously from my signature)  Still..... I think it unwise for anyone to be 'closed minded' regarding different algorithms and coin systems. 

One thing I like about Memory Coin 2 that you can say about few networks.  It is a 'real' coin with 'real' developers that regularly update the code on github and are obviously not just copying something else or pulling a short term run and gun.

There are probably over 1000 alt coins now, amazing to see how fast they all popped up.

More amazing still is many that get a lot of 'talk' and 'chatter' here in the forums and the press ect.... are really obvious ponzi schemes and (pardon my language) 'shit' coins.

I believe most of this 'hype' is created to an extent by 'marketing' and posting and bumping pages here in the forum and elsewhere to create a 'false' perception that many many people are on board with a coin.  Then when a coin hits an exchange these 'developers' (most of who cannot write a line of code instead pay others to do it for them) open a few accounts on the exchange and buy their own coins back and forth to again..... create a 'fake' sense of 'value'  ......

One thing I have realized after time is if you want to find a coin that is run 'honest' look for coins with 'real' developers that are not 'obviously' buying their own coins back from the market to pump and dump it off and walk away with a profit.

I think 98% of alt coins are created with the intention of the developers 'exchanging' the coin for btc.

This is one of the few that I personally feel stands away from that category. It may take some time but eventually all the bs is going to work itself out and the only things left standing will be true /real alt coins with developers actually interested in developing a coin (vs. exchanging for btc).....

Keep up the good work.....

Windows Binary Libraries are compiled under nitrogenetic's tutorial. If you need help with the compile, you can post here.

The most optimized miner is closed source, by yvg1900. (YAM)

The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:48:44 PM

Insightful comments, cinnamon_carter. With this developer-paid system, putting hard work into Memorycoin will pay off in the coming future, if and when Memorycoin's value increases.

You may want to uncomment out the directorys for the libraries and dependencies required to compile Memorycoin on Windows. Maybe that will work.
emrebey

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:20:03 AM

how are things going on? is mmc still alive?
coaex

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:43:03 PM

it's going pretty good, emre. the next issue to be solved is difficulty retargeting and coin send bug.
once these are fixed, we are going to add memorycoin to more exchanges.

Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

Development in the coin is doing fine.

Dev chat is ongoing, frequent, and contact occurring on a bi-daily basis despite timezone differences.

I'm assuming the CTO, CNO, and CHA positions until more candidates come up.
kanes

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

Like have been told before, hope you guys enjoy our new block explorer:

http://www.blockexperts.com/mmc

Thanks for posting it Coaex. Smiley
kanes

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

New promotion from Coaex Gold & Silver

"Generous Memorycoin promotion at Coaex Precious Metals for miners, exclusively. For those who mine Memorycoin will get upto 20% discounts!"

https://twitter.com/coaex/status/546763825161469952
coaex

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:35:16 PM

New promotion from Coaex Gold & Silver

"Generous Memorycoin promotion at Coaex Precious Metals for miners, exclusively. For those who mine Memorycoin will get upto 20% discounts!"

https://twitter.com/coaex/status/546763825161469952

Thanks, kanes. We will announce the details in early 2015, after the holiday season.

mycoinsstore

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:04:49 AM

Your new block explorer not working more.
kanes

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

Your new block explorer not working more.

Cheesy

Already working. Please update your wallet. Cheesy
coaex

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

added some liquidity to the markets - bter and poloniex. the spread is low, which is great, imho.

coaex

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:13:41 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 12:44:30 PM by coaex

Latest updates:
Coinmarketcap's coin supply is now in sync with the wallet and blockchain explorers: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/memorycoin/#charts
Coin sending false error message is fixed. You need to update to the latest version v3.010.101 while creating a new wallet.dat and since it's a hard-fork, you will need to re-sync from the start. You can download it from http://www.memorycoin.org
Difficulty re-targeting is corrected. You can check it from: https://www.blockexperts.com/mmc

Next:
Increase the volume in current exchanges, pushing price to CPU profitable levels and applying for new exchanges, once more. I'm considering applying for C-Cex, Bleutrade and Bittrex, at first.
There may be some changes in the development team, new additions and change of positions.
Miner promotions at Coaex.com after the holiday season to increase hashrate.

kanes

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:41:56 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 01:48:21 PM by kanes

New update in our code, with a hardfork in a few hours. Please update your wallet to the last version. www.memorycoin.org

Who owns nodes or p2pool please update the code from Github. Thanks

alinda

Activity: 887
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:50:33 AM

19 hours no block found ?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
coaex

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 04:18:37 PM

19 hours no block found ?

sorry, our lead developer couldn't release a proper working wallet. he's working on it now.
if he wouldn't succeed, he'll be replaced, surely. i'm very disappointed by that, too.

kanes

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:07:29 PM

Im official resigning of the position of Chief Supporting Officer.

I wish good luck to the rest of the team and good life to Memorycoin.

Best regards,
kanes
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:28:14 PM

Cannot sync the wallet ? Stuck on block 86604  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print