Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:56:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]***Spondoolies Tech SP10 - 1.4-1.45Th/s - $2,795 + shipping***  (Read 32209 times)
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:38:42 PM

BAM!! x2!! that did the trick Smiley

I also suggest another 10% goes to cgminer dev for the free use of mining s/w.

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
murdof

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

Ordered 2 as well.

Quote from: cr4sh0verride
If you get the hosting option will it be online on the 16th May?

Interested in that as well. Can you please let us know?

Also can we get a special price for 12 months hosting as you offer maximum only 3 months.

Buy me a beer: 1mrdfyA1GhKmTPhaSkvyq5DBterQ5m7ZK

Run your own P2Pool with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and merge mining
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:46:05 PM

Ordered 2 as well.

Also can we get a special price for 12 months hosting as you offer maximum only 3 months.

12 months the electricity cost will be more than the profits so there is no need for 12 months, hence 3 months.  These people know what they are doing, so if you think you can make a profit with this miner for 12 months then please calculate your math again.

murdof

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:54:41 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 02:09:18 PM by murdof

Ordered 2 as well.

12 months the electricity cost will be more than the profits so there is no need for 12 months, hence 3 months.  These people know what they are doing, so if you think you can make a profit with this miner for 12 months then please calculate your math again.

Is $0.15/KWh a realistic number?
If yes you need a difficulty of 45m in order to just break even with cost of electricity vs profit of miner. Will difficulty be at 45bn in 1 year?
On the other hand maybe they are thinking to have lower prices in 3 months due to the fact that you will make less money.

9feet

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

Buying miner these days are like a hedged bet buying btc really...
I.e by spending 8 btc for this miner you'll earn 5 btc plus a pretty gear as a bonus.
Profetu

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:23:46 PM

If BTC goes to $650 by 19 May I will get one for sure !
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:22:48 PM

I.e by spending 8 btc for this miner you'll earn 5 btc plus a pretty gear as a bonus.

Assuming that difficulty goes up exponentially, but we are at the lowest growth for the last 10 months judging by this graph http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

murdof

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:34:50 PM

Assuming that difficulty goes up exponentially, but we are at the lowest growth for the last 10 months judging by this graph http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

Like I said we are currently at 8 Bn - next week 9 Bn - you will break even at 40 Bn... That's a long way to go....

I doubt anyone believes that this will happen in 3-4 months - that you will break even for your investment with the current rates.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:45:20 PM

Like I said we are currently at 8 Bn - next week 9 Bn - you will break even at 40 Bn... That's a long way to go....

I doubt anyone believes that this will happen in 3-4 months - that you will break even for your investment with the current rates.

And before 40BN everyone with higher than 0.7W/GH power consumption is already in the red and needs to turn their miners off.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:26:06 PM

You mightl break even physically, but not spiritually and emotionally.

Your wife and family will yell at you because you are making the place hotter and louder.  Your coworkers will find out and talk behind your back how you are such a gambler.

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:40:47 PM

I could not resist.

I ordered 5 pieces.

Thank you all.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:41:24 PM

I could not resist.

I ordered 5 pieces.

Thank you all.
Same for me - couldn't resist.  lol
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

Your wife and family will yell at you because you are making the place hotter and louder.  Your coworkers will find out and talk behind your back how you are such a gambler.
OK then, I guess you better just go back to your miserable job and leave the mining to us.  See ya!

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:44:16 PM

I could not resist.

I ordered 5 pieces.

Thank you all.
Same for me - couldn't resist.  lol

Best choice!    Wink

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
dziny

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:35:55 PM

I really wish the price would be just a little bit more aggressive. Around $2/GH. Make you think about it....Smiley
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

I really wish the price would be just a little bit more aggressive. Around $2/GH. Make you think about it....Smiley

It's the lowest $/GH right now if we exclude the scammers from VMC and when comparing to the S2 please take into consideration the following:

As an EE and embedded software engineer I see these problems:

1. Bus based systems using card edge connectors - unreliable (see original IBM PC)
2. Beagle board is hobbyist grade - unreliable, known for SD card problems
3. Too many ASICS - unreliable
4. Shipping problems because of #1 above.

Antminer S2 turned up today, it was in horrible condition, cards loose everywhere, thermal paste everywhere, pci slots all bent to shit, after an hour and a half or so of fiddling (2 screws were stripped and needed to be drilled out) i managed to get it back together, then i had a problem with the screen, played around some more and got that working.

PROBLEM!

Its turning on and mining (all cards are flashing, hash rate on screen etc) but it will not allow me to access the settings and displays a "404 not found" error and on top of that it will not login via ssh with putty and tells me that the password i am using username: root password: root is not working, so i cannot even change pools.

Bitmain shipped me a unit that is basically mining for them! Sad

Can someone please help?

i emailed bitmain but his advice was to reseat everything and try again...

i have done this a dozen times.

is the BBB supposed to have a solid red led lit on it?

404 not found even after hard reset means something is wrong for sure

startin the rig without the sd card makes it spin loud continuously and the lcd screen never 'arrives' despite being lit.

There are TONS of posts like this and also pictures of trashed S2 units.

topminingcontracts

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:08:04 PM

It's the lowest $/GH right now if we exclude the scammers from VMC and when comparing to the S2 please take into consideration the following:

As an EE and embedded software engineer I see these problems:

1. Bus based systems using card edge connectors - unreliable (see original IBM PC)
2. Beagle board is hobbyist grade - unreliable, known for SD card problems
3. Too many ASICS - unreliable
4. Shipping problems because of #1 above.

Antminer S2 turned up today, it was in horrible condition, cards loose everywhere, thermal paste everywhere, pci slots all bent to shit, after an hour and a half or so of fiddling (2 screws were stripped and needed to be drilled out) i managed to get it back together, then i had a problem with the screen, played around some more and got that working.

PROBLEM!

Its turning on and mining (all cards are flashing, hash rate on screen etc) but it will not allow me to access the settings and displays a "404 not found" error and on top of that it will not login via ssh with putty and tells me that the password i am using username: root password: root is not working, so i cannot even change pools.

Bitmain shipped me a unit that is basically mining for them! Sad

Can someone please help?

i emailed bitmain but his advice was to reseat everything and try again...

i have done this a dozen times.

is the BBB supposed to have a solid red led lit on it?

404 not found even after hard reset means something is wrong for sure

startin the rig without the sd card makes it spin loud continuously and the lcd screen never 'arrives' despite being lit.

There are TONS of posts like this and also pictures of trashed S2 units.

How many miners Spondoolies delivered?

C'mon some S2 had problems less than 1% most of them on Batch one, I had several customers in the 100TH-300TH range and 101% of them are very happy and ordering more units most of them.

SP-10 is a very good piece of hardware, Gadi and the rest are very nice looks for me like good people.

But considering that I think is not required to day bad things about Bitmain to sell SP-10.

All the best!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
nikolaz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:18:36 PM

I will bite  Grin

Ordered 4 Antminer S2 today, so why not spend more and share the love.

Will purchase 1 and go for the hosted option.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

If anyone would like hosting for these in the US, I will match anyone's pricing Smiley
They will look real nice next to the nice set I already have.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:45:44 PM

How many miners Spondoolies delivered?

C'mon some S2 had problems less than 1% most of them on Batch one, I had several customers in the 100TH-300TH range and 101% of them are very happy and ordering more units most of them.

SP-10 is a very good piece of hardware, Gadi and the rest are very nice looks for me like good people.

But considering that I think is not required to day bad things about Bitmain to sell SP-10.

All the best!

My post was aimed to people like Airwhale:

Would someone explain to me why this is a better deal than an S2?  An S2 currently costs around $2200 with coupon (around $2.20 per G/hash),  has only a little worse power/ghash,  and ships about a week and a half earlier?  Seems like the S2 is a better deal,  even if 401 units are bought.

I don't want this to be a debate on why is S2 better than SP10, but when people raise issues I like to address them.

@topminingcontracts I do understand that you are among the new Bitmain distributors, but the facts are out there and can't be hidden. You say that S2 had problems with less than 1% of their Batch one. What about Batch 2 and 3? How many problems were there? Why don't you mention them? Would you like to dig them for you or will you admit that they had A LOT of problems regarding shipping, cards being corrupt right out of the box, psu issue (miner shutting down) etc. It's not like I'm making the problems up. I backed them with proof and there is plenty available on the S2 thread.

Here is your 1% of Batch one units:
Earlier in the thread it seems like a lot of Batch 1 owners were reporting issues with the unit losing all (or some) config data upon reboot.  (I think the gist was that some people just had EVERYTHING overwritten/reset, and others were just losing specific parts of their customizations, like IPs and changes to initscripts or passwords, etc.)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: