Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold in Rectum - Or reason #15242 why Bitcoin is valuable  (Read 10167 times)
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 01:43:49 AM

EDIT: The movie is Midnight Express, Serge. NIN, I think, is Nine Inch Nails.

I love the Chase theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akyx5iu_z8Y), by Giorgio Moroder, from this movie.

Yes, this story does seem a bit old-fashioned in the 21st century, doesn't it Grin

Past century:

Security through obscurity:

Delicious.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:02:15 AM

Ignoring bitcoins, how would you smuggle that much gold?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:17:29 AM

What scenario are you thinking? The one that got those guys caught (from S.Korea to Japan,) some other, or in general?

My first thought would to be to actually make it into real jewelry. I don't know that women wearing jewelry won't get stopped and charged a tariff for wearing it into the country though, so that may be out.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
PrintCoins

Activity: 533

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:12:51 PM

What scenario are you thinking? The one that got those guys caught (from S.Korea to Japan,) some other, or in general?

My first thought would to be to actually make it into real jewelry. I don't know that women wearing jewelry won't get stopped and charged a tariff for wearing it into the country though, so that may be out.

The situation these guys were in: Trying to transport gold from S.Korea to Japan.

I was thinking jewelry works as well, but would require either a lot of trips or a Mr. T styling. If you don't have to put your stuff through an x-ray scanner, filling laptop with gold would work. Otherwise, you might just want to fill the hard drive with gold if that isn't normally penetrated with x-rays.

Some other tricks: melt the coins into the shape of dollar coins, and coat with a material that makes it look normal. You could fill the inside of crutches with gold, or the tubing for a baby stroller (you will need to borrow a baby for this one). Basically anything where metal is expected and can be replaced with gold and concealed would work.

In the end, it makes a good case for bitcoins.

I remember when my sister was in africa in the peace corps, and we wanted to send her cash. We had to conceal it in various objects to prevent customs from taking it.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:40:56 PM

The situation these guys were in: Trying to transport gold from S.Korea to Japan.

Some other tricks: melt the coins into the shape of dollar coins, and coat with a material that makes it look normal. You could fill the inside of crutches with gold, or the tubing for a baby stroller (you will need to borrow a baby for this one). Basically anything where metal is expected and can be replaced with gold and concealed would work.

That one almost seems foolproof, as long as it's solid. Just make it look like it should be heavy.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

You ain't see nothing:
Cops: Jailed man smuggled gun in rectum
http://www.pinewswire.net/article/cops-jailed-man-smuggled-gun-in-rectum
 Shocked
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 12:33:26 AM

That one almost seems foolproof, as long as it's solid. Just make it look like it should be heavy.

...until the TSA finds out that one of these babies can be easily converter, that is:

Informs you if it discovered a nail, gold nugget or a Budweiser pull tab.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 05:55:06 PM

One ounce of gold in hand is worth two ounces of gold in...rectum

LOL

Technically I'm not so sure about that.  Although not pleasant, it should be less uncomfortable than a prostrate exam, and an ounce of gold is pretty valuable these days.  I think a 1-oz bar form factor with rounded edges would be OK.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 06:10:53 PM

I labor under the assumption that detectors which can do some form of spectroscopy will be able to discriminate high densities of a chosen element rather easily are available, or will be as needed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 06:20:30 PM

Here's the image of the gold that was being smuggled:

Takes the term "gold digging" to a hole new level.

1923 Book: http://books.google.com/books?id=0SA0AQAAIAAJ&q=%22smuggling+jewels+in+the+rectum%22&dq=%22smuggling+jewels+in+the+rectum%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oFQcT7u5KcXh0gGy34yuCw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA

This thread may solve one mystery, by the way:

I hope Ed gets back soon with that new soft chair.
meanig

Activity: 531

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 02:35:47 AM

Someone else who could have found Bitcoin useful. He took losing £15000 remarkably well  Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP1Ll5M6_yU

Is there anyway he could cash out Bitcoins in Eritrea?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:15:57 AM

Someone else who could have found Bitcoin useful. He took losing £15000 remarkably well  Roll Eyes

WTF

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:10:08 PM

Nice how the video description concludes he is likely some sort of nasty criminal, suggesting he shouldn't have even been allowed to leave without further investigation.

Could be as simple as there IS no paperwork to show he earned the money "legally" (as arbitrary as that can be nowadays.) Yeah, another case where bitcoins might have helped someone keep more of their money.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: