Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]***Spondoolies Tech SP10 - 1.4-1.45Th/s - $2,795 + shipping***  (Read 32210 times)
braindead

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:17:59 AM

I think $2750 is a little low but they would sell like hotcakes yes I would certainly take one or two for sure Smiley
You always start low  Grin

Yups that´s the price to rock on .. hey road.. hey spoon .. make it and we will reach the 400
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:58:17 AM

suggestion for donations (no particular order):

1. ckolivas
2. bitcointalk.org

.. the rest don't seem to take donations in btc.
3. minepeon
4. linux
5. lighttpd
6. php
7. dropbear

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:46:09 AM

If they got the price down to $2750 these would sell like hotcakes! I'm BTC poor right now since I doubled down on Ants. Lets see what my 4.2 thash can bring in by the 16th  Grin

About 2BTC  Tongue

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:07:39 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 09:22:40 AM by RoadStress

I've ordered enough Bitmain HW to know that it'll be on my doorstep within three days after it gets picked up in China.  You're making the assumption that Spondoolies will be able to ship out up to 500 units on May 16.  A single hiccup and that gets pushed by up to 3 days.  

If Bitmain has shipped out early, which they have a bit of a history doing it's possible I could have the unit in my hand by Friday, although I concede early next week is more likely.  The case still stands that there lies the reasonable possibility that there will be a two week delay between my receipt of the S2 vs the SP10.

How can you receive "your" SP10 with a two week delay since you haven't joined this GB?

- You said something about import fees and now after I question you, you remain silent;
My apologies, I missed your inquiry.  I haven't received one although my understanding is that its' in the neighbourhood of $600.  Every S1 I've purchased was marked at $150, even the ones I bought in December for $4,000 a piece.

Diverting the subject again and again. I thought we are talking about S2, not S1. Why not stay on topic?

Perhaps you should re-read my post, it was a statement about what matters to me.  I did not lay claim to what was cheaper or not. 
Ok my mistake there.

cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:10:17 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 09:24:53 AM by cr4sh0verride

Bueller

lol
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:23:17 AM

I'm not sure what the profit margain is on each unit

But I would be a buyer at a lower price point than the price point it's at now as would I think quite a few more people

I got it. No need to repeat it every page Smiley

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:32:00 AM

suggestion for donations (no particular order):

1. ckolivas
2. bitcointalk.org

.. the rest don't seem to take donations in btc.
3. minepeon
4. linux
5. lighttpd
6. php
7. dropbear

QG
MinePeon take donations, just contact MineForeman here on the forum.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:41:33 AM

SP10 - what a great product!  I'm in for one.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:54:33 AM

looks like the competition just stepped up. Dragon 1 TH are going for 2300 hosted with buy back insurance & 2400 with delivery included in about a week or less.
Prices are excluding bulk discounts & those who have discount coupons.
hope this GB can compete or do better like suggestions posted earlier. probably a coupon style or bundle Huh just a suggestion though.
i'm not saying this GB or the sp10 in not a good product/deal but just got a feeling other manufacturers may lower the price or sweeten the deals even further.

few questions:

what kind/type of delivery will the sp10 use & estimated delivery time to EU/USA/ASIA ?

will there be any compensation if delivery is delayed ?

customs declaration option ?

don't mean to be a PITA but wanted to know more before investing further.

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:56:38 AM

Those dragons sellers are awful.

I asked for a big order a few days ago and the would not discount a single cent.

Now with all the discounts of Spondoolies and Bitmains , they also discount like idiots.

I am sick of those sellers.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:02:08 AM

looks like the competition just stepped up. Dragoon 1 TH are going for 2300 hosted with insurance & 2400 with delivery included. Prices are excluding bulk discounts. hope this GB can compete or do better like suggestions posted earlier. i'm not saying this GB or the sp10 in not a good product/deal but just got a feeling other manufacturers may lower the price even further.

This GB - $2130/TH with 1 month hosting or free shipping; Dragon - $2300-$2400/TH. You lack math skills my friend.

SVK

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:08:44 AM

Good luck

Have you took into consideration the amount of old tech that will go offline soon?

[/quote]

Hard to predict. I'm going to sell 4 Ants and buy 1TH machine instead of them. So I will increase hashing instead of decreasing.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:07:18 PM

I have a suggestion for donations. But of course, I am biased. (see sig for a clue; go feed some children.)

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:20:28 PM

I bought 4 SP10's couple days before this GB started
I still may join this GB for a couple more before it ends
Profetu

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

If BTC goes to $650 by 19 May I will get one for sure !

^ This.

Actually, if BTC creeps up to 475+ and the group buy is slow enough for them to drop the price down to $2995, I'd be in for one or two Smiley.  The price point is just not that sexy at the moment.  I get cheap as hell power.  S1's are hard to beat still, regardless of being power hogs Tongue.

That said, I'm glad we have at least 3 companies competing for business from us.  The prices will continue to come down as they compete with each other over the next month.

The forum will never be pleased. On my first GB people were asking in-stock miners. I got them in-stock miners at the best $/GH available right now and they want lower price...

I wonder from what company will you buy in 3 months.

Dude, it is literally not your fault.  Thank you for organizing this group buy and the other group buy as well.  Believe me, in my eyes, you are a saint and really trying to do something great for the community.  Don't think its not appreciated.  I'm just adding to the discussion in saying its almost priced good enough to consider, but when things are priced in dollars, and the BTC price is depressed, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon with any of these new miners at the moment.  I want to, i really want to, because I'm addicted to mining and need my fix in a new miner soon.  But all the prices over the past month seem reasonable if the bitcoin price was around $500 (which is where I truly think it should be for the short term).

I'm more upset at the bitcoin price staying depressed and hoping that it rebounds HARD over the next few days.  If so, I'm in.  So here's to hoping!

You are right. Also it's not manufacturers fault. The BTC price is just too low. To be profitable this machine should be way cheaper and I understand the manufactures don't want to lower the prices to that level.

So besides selling overpriced gear the only solution I see for manufacturers is to mine for themselves until their products BTC price will be lower.

If Spondoolies can deliver 500 units from 16 May I'm curious what will they do with the unsold units as they said they aren't going to mine with them. Leave 300-400 units on shelves not mining while you also have hosting space/equipment?
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:44:38 PM

Guys, we should all hold off our hardware buying so the asic manufacturers can go into distress and start knocking off prices.  At the current price, we are buying hardwares to support them.  You are not buying to make a profit. If that is your goal then go ahead.

SVK

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

Guys, we should all hold off our hardware buying so the asic manufacturers can go into distress and start knocking off prices.  At the current price, we are buying hardwares to support them.  You are not buying to make a profit. If that is your goal then go ahead.

I can't find a single one miner which will return investment Sad
I'm not talking about profit just would like to earn back BTC I have spend on mining equipment.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:01:25 PM

It was a mistake to not create a self-moderated topic, but I thought we passed this kind of discussions and i hoped that only questions and issues regarding this GB will be here.

I see that you are happily buying other miners, but somehow you have a problem with this GB:

I bought an s2 recently.  I did not get a coupon.  How do you access to the coupon?

Bittech is not being honest.  He said he will ship my miners tomorrow, but it took him ten days.  YOU CAN NOT DO THIS IN THIS BUSINESS.  
I buy those 4 miners from you for $8000.  You make a $500 profit right now.

I will definitely be more careful next time, but please keep your opinions to yourself and don't by a hypocrite here. I don't want to argue about this so let's call it even.

Edit: And no I will never donate to lazy thermos who can't have a proper forum software.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:18:26 PM

I'm not talking about profit just would like to earn back BTC I have spend on mining equipment.

This was addressed too in my first GB. Feel free to buy and hold BTC if that works out for you. For me and for others holding to BTC might seem a bit hard and everyone is tempted to either try day trading or can't stand the fact that the exchange isn't moving or if it's moving down and they might sell at a loss. There is always the problem of when will you exchange your BTCs. Maybe the exchange goes to $1k and you are happy with your profit and then in 2 months it goes to $5k. You will not be so happy then if you exchanged your BTCs for a profit at $1k. Or the exchange might be at 450$ for 6 months and you just have money stuck, while miners have money moving.

Also don't forget that the SP10 is profitable even at 45 bil difficulty. Last year everyone was throwing money when the exchange rate was high without any planning in case something goes wrong. Now it seems that everyone is taking EXTRA measures when it comes small amounts of BTC. Nobody was thinking of any BTC return when they spent 55 BTC for a BabyJet or when they spend millions buying from CoinTerra or the other manufacturers.

SVK

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

This was addressed too in my first GB. Feel free to buy and hold BTC if that works out for you. For me and for others holding to BTC might seem a bit hard and everyone is tempted to either try day trading or can't stand the fact that the exchange isn't moving or if it's moving down and they might sell at a loss. There is always the problem of when will you exchange your BTCs. Maybe the exchange goes to $1k and you are happy with your profit and then in 2 months it goes to $5k. You will not be so happy then if you exchanged your BTCs for a profit at $1k. Or the exchange might be at 450$ for 6 months and you just have money stuck, while miners have money moving.

Also don't forget that the SP10 is profitable even at 45 bil difficulty. Last year everyone was throwing money when the exchange rate was high without any planning in case something goes wrong. Now it seems that everyone is taking EXTRA measures when it comes small amounts of BTC. Nobody was thinking of any BTC return when they spent 55 BTC for a BabyJet or when they spend millions buying from CoinTerra or the other manufacturers.

If you tell me how this miner will mine 8.5BTC I will buy one.
188 days with 14% increments will make 4BTC after that it will make 0.0077 a day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: