Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:05:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new to bitcoin mining, need help  (Read 1524 times)
russokai (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

I just started this last night, my friend walked me through the process, I was using GUIminer with a deepbit.net account(remember I'm completely in the dark about this, so please excuse any incorrect terms/info) but I did not know how to shut it down correctly, I asked the /G/ board on 4chan, they said if I just stop mining it would be fine, but when I relaunched it, it said I had no bitcoins, even though I earned 640 shares during the night, did I do something wrong? I'm very confused/frustrated because I can't find anything online about similar problems.
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 05:40:24 PM

I was using GUIminer...
but when I relaunched it, it said I had no bitcoins..
huh?
since when do miners know, or tell about how many coins we have in our wallets?

check your deepbit-account, it'll tell you how much you earned
and if that amount has been send to your wallet, your bitcoin-client will show,
miners won't do that, they're supposed to generate hashes, nothing more than that.

theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 04:56:32 PM

I was using GUIminer...
but when I relaunched it, it said I had no bitcoins..
huh?
since when do miners know, or tell about how many coins we have in our wallets?

check your deepbit-account, it'll tell you how much you earned
and if that amount has been send to your wallet, your bitcoin-client will show,
miners won't do that, they're supposed to generate hashes, nothing more than that.

The Poclbm GUI allows you to poll some sites for your balance, if you have setup a token. With that said, I don't know what your problem is. Have you logged into the website directly like BitLex said to check your balance? Are you on PPS or proportional systems? Any more information will be helpful.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 05:21:08 PM

The Poclbm GUI allows you to poll some sites for your balance, if you have setup a token.

oh, my bad, didn't know that,
i haven't used the GUI myself for quite a while, maybe i should check out the new version.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: