Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:56:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]***Spondoolies Tech SP10 - 1.4-1.45Th/s - $2,795 + shipping***  (Read 32206 times)
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:04:08 PM

2 weeks earlier? Batch 4 isn't shipping yet and SP10 is shipping in 1 week. How can it arrive 2 weeks earlier?

Less import fees? You obviously don't own an SP10. How much is the S2 in the invoice that you get outside of US? SP-Tech helped all customers with the import fees.

Batch 4 starts shipping tomorrow.  SP10 Doesn't ship until May 16, and that's assuming they get them all out the door on the 16th.

You're right, I don't own an SP10 because I'm risk averse and up until now the Spondoolies pricing has been garbage comparative to other offerings.  Like others, I don't care how pretty it looks, I care that the $/GH is the lowest possible, it arrives promptly, and hashes for the next 5-6 months until it's obsolete/impractical to run.

What does Spondoolies-tech put down as the invoice cost on the paperwork?  

While both S2 and SP10 hash at the advertised rate I am sure that the SP10 has more uptime than the S2.

You're sure of a lot of things when it comes to Spondoolies, aren't you?  Disclosure: I'm interested in buying a couple of these units, but I'd advise laying off the championing.  Look what Bitcoinorama did for KnC and now half the board loathes him.  

Dropt, there is not a single place where you go immediately and defend Bitmains products.

What is this?

Are you getting paid for this?

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 11:09:26 PM

Uh oh.  Looks like a very slow start this time.  Is the going to be a price reduction soon?  Looks like it is pretty hard to flog 1.5T in this crowded market. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:20:11 PM

2 weeks earlier? Batch 4 isn't shipping yet and SP10 is shipping in 1 week. How can it arrive 2 weeks earlier?

Less import fees? You obviously don't own an SP10. How much is the S2 in the invoice that you get outside of US? SP-Tech helped all customers with the import fees.

Batch 4 starts shipping tomorrow.  SP10 Doesn't ship until May 16, and that's assuming they get them all out the door on the 16th.

You're right, I don't own an SP10 because I'm risk averse and up until now the Spondoolies pricing has been garbage comparative to other offerings.  Like others, I don't care how pretty it looks, I care that the $/GH is the lowest possible, it arrives promptly, and hashes for the next 5-6 months until it's obsolete/impractical to run.

What does Spondoolies-tech put down as the invoice cost on the paperwork? 

While both S2 and SP10 hash at the advertised rate I am sure that the SP10 has more uptime than the S2.

You're sure of a lot of things when it comes to Spondoolies, aren't you?  Disclosure: I'm interested in buying a couple of these units, but I'd advise laying off the championing.  Look what Bitcoinorama did for KnC and now half the board loathes him. 

You sound bad intended. Here is why:
- First you say that an S2 arrives 2 weeks earlier to find out that it's actually just 1 week and it's not arriving, it's shipping. Two different things;
- You said something about import fees and now after I question you, you remain silent;
- After failing first 2 arguments you introduce a new one the $/GH. This GB offers 2.13$/GH (with one free hosting which costs more than the electricity for one month for some remote and expensive locations) Do you imply that S2 is cheaper?;
- Asking me about SP-Tech's invoice without answering me is just low;

The Bitcoinorama argument again. Bitcoinorama was right about KnC back last year before they shipped anything. Don't compare facts from last year in different circumstances with facts from this year under other circumstances. Last year when Bitcoinorama was supporting KnC we only had bare Avalon chips (with lots of failed projects), bitfury and KnC. (BFL doesn't count) Bitcoinorama helped me and many others make the decision to get pre-orders from KnC instead of others and he did a very good job and i repeat myself he was right about KnC. They delivered on time, had a very good W/GH and they also got 50% more hashrate than advertised for Batch 2 customers (while Batch 1 customers got just ~30% more hashrate than advertised) and they worked as intended. Of course there were a few boards that got fire, but the number was very small and they had a pretty decent RMA process. Because of this success Jupiters were sold at 3x or more their original price on the markets and for me KnC managed to be very close to the Avalon Batch 1 success where people paid crazy amounts of money compared to the original price. Until now I don't think that was repeated again, but feel free to correct me. After this big success and after the fiasco from December with the spare/upgrade boards, Bitcoinorama slowly faded away and stopped supporting KnC and right now I am sure that he is no where near KnC. I have no idea what went between them, but I am sure that he wasn't satisfied with how things went and he walked away. So I don't see why would half the board loathe 'Orama because didn't lie with anything regarding Jupiters. I still don't feel any regret for tipping him over 1BTC at that moment and I would do it again anytime.
Also don't compare how he stood by a company who never launched anything in bitcoin mining with me supporting SP-Tech who already have launched a great product at a great price with a great power consumption Smiley

Good luck

Have you took into consideration the amount of old tech that will go offline soon?

Uh oh.  Looks like a very slow start this time.  Is the going to be a price reduction soon?  Looks like it is pretty hard to flog 1.5T in this crowded market. 

There will be no price reduction, but I'm amused of how posts who claim continuous exponential rising in difficulty stand near posts who claim that nothing is selling right now on the market.

googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:38:22 PM

If BTC goes to $650 by 19 May I will get one for sure !

^ This.

Actually, if BTC creeps up to 475+ and the group buy is slow enough for them to drop the price down to $2995, I'd be in for one or two Smiley.  The price point is just not that sexy at the moment.  I get cheap as hell power.  S1's are hard to beat still, regardless of being power hogs Tongue.

That said, I'm glad we have at least 3 companies competing for business from us.  The prices will continue to come down as they compete with each other over the next month.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

Is less than 1%

We delivered more than 5000 S2 in US I had problem with 8 units.

Those are the real world numbers.

Several customers received 100+ units with not a single problem and 90% of the problems are related with shipping.

I insist when you have a good product like the one you have does not require to say bad things about Bitmain S2.

Today more than 20% of the network hashrate is based in Bitmain hardware.

Both are nice pieces of hardware and probably the two best ones.

All the best!

Are you Bitmain or a distribuitor? Are those numbers from what you as a distribuitor shipped or total number of units (Bitmain+you)?

I am asking you this because I am a bit confused. You may have arrange some kind of bulk and safe shipping for you as a distribuitor, but let's see Bitmain's problems (I will just post links to not clog up the thread):
- first problem 4 April https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg6063017#msg6063017
- problems continue on 17 April https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg6269268#msg6269268 and on 18 April https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg6276322#msg6276322
- problems continue on 23 April https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg6359902#msg6359902
- problems again on 29 April https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.msg6447018#msg6447018

There are many more other examples, but i gave some just as guideline. Having almost 4 weeks without any improvement and without a proper customer support means that Bitmain doesn't care about it's customers. And I don't believe you that you as a distributor shipped 5000 units of S2.

I see no problem in stating real facts. Problems come from the bad management of the company.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

^ This.

Actually, if BTC creeps up to 475+ and the group buy is slow enough for them to drop the price down to $2995, I'd be in for one or two Smiley.  The price point is just not that sexy at the moment.  I get cheap as hell power.  S1's are hard to beat still, regardless of being power hogs Tongue.

That said, I'm glad we have at least 3 companies competing for business from us.  The prices will continue to come down as they compete with each other over the next month.

The forum will never be pleased. On my first GB people were asking in-stock miners. I got them in-stock miners at the best $/GH available right now and they want lower price...

I wonder from what company will you buy in 3 months.

Edit: I learned one thing during the last year. In bitcoin world it's better to buy bitcoins when the price is moving up and when the price is moving down or staying it's better to buy miners. If the price goes up very fast everyone will buy miners and the difficulty will explode so no point in buying miners then. I saw my Avalon chips lose value faster than a banana rots and all of that because we went from ~$120 to $1200 in just 2 months. For me this is the best time to mine. I get more bitcoins than what everyone will get if the price explodes.

googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:47:20 PM

^ This.

Actually, if BTC creeps up to 475+ and the group buy is slow enough for them to drop the price down to $2995, I'd be in for one or two Smiley.  The price point is just not that sexy at the moment.  I get cheap as hell power.  S1's are hard to beat still, regardless of being power hogs Tongue.

That said, I'm glad we have at least 3 companies competing for business from us.  The prices will continue to come down as they compete with each other over the next month.

The forum will never be pleased. On my first GB people were asking in-stock miners. I got them in-stock miners at the best $/GH available right now and they want lower price...

Dude, it is literally not your fault.  Thank you for organizing this group buy and the other group buy as well.  Believe me, in my eyes, you are a saint and really trying to do something great for the community.  Don't think its not appreciated.  I'm just adding to the discussion in saying its almost priced good enough to consider, but when things are priced in dollars, and the BTC price is depressed, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon with any of these new miners at the moment.  I want to, i really want to, because I'm addicted to mining and need my fix in a new miner soon.  But all the prices over the past month seem reasonable if the bitcoin price was around $500 (which is where I truly think it should be for the short term).

I'm more upset at the bitcoin price staying depressed and hoping that it rebounds HARD over the next few days.  If so, I'm in.  So here's to hoping!

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

^ This.

Actually, if BTC creeps up to 475+ and the group buy is slow enough for them to drop the price down to $2995, I'd be in for one or two Smiley.  The price point is just not that sexy at the moment.  I get cheap as hell power.  S1's are hard to beat still, regardless of being power hogs Tongue.

That said, I'm glad we have at least 3 companies competing for business from us.  The prices will continue to come down as they compete with each other over the next month.

Edit: I learned one thing during the last year. In bitcoin world it's better to buy bitcoins when the price is moving up and when the price is moving down or staying it's better to buy miners. If the price goes up very fast everyone will buy miners and the difficulty will explode so no point in buying miners then. I saw my Avalon chips lose value faster than a banana rots and all of that because we went from ~$120 to $1200 in just 2 months. For me this is the best time to mine. I get more bitcoins than what everyone will get if the price explodes.

It's not a bad deal for the unit
The quality/support is good and the company is reputable

It's just the BTC price does not match up with the return of the unit
The simple numbers just don't lie..

I wouldn't be mining to make huge profits as I understand the importance of the process
But I just can't make the loss I would be by purchasing one of these right now..

Any argument about the price going up or down doesn't matter as well.. The fact is once you've paid for it.. it's locked in.. from this point of time with even conservative estimates you will not get a ROI on the unit.
If there were even a chance I could get a small % of ROI I would jump on it straight away and I think that's what other people are alluding to here
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:05:50 AM

I think the low BTC exchange rate is hurting SP10 sales.

Personally, I would buy a few units if the price of BTC was a bit higher.

All the FUD coming out of China is really hurting mining hardware manufacturers.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:58:27 AM

I think the low BTC exchange rate is hurting SP10 sales.

Personally, I would buy a few units if the price of BTC was a bit higher.

All the FUD coming out of China is really hurting mining hardware manufacturers.

All the FUD coming out of China is hurting miners.  I don't care if hardware manufacturers got hurt.  They are making fat profits so let them taste some of our loss too.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:55:05 AM

my 1st "rude" post !

OMFG kids, live the future not the past but good to learn from it. so many of you think you seem to know & can predict everything, if so you are already very rich !

have some respect for OP for trying to get a good deal on the GB. hoping that the deal can be sweetened a lil more.

yes we may compare different equipment & manufacturers but I think we better stay on the topic.
cr4sh0verride

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:05:45 AM

I think that the discussion so far including other miners is pertinent to the conversation

No one is saying they can predict the future either.. but you can make estimated predictions on the information that you have
That's what I do at least .. and like I said my predictions are conservative as well

my 1st "rude" post !

OMFG kids, live the future not the past but good to learn from it. so many of you think you seem to know & can predict everything, if so you are already very rich !

have some respect for OP for trying to get a good deal on the GB. hoping that the deal can be sweetened a lil more.

yes we may compare different equipment & manufacturers but I think we better stay on the topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:05:59 AM

$3200 with the shipping hmmm nice.

Comparable to the S2.

Nice indeed.

Makes the choice a bit easier. Feeling more inclined to get an SP10 as well now.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:09:38 AM

$3200 with the shipping hmmm nice.

Comparable to the S2.

Nice indeed.

Makes the choice a bit easier. Feeling more inclined to get an SP10 as well now.

You wont regret it 1 bit.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

Dropt, there is not a single place where you go immediately and defend Bitmains products.

What is this?

Are you getting paid for this?

Yes, I'm gifted one (1)  S1 for every positive Bitmain post I make.

gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:22:04 AM

my 1st "rude" post !

well, I am already rich.  what are you talking about?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:08:27 AM

You sound bad intended. Here is why:
- First you say that an S2 arrives 2 weeks earlier to find out that it's actually just 1 week and it's not arriving, it's shipping. Two different things;

I've ordered enough Bitmain HW to know that it'll be on my doorstep within three days after it gets picked up in China.  You're making the assumption that Spondoolies will be able to ship out up to 500 units on May 16.  A single hiccup and that gets pushed by up to 3 days. 

If Bitmain has shipped out early, which they have a bit of a history doing it's possible I could have the unit in my hand by Friday, although I concede early next week is more likely.  The case still stands that there lies the reasonable possibility that there will be a two week delay between my receipt of the S2 vs the SP10.

- You said something about import fees and now after I question you, you remain silent;

My apologies, I missed your inquiry.  I haven't received one although my understanding is that its' in the neighbourhood of $600.  Every S1 I've purchased was marked at $150, even the ones I bought in December for $4,000 a piece.

- After failing first 2 arguments you introduce a new one the $/GH. This GB offers 2.13$/GH (with one free hosting which costs more than the electricity for one month for some remote and expensive locations) Do you imply that S2 is cheaper?;
- Asking me about SP-Tech's invoice without answering me is just low;

Failed arguments?  Hardly.  Perhaps you should re-read my post, it was a statement about what matters to me.  I did not lay claim to what was cheaper or not.  A mistake on my part, but claiming it as low and then doing the exact same thing?  A little hypocritical If you ask me.

As for the rest, I'd reply but I'm not interesting in trying to parse that wall of text.
wpgdeez

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:16:43 AM

If they got the price down to $2750 these would sell like hotcakes! I'm BTC poor right now since I doubled down on Ants. Lets see what my 4.2 thash can bring in by the 16th  Grin
cr4sh0verride

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:25:41 AM

I think $2750 is a little low but they would sell like hotcakes yes I would certainly take one or two for sure Smiley
wpgdeez

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:27:39 AM

I think $2750 is a little low but they would sell like hotcakes yes I would certainly take one or two for sure Smiley
You always start low  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: