Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian localbitcoins scammer list  (Read 63159 times)
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:45:44 AM

Beaware of this new scammer (https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/SHIV4659/) and of his methods.

This guy provides certain details on LBTC chat and then contacts you separately via phone or text giving u a completely new set of details to send the money to. If u fall for that.. He has a great opportunity to claim that he hasnt got the money on the account no. stated on LBTC and the buyer is just trying to trick him.

There might be genuine cases as well where the seller might actually want the money on another bank details. For those please contact the seller and ask him to make it clear on localbitcoins chat..about what he wants you to do and then proceed with the trade..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxLBC

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 07:32:51 AM

Hi guys!

It's awesome that you share information regarding scammers here, but could you please also open up support tickets telling us about the scammers? This way we can also ban them from our platform. I go through this thread periodically to find the latest scammers, but it would be much faster if you guys could report them directly to us when you find someone who is acting suspicious.
kreatous

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:49:36 AM

Hi sorry to interrupt but if you are looking for a safe way to make bank wire transfers so as to make sure its not hacked then please ask an ID proof before making a trade and cross check the account from which the trade is made that's the best i can offer as i do it too and trace down all my new clients before making a trade Smiley
(PS: anshul and ishan if you are reading this then this is the reason i got your phone number your house address and every detail about you and your family, now common man talk beers on me)
shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:42:38 PM

Hi sorry to interrupt but if you are looking for a safe way to make bank wire transfers so as to make sure its not hacked then please ask an ID proof before making a trade and cross check the account from which the trade is made that's the best i can offer as i do it too and trace down all my new clients before making a trade Smiley
(PS: anshul and ishan if you are reading this then this is the reason i got your phone number your house address and every detail about you and your family, now common man talk beers on me)

I had done that once. Had the aadhar details, name matched his hdfc bank netbanking page screenshot. Everthing looked perfect. unfortunately the entire identity of that person had been stolen. scam still took place.
shahadil

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:57:32 AM

Hi, everyone been hit 2 times today, but ip's based in the uk and us, asking to make payment to my hdfc account using a payment service called xoom. the first guy had only 1 trade, when i asked him for documents, was going round and round as to how good the payment service is, but did not provide any documents. asked him to cancel, as something seemed wrong. as soon as he cancelled, within 5 min someone with a us ip sent me a request, asking to transfer money via xoom.

havent traded, but just wanted to know, this looks suspicious. just though would give everyone a heads up. i could be wrong, though.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:32:56 AM

Hi, everyone been hit 2 times today, but ip's based in the uk and us, asking to make payment to my hdfc account using a payment service called xoom. the first guy had only 1 trade, when i asked him for documents, was going round and round as to how good the payment service is, but did not provide any documents. asked him to cancel, as something seemed wrong. as soon as he cancelled, within 5 min someone with a us ip sent me a request, asking to transfer money via xoom.

havent traded, but just wanted to know, this looks suspicious. just though would give everyone a heads up. i could be wrong, though.

I am sure it is the same guy using a VPN, Tongue

shahadil

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:14:33 PM

haha must be, the payment service looks decent, i had a look at it, but the way he spoke, smelled of a scam. i just couldnt figure out how he would do it.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:17:07 PM

haha must be, the payment service looks decent, i had a look at it, but the way he spoke, smelled of a scam. i just couldnt figure out how he would do it.

Yeah better to be safe than sorry! The fact that he changed VPN to convince you as another user should tell you that he was looking to scam you. Apparently Xoom is a paypal company, so i am guessing they support charge backs? If they do, that could have been his modus operandi!

shahadil

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:59:20 PM

Yeah better to be safe than sorry! The fact that he changed VPN to convince you as another user should tell you that he was looking to scam you. Apparently Xoom is a paypal company, so i am guessing they support charge backs? If they do, that could have been his modus operandi!

hmmm, it appears that they transfer directly to bank account, but in my experience with banks last 2 years, if they would request a charge back, the bank would have gone all out to block my account and what not. the banking system is so bad, i cant tell you, its the only reason i think bitcoin has a future.
ramkumar

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:11:54 PM

It looks very sad to see, this thread starter Escrow_MS also scammer.

Bitcointalk profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=76380

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Card-frauds-used-bitcoins-to-trade-money/articleshow/50922983.cms

The busting of an international syndicate of debit card cloners on Tuesday has unearthed the use of bitcoins to avoid detection. The money siphoned from ATM machines was converted into the cryptocurrency and distributed among the people involved in the crime.

Pankaj Bhardwaj, operations manager of a bitcoin trading firm in Pitampura, was arrested on Tuesday, thought the crime branch is still on the trail of the suspected kingpin, Sumair Sheikh, who is believed to be based in Dubai. Since the accused had access to crucial information related to the ATM cards, the cops also suspect a bank official's role in the racket.

Pankaj Bhardwaj was part of an India based bitcoin exchange. They have evicted him as well...

Source: https://coinsecure.tumblr.com/post/139031335450/a-change-in-coinsecure
Nusafar

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:44:57 PM

INDIAN BEGGER SCAMMER TIFFIN WALA USING BITCOIN
"HEIGHTS OF BEGGING"

DEEPAK CHAWLA
MMID: 9026368
Name: Anu
Account number: 502202010003514
Bank name: Union Bank of India
IFSC Code: Ubin0550221
Bank branch: SSI Okhla

IP address information:
IP:   106.67.82.49
Decimal:   1782796849
Hostname:   106.67.82.49
ASN:   45271
ISP:   Idea Cellular
Organization:   Idea Cellular
Services:   None detected
Type:   Wireless Broadband
Assignment:   Static IP

Continent:   Asia
State/Region:   Uttarakhand
City:   Roorkee
Latitude:   29.8667  (29° 52′ 0.12″ N)
Longitude:   77.8833  (77° 52′ 59.88″ E)
Postal Code:   247656
hazephase

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:22:56 AM

I got scammed by Deepak Chawla, I went to the bank and the would not help me. The police also were not helpfull
Cadauzarh

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:55:13 AM

i never used localbitcoins but i heard from my friend's that there are so many scammers.so i didn't use it.
never buy or sell BTC without escrow.
that's the moral.
philiveyjr
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:04:16 AM

i never used localbitcoins but i heard from my friend's that there are so many scammers.so i didn't use it.
never buy or sell BTC without escrow.
that's the moral.
I trade on localbitcoins.. yeah there might be a few scammers..but the escrow takes care of it.. As long as u r doing bank transfers..everything should be fine.. since u release the money only once u get it into your account. If the trader is lying..u can dispute the trade and win it fairly.

Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:56:26 PM

Sameer123
Arslan Farooqui
Lateef Pasha
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/sameer123/

Mustafa/ Sahil

Another scammers details. (Sold bitcoins to me, then didn't released coins for several days hoping to get them back somehow)

Account number: 10140089858
Bank: SBI Dehradun saharanpur road
Name-anurag yadav
IFSC code -SBIN0003137
Mob: 9927276774
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/anuragyadav/

wow you really kept a good record of him
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 02:19:21 PM

First want to clear that Bitcoin is anonymous currency so without trust or escrow must not have to made transaction. I don't remember name of guy but was saying he is from pune which near to my place but when I search for mobile location guy was from delhi !

I just stumbled. Second when I called to buy Bitcoins he reply me that if you are new then must have to buy 1 bitcoin at least. I stumbled again when he told me to send amount directly to bank account.

Now I get confirm smoke of scamming. I made a call to guy and ask few more about Pune and hi job he just start to impressing me.
I am bla bla bla bla....

I simply tell him to meet me personally in pune. and put my phone down and still waiting for date & time of appointment. I even observe that more than selling, scam is happening in buying.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 02:23:50 PM

First want to clear that Bitcoin is anonymous currency so without trust or escrow must not have to made transaction. I don't remember name of guy but was saying he is from pune which near to my place but when I search for mobile location guy was from delhi !

I just stumbled. Second when I called to buy Bitcoins he reply me that if you are new then must have to buy 1 bitcoin at least. I stumbled again when he told me to send amount directly to bank account.

Now I get confirm smoke of scamming. I made a call to guy and ask few more about Pune and hi job he just start to impressing me.
I am bla bla bla bla....

I simply tell him to meet me personally in pune. and put my phone down and still waiting for date & time of appointment. I even observe that more than selling, scam is happening in buying.

In such cases there was not big deal to find that man personally and cover all expensive by penalizing him to return paid amount and other charge as of harassment, efforts and money spend to reach to guy also file FIR near to his location.
masakali

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:48:00 PM

Hey guys, beware of trading on LBC using PayTM/Free Charge and especially MobiKwik. These company have non-existent security features and there are several of these wallet users complaining of hacked accounts/ etc.

And their customer service is pathetic. IDK how they are allowed to operate as a psuedo-bank financial service yet provide zero (I REPEAT BIG ZERO) when it comes to customer service. Mobikwik guys cannot even speak English properly.

Mobikwik does not even need a OTP to send money. Just login on APP with mobile number password and send money. I hope they atleast implement it now. Shameful really...  Angry

Modus operandi on LBC seems to be
1. Fraudster hacks unsuspecting user's PayTM/Mobikwik account.
2. Fraudster goes to LBC and finds users selling BTC for these APP wallet trades.
3. Places trade and transfers money to seller's wallet app.
4. BTC is released.
This is repeated quickly even 3-4 times a day if these fraudsters can.

In 2 or 3 days, the wallet's actual user finds out the balance is missing and makes a complaint with the wallet app.
Their immediate response is to completely block the all accounts to which money has been sent.

So basically you have sent BTC but now your wallet which received money is stuck as blocked, and there is no way to unblock it (well, you literally have to spend hours for this, send them ID proof/bank statement/ blah blah so it is a complete PIA and still no guarantee that it will be unlocked)

TIPS: If you really have to trade via this, make sure it is from a very reputable user having 100's of trades and to be completely safe, take a bank account statement of the person who sent you money. The bank account statement should show the transactions which added money to their PayTM or other wallet apps

philiveyjr
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:08:42 AM

Thanks for the tip, while I haven't ever traded with Paytm or Mobiwik, I have never been aware of this as a trader. Instead of posting this here, you might want to post it on the Home section of Local board for India.

masakali

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:29:46 AM

Thanks for the tip, while I haven't ever traded with Paytm or Mobiwik, I have never been aware of this as a trader. Instead of posting this here, you might want to post it on the Home section of Local board for India.

I just noticed that forum, I will post it there as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: